toilet paper roll determines condom size?

hawl: Maybe you all know this but I have only seen it at a few sites like-www.bootysmack.com/domaincgi/talkback/994155546,11830,.shtml www.maximonline.com/world_o_sex/ask/archive_Your.html and www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_09.23.99/columns/lovebites.html (supposedly it was in FHM magazine around July 2001, and Condomania endorses the test). A toilet paper roll (not a paper towel roll, which is larger) is both shorter and wider than the average penis. Therefore, if (like me-a humble but authentic 8x6, at least if I'm reading a post by Emily Wee) you cannot easily slide the roll down to the base of your penis so that it is sticking out of the other end, then you really do require large (or extra-large) condoms. All others, do whatever it takes to compensate, but condoms are supposed to prevent pregnancy and HIV, both of which used to be considered matters of life and death. I have read elsewhere that if your girth exceeds 5.25 inches you probably need large-sized condoms. Why isn't this information more widely distributed? Trojan Magnum XL has that over-the-top (though not aesthetically displeasing) ad claiming it is for 6% of the male population, 7.3 million Americans etc., but doesn't say where their data comes from. I think it comes from that widely publicized Lifestyles spring break research in Mexico-http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/WolfFiles/wolffiles155.html that besides showing 75% of males fall below Kinsey's "average" length (6.4 inches I think) showed there was a substantial need for a "snugger" condom, and found only about 8% were at 5.5 inch girth or above. Please correct any of this if I'm remembering incorrectly.

smalldood2000: Great. How weird. I'm on the small, yet big side (5x6), so what would I do, lol.

someotheroddguy: This makes me feel a lot better about myself. I always thought that I was small
(6 X 5.75) but this new test has helped me gain some more self-confidence. I tried it out and the toilet paper roll only got past the head before it could go no further. I always thought that condoms fitted me a bit too tightly, now I know I need to buy large condoms. Thanks for the info!

H8Monga: Daggone it... you're gonna make me try it again! Well it has been three years... ::)

emilywee: rrrr! what are you talking about! i've seen a few penises in my time, but anything over 8 inches is pretty rare.

ceg1526: rrrrr:

Where did you see the XL ad? I've been using XLs since they came out, and they're a lot more comfortable than the regular Trojans or the Larges. I'm 7" around.

Take care

Ceg

7x6andchg: r^6:

You are correct on all counts. Those percentages are correct as to the number of men who are in those parts of the "bell curve" of penis size. The average TP roll has an interior circumference of 5.25", or so I'm told by the same article r^6 mentions (since I don't make a point of measuring the toiletries in my house), so it provides a convenient albeit unusual measuring stick for this sort of thing. And 8" is humble? ! ? Not really, sir... ;D

If you are short but wide (and there ain't nothin' wrong with that) - remember that a condom needn't be rolled down all the way to be useful, smalldood...if "the rubber fits, wear it"

7x6&C

SpeedoGuy: I always had trouble with standard size condoms. I can't stand the constricted feeling they impart. Now I use XLs.

I tried it and only the head would go in the tp roll while flaccid.

SG

Dag: [quote author=geo8x6 link=board=meetgreet;num=1057451847;start=0#6 date=07/07/03 at 14:49:05]I use magnum XL. They feel the best & don't constrict me too much.  8)[/quote]

i agree Magnum XL work best for guys like us. 8 x 6 inchers and some. ::) - dag

TaMarquis: I agree. I've recently started using Magnum XLs, and they feel MUCH better than the standard Magnums. Like someone mentioned above, condoms have always fit me very tight, so I'm glad that I wasn't the only one feeling like this...

bigckhead: i've tried the toilet paper card roll test. Even when soft my cock can't fit in it... I'm beer can thick when hard with a huge mushroom head, more the size of a small red apple than a mushroom.

I have some troubles to find condoms that really fit me without being extremly tight. When i put a condom on it, my cockhead is so squeezed that i'm losing my erection. Does any other guys have the same problem ?

009_and_a_half: It didn't fit soft long before I got my full size!

The first time I tried on a condom -- a regular size -- I practically injured myself trying to get the thing on -- VERY "constricting."

I've always been long, but most find my thickness even more surprising!

hawl: [quote author=ceg1526 link=board=meetgreet;num=1057451847;start=0#5 date=07/06/03 at 10:29:33]rrrrr:

Where did you see the XL ad? I've been using XLs since they came out, and they're a lot more comfortable than the regular Trojans or the Larges. I'm 7" around.

Take care

Ceg[/quote]Here's www.etr.org/recapp/practice/youthskills200106.htm where I stumbled on it, but I've seen it elsewhere at some general condom sales site. Just scroll down the page until you see Trojans mentioned and click on that link. This-www.trojancondoms.com/trojanwear/ takes you to a site where you can buy Magnum and Magnum XL t-shirts and baseball caps. Like with the LPSG gear I think I would be more likely to be found buying this for a significant female other to wear in the privacy of our abode as a nightshirt and riding cap.

mm5166: Unfortunately, in all the parmacies I went, it's the same trademark, and their biggest size doesn't fit me :/ Bugs me a lot since it prevent me from doing certain things in sex.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=mm5166 link=board=meetgreet;num=1057451847;start=0#14 date=07/15/03 at 21:50:34]their biggest size doesn't fit me :/[/quote]

I don't understand that. I'm an inch longer and an inch bigger around than you, but Magnum XL fits me fine. Hell, I can squeeze it into a regular Magnum without too much discomfort and still function admirably.

throb919: Y'all are going to have to help me understand this one. While I can manage to "squeeze into the Charmin" (girthwise), I remember a demonstration in an AIDS education workshop where the facilitator called me up on stage to be sort-of her Vanna White while she disproved the "myth" that some guys can't find condoms big enough. (Yeah, it was sort-of funny to be Exhibit A for that!) So--she had me remove my shoe and sock and roll my pants up. She proceeded to (rather easily) unroll a condom onto my foot, over my foot, heel, my ankle, and well up my calf. (The whole thing had sort-of an odd reverse-Cinderella feel to it...)

Point is, of course: The condom was plenty big. Is it a comfort thing then...? Availability? (Got to be more to it than braggadocio.)

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Look at it this way. Do you remember when I mentioned those God awful briefs I had to wear when I went home, 'cause that was the only pair of underwear available? Sure, I could (forcefully) fit my dick and balls into them, but by no means was it a comfortable situation. To be quite honest, I prayed I wouldn't get an erection because that would be all the more resistance to fight when I had them on.

Or, shoes that are a size or two too small. Yeah, you can force your foot in there, but it's hardly a proper fit for walking, running, or what have you.

So, yes, it's exactly an issue of comfort. I should've known I had more tackle than I thought when I tried on a regular-sized condom prior to intercourse. It wasn't so bad lengthwise, but it nearly strangled my erection's girth; I remember it being so tight that I could hardly enjoy the sensation much less the preparation upon getting it in during intercourse. Naturally, my dick didn't like it so much either... I'm pretty sure my erection started to subside from all the pressure.

I doubt your moderator said anything, but she should have asserted not only the importance of using protection 100% of the time, but also finding contraception that best fits the needs of you and your partner. That's the "braggadocio" part; you know that guys might egotistically jack up the size of their parts, asserting that they can only wear "large" condoms. But hey, if Mr. Dumbass picks up a Magnum and it fits like a wet noodle, that's hardly safe or sensible for the bedroom either right. So she might have / should have added, "If you're _____ inches long, you're fine with regular sized condoms. If you're ______ inches long and have _____ inches in girth, try a Trojan Magnum or a Lifestyles Large."

I know the condom sites often put dimensions that are associated with each of the sizes.

rtyuii: shape of girth, not just girth affects condom fit
i am 6 3/8 girth, but 2.1 inches wide, more like an oval than a circle
even mag xl is tight
toilet roll must be flattened somewhat to place on my thing but it still wont fit

mm5166: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1057451847;start=0#15 date=07/16/03 at 06:28:53]

I don't understand that. I'm an inch longer and an inch bigger around than you, but Magnum XL fits me fine. Hell, I can squeeze it into a regular Magnum without too much discomfort and still function admirably.  
[/quote]

Oh sorry. I didn't phrase properly. The pharmacies all have the same trademark wich isn't magnum. They are about 1.5 inches large (the largest ones). They CAN get to 2 inches, but it's so tight it turns me down right away.