Toilet seat

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by DC_DEEP, Jul 20, 2006.

1. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I debated about whether to put this in "Womens' Issues," "Relationships, Discrimination Etc.", or "Etc Etc" but decided that, since I am in a humorous frame of mind, this is where it ends up.

Alright, those of you who have lived in a mixed-gender household, for whatevver reason and whatever the setup, let's talk about the "toilet seat up, toilet seat down" issue.

I've spent many years of my life with females: family or friends. The subject of the toilet seat always comes up. I find it humorous, most women find it to be a subject of great importance and solemnity. As far as I'm concerned, you can take one of several points of reference on this, only one woman every has agreed with me on any of them.

Idea 1: Leave it how you finished with it. If you go more often, you won't have to do too much. If you go less often, the other person has to deal with it more than you do. Either way, neither person is burdened with more responsibility than the other.

Idea 2: The guy always leaves the seat down, the lady always leaves it up. That way, the other person never has reason to bitch at you.

Idea 3: Leave it down all the time: The women like this one, until I explain to them that I really do mean ALL THE TIME. If a few splatters get on the seat, that's a small price to pay for getting your way, right?

Idea 4: What I actually practice at home: When you finish, the seat AND the lid come down. Period. No open toilet. That's very egalitarian.

I was having this discussion with my sister once, and my logic backed her into a corner. I questioned, and her "pat" response was "if I have to go in the middle of the night, I don't want to sit down, only to fall in." I countered "if you don't have to check to see if the seat is up, why should I have to do the same? Should I just piss whether the seat is up or down? "She finally admitted "I really don't want to have to touch the seat to lift it or lower it. That's for the guys to do." Oh hell yeah, so much for equal rights!

2. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    It only takes a second to put it up or down. Anyone complaining about that "issue" is just looking for an excuse to complain. BUT....I'm a true believer in leaving things how you found them. If you found it up, leave it up. Find it down, leave it down.

3. gwr1349

gwr1349 New Member

I have a house full of females, wife and two daughters. So Its always down. Lid also.

4. Matthew

Gold Member

I always liked idea 4, it just kind of circumvents the whole debate.

5. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

Ditto, that's how I was taught anyways. Toiletry 101, what a great class.

Draft saved Draft deleted