Today's mood

This is true, it’s hard to keep perspective. Relativism is difficult.

It's very easy to understand the relativity in a small way.

Turn off the power, turn off the phone. Not go to the supermarket for a week.

It's difficult for a generation who did not go to school in bare feet. :)

Reactions: creek47

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's very easy to understand the relativity in a small way.

Turn off the power, turn off the phone. Not go to the supermarket for a week.

It's difficult for a generation who did not go to school in bare feet. :)
I don’t want to get too philosophical or political in this thread. But we have college students that are refusing to have people
Give presentation because they’re comservatives. 50 years ago people were trying to force free speech and now people are trying to take it away. Just remember some schools have banned the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”, no shit! It’s shpposed to make you uncomfortable.

Perhaps when the movie "The Hunger Games" came out producers were trying to make a connection with your mention of the " To Kill A Mocking Bird" draws a parallel to the Mockingjay in the storyline of the Hunger Games trilogy.

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Perhaps when the movie "The Hunger Games" came out producers were trying to make a connection with your mention of the " To Kill A Mocking Bird" draws a parallel to the Mockingjay in the storyline of the Hunger Games trilogy..
Not overwhelmingly but reading the story and looking at Attitcus Finch and he it only takes one man to do the right thing.

Reactions: 185248

Not overwhelmingly but reading the story and looking at Attitcus Finch and he it only takes one man to do the right thing.
Just like the heroine in the movie.

Atticus was not by himself, he had a client who caused him to believe in himself. Atticus was nothing without an innocent client.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
got all my stuffs done today!
Animated-Gif-for-a-Happy-Dance-3.gif

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don’t want to get too philosophical or political in this thread. But we have college students that are refusing to have people
Give presentation because they’re comservatives. 50 years ago people were trying to force free speech and now people are trying to take it away. Just remember some schools have banned the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”, no shit! It’s shpposed to make you uncomfortable.

Hateful Rhetoric should not be swaddled in claims of free speech.

Nazis get punched in a perfect world

Last edited:

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

And who decides who is a Nazi? Ben Shapiro? Anne Culter? I don’t like Milo Ywhatever and think he’s an embarrassment to the conservative movement but he certainly isn’t a NAZI.

Who decides what is hateful rhetoric? For example, is saying in the time of the civil rights movement to now the rate of African American children being born out of wedlock increased from 20-70 percent. That’s a fact and may play into the conversation about inner city violence. I’ve had that thrown in my face as being hatefilled.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Anne Culter is a vitriolic bitch-cunt who brandies fascism and hate speech to pay her bills and pad out her sense of importance.

Ben Shapiro is a Hitler Youth Wannabe Frat Boy with a few books under his belt he schlocks along with unrest on college campuses. If he'd only had enough friends to form a D&D guild we wouldn't have to deal with him today.

Milo Yiannopoulos vomits hate, bigotry and pedophile support in an effort to keep cameras turn on his face.

None of these people believe a word they say. They live for the attention, the cash and drama. Which makes them even worse than actual fuck-wits. They use their status to legitimize the fuck-wits.

If these are the only voices of conservatism you have to tout out I am all for vicious and unwavering censure of every public appearance they attempt to cobble together from their base of Sub-Reddit trolls and self-hating women/homosexuals.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

There is power inherent in freedoms because of the potential harm freedoms may cause when abused. Like the freedom to operate a vehicle or own a weapon but in a responsible way that doesn't cause harm to others.

There is power in the written and spoken word... power to
inform, power to entertain, power to inspire, and when abused, power to do great harm.

Stanley Martin Lieber's words, "With great power comes great responsibility" has become so well known in American mythology as to have taken on a meme status of their own. I have NO doubt that he has come to know EXACTLY what they mean.

Yet I have NO doubt that at least 50% of those who've read or watched his (and his co-writers') stories of bravery, heroism, justice, honor, integrity, good vs evil, right vs wrong, multiculturalism, and inclusion... step out of those theaters without even a fkn CLUE as to what they REALLY were all ABOUT.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
And who decides who is a Nazi? Ben Shapiro? Anne Culter? I don’t like Milo Ywhatever and think he’s an embarrassment to the conservative movement but he certainly isn’t a NAZI.

Who decides what is hateful rhetoric? For example, is saying in the time of the civil rights movement to now the rate of African American children being born out of wedlock increased from 20-70 percent. That’s a fact and may play into the conversation about inner city violence. I’ve had that thrown in my face as being hatefilled.

The number of children being born out of wedlock Period has "skyrocketed". No matter the race of the people having these kids.

That shit about black kids being born out of wedlock leading to more inner city violence is bullshit.

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The number of children being born out of wedlock Period has "skyrocketed". No matter the race of the people having these kids.

That shit about black kids being born out of wedlock leading to more inner city violence is bullshit.

I would disagree and is higher than other races. More so fatherless children in the inner city is higher than any other place in American Society. To just say that isn’t part of the equation is an argument stopper. Don’t take my words and statistics for it, how about another source.

https://medium.com/@MainlineLeRon/t...and-the-importance-of-fatherhood-1d1d5f5070ff

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The late rapper Tupac Shakur said, “I know for a fact that had I had a father, I’d have some discipline. I’d have more confidence. Your mother can’t calm you down the way a man can. You need a man to teach you how to be a man.” Shakur, who was murdered in 1996.

I’m not saying that it is he end all/be all but to deny it being in the equation is cutting off your nose to spit your face.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The late rapper Tupac Shakur said, “I know for a fact that had I had a father, I’d have some discipline. I’d have more confidence. Your mother can’t calm you down the way a man can. You need a man to teach you how to be a man.” Shakur, who was murdered in 1996.

I’m not saying that it is he end all/be all but to deny it being in the equation is cutting off your nose to spit your face.

Well, this thread has veered in an odd direction. A few thoughts from a recent study...

• Millennials are much more likely to flourish financially if they follow the “success sequence”—getting at least a high school degree, working full-time, and marrying before having any children, in that order.
  • While 55 percent of 28- to 34-year-old millennial parents had their first child before marriage, the vast majority of millennials who married before having any children are now steering clear of poverty and appear to be headed toward realizing the American dream. Additionally, 95 percent of millennials who married first are not poor, compared to 72 percent who had children first.
  • Even millennials from low-income families are more likely to flourish if they married before having children: 71 percent who married before having children made it into the middle or higher end of the income distribution by the time they are age 28–34. By comparison, only 41 percent of millennials from lower-income families who had children first made it into the middle or higher end of the distribution when they reached ages 28–34.
http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IFS-MillennialSuccessSequence-Final.pdf

Reactions: creek47

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, this thread has veered in an odd direction. A few thoughts from a recent study...

• Millennials are much more likely to flourish financially if they follow the “success sequence”—getting at least a high school degree, working full-time, and marrying before having any children, in that order.
  • While 55 percent of 28- to 34-year-old millennial parents had their first child before marriage, the vast majority of millennials who married before having any children are now steering clear of poverty and appear to be headed toward realizing the American dream. Additionally, 95 percent of millennials who married first are not poor, compared to 72 percent who had children first.
  • Even millennials from low-income families are more likely to flourish if they married before having children: 71 percent who married before having children made it into the middle or higher end of the income distribution by the time they are age 28–34. By comparison, only 41 percent of millennials from lower-income families who had children first made it into the middle or higher end of the distribution when they reached ages 28–34.
http://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IFS-MillennialSuccessSequence-Final.pdf

I was trying to avoid and was really just showing that we can have a discussion. I choose a specifically controversial statement to illustrate a point. I don’t believe it’s BS but it can be up for debate.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was trying to avoid and was really just showing that we can have a discussion. I choose a specifically controversial statement to illustrate a point. I don’t believe it’s BS but it can be up for debate.

Avoid what? I missed something, sorry.

Debate is what we do here! Fortunately, often with input from people with varying backgrounds and biases. Unfortunately, sometimes with hate and name-calling.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Tupac isn't the authority as to whether or not a mother can do any of the same things a father can.

If you ask me, he was just sexist and didn't know it. Kinda like some people can be racist and don't know it.

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Avoid what? I missed something, sorry.

Debate is what we do here! Fortunately, often with input from people with varying backgrounds and biases. Unfortunately, sometimes with hate and name-calling.

I actually didn’t want to get into this specific debate. I think it is so layered from fatherless families, Clinton era laws, rise of the war on drugs, rise of the social state.

I was just trying to make a point on debate and discussion.

Reactions: Max_Polo

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Tupac isn't the authority as to whether or not a mother can do any of the same things a father can.

If you ask me, he was just sexist and didn't know it. Kinda like some people can be racist and don't know it.
I wouldn’t take a sociology class from Tupac however his observations about being raised without a Father shouldn’t be discounted because of other attributes.

Reactions: Max_Polo