Told off at gym

BarefootGuy

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You should continue wearing the Speedos. That is appropriate swim attire and you are covered.

I imagine that you are proud of the way you look in the Speedos...nothing wrong with that! Be yourself and enjoy your time in the pool. Now what is the address of this pool???? I may need to drop in for a few laps. <G>

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry, pal.. but I am an American and I find nothing whatsoever wrong with public nudity on a beach...

That has nothing to do with it.
IT IS A PRIVATE CLUB... Now, Personally- I love to see a massive cock nicely outlined....But I understand the rights of the owners of ANY private club to set whatever standards they deem appropriate.

Period.

No other criteria matters... It's not HIS right to do as he pleases on someone else's premises.

He can saunter around in a speedo in his own yard all he pleases... but wear one on a city bus and you will get thrown off.

And fuck off over your european superiority..
I have seen Americans tossed out of cathedrals in Paris and Milan for wearing a T-SHIRT and shorts... and I applauded.

Sorry... but in a PUBLIC venue, the tastes of the PUBLIC define what is or is not acceptable. You don't wear an undershirt in a fucking CHURCH.

Walk on a golf course without a collared shirt and see how you get treated... even at St Andrew's.

Truth- men wearing speedos are showing off.

I don't care what the fuck you are showing off, it is the SHOWING OFF ITSELF that is objectionable. You are there to exercise and to swim... not to display the contours of your cock to one and all.

The OP's sin was not indecent exposure.
It was PRIDE and EGOTISM
A blatant and self absorbed disregard for the sensibilities of others.

I didn't say that all Americans were the same, but it is more typical here.
And why are you telling me to fuck off for my European superiority? I didn't say a thing about Europeans being superior in any way. The way of thinking is different not superior. I agree, that out of respect, people should not wear certain items of clothing in certain settings, but a speedo...in a pool (not a bus...wtf??)...something that it was made for....whats wrong with that? Should people not watch the Summer Olympics because divers and swimmers wear speedos? I don't see how that is inappropriate? This guy has even said that the speedo he was wearing was very modest. The attendant approached him, because he thought this guy had erection, not because he was wearing a speedo per se. If the club has a strict policy against wearing speedos, fine, but if not, why should there be discrimination against this (lucky) guy because he is well endowed? Would the same club approach a woman with (seemingly) erect nipples and tell her the she should leave because "its obvious whats going on..." or would that be assumptive?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Tray, I apologize if I misunderstood your intent.

But you have to understand that human beings are not as stupid as people think when it comes to social behavior. People get upset about it precisely because they understand exactly what is going on...

You discount the plain fact that if you have a particularly large dick, you KNOW you do.
You dismiss the plain fact that choosing to wear a speedo, when you have such a big dick, is not "innocent", not an accident.
You are showing off.
And you are showing off what? Your genitalia.

That is the plain truth.

And it is disingenuous to pretend otherwise. Everyone touting the Pro Speedo view are guys who LIKE scoping out other guy's dicks and guys who like to show off their own dicks (check galleries )
But I don't want my 12 year daughter, who wants to work out a public gym, to be exposed to mr dickproud's need to let other people see his shit.

I am sure there are gay community gyms where he can parade around to his hearts content and no one will ever complain.

But don't even pretend his actions are innocent. HE CHOSE the swimwear... he HAS a mirror and he knows exactly what he is doing.

This is a society! We have to get along with one another and that demands SOME level of compromise.
I don't think it is an egregious compromise to ask an overt exhibitionist to tone down the cockprint in the pool.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nothing wrong with being American, but it is a very typical way of thinking for you guys. Yes, I live in the US now and am happy being here, but originally was born outside of the US and I am culturally European.

And that smells very much like typical condescension from the euro-elite crowd.

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
...you have to understand that human beings are not as stupid as people think when it comes to social behavior. People get upset about it precisely because they understand exactly what is going on...
[...]
This is a society! We have to get along with one another and that demands SOME level of compromise.
I don't think it is an egregious compromise to ask an overt exhibitionist to tone down the cockprint in the pool.

Sorry, bro, but I kindly disagree with your statements. I have always believed that context should be what matters in these situations. In other words, a man who is swimming in a pool has every right to wear whatever kind of swimming trunks he chooses, regardless of whether or not people around him find fault with his large endowment. If the club is private, as you mentioned, the easiest thing to do would be to specifically ban speedo usage. The problem with this solution, however, is that, in reality, we don't care about women spilling over their tops or showing cleavage at the pool. You know as well as I do that this is an everyday occurrence at pools, swimming holes, lakes and beaches across our country. I certainly don't mind it (HAHA). But, there is an incredible double standard when it comes to a man's endowment. A man with a large penis (and I know this from personal experience) has a hard enough time already looking for clothing that is not going to over emphasize a bulge. While some guys want to do this because they want to show off, others, in all fairness, do not intentionally do this, and, in fact, cannot help it. Now, can a guy choose not to wear a speedo? Sure! But just because a guy has a big dick shouldn't keep him from wearing one. How would the club do something about this? Have bouncers outside the pool entrance doing bulge checks? Of course not - because it's silly! Yes, discretion is always a good choice. But you can't tell someone they can't wear something simply because YOU have a problem with something they can't help. I would like all fat people to not wear spandex - but, in reality, it's their choice to do it, and I just have to get over it.

And one more thing, just because I happen to show bulge in my jeans and in my shorts at the gym does NOT make me an exhibitionist. It just makes me hung. There are plenty of times when you just can't help it. When it comes to swim trunks, I wear board shorts. Guess what? I show dick in those, too. So I guess that means I should never be allowed to go swimming because someone might not like that they can see that I have a penis. That person is the one with the problem, not I.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
such drama.

I'm not even sure I believe the OP. Anyone who claims over 7" better have a pic with a ruler to back it up.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Our world has created an environment where any suggestion that a man has a dick is somehow offensive. I was freeballing while walking on my beach one day and a women told me I should wear something more appropriate (I was wearing basketball shorts) and that she didn't appreciate having to see me flopping around (I'm not big). I told her I didn't appreciate having to see her tits and that she should duct tape those things down, and kept on walking... Men have dicks. Let them all get over it!
Garg MAn

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
Once more: comparing a man's bulge to a woman's cleavage is a type of apples to oranges cop out. Replace cleavage with camel-toe and reread the argument.

Apples to oranges...eh, maybe. I think it's easier for us to think that way because we have over-sexualized women's breasts to the point where we WANT them hanging out every chance they get.

As far as camel toe, it may not necessarily be flattering, but who am I to tell someone they can't wear X, Y or Z because they have camel toe? Not my problem.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Once more: comparing a man's bulge to a woman's cleavage is a type of apples to oranges cop out. Replace cleavage with camel-toe and reread the argument.

And once more, you are wrong.

Man's bulge: Penis is a sexual object.
Penis is contained, not exposed and in full view.
Penis can be seen at times, even under clothing.
People stare at the penis, covered or uncovered.
Penis is outside the body.

Woman's cleavage: Boobs are a sexual object.
Boobs are contained in public, not in FULL view.
Boobs can be seen, even under clothing.
People stare at boobs, covered or uncovered.
Boobs are outside of the body.

Hence, if a woman is allowed to 'show her stuff', so should a man.
And a man isn't even allowed to show a naked penis even partially!

So everyone has to get over seeing a man's bulge or penis outline.
If women can 'put it out there', so can men. Get over it, people.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hence, if a woman is allowed to 'show her stuff', so should a man.
And a man isn't even allowed to show a naked penis even partially!
And thus the obvious difference. It's not a double standard that women can show cleavage and men can't show a bulge in any situation ever omgthoughtpolice1984outofcontrol...

Sexualized or not, a woman's breasts are not her genitals. And they, like men, are not permitted to show them in public.

I, personally, don't give a shit what he wears and wasn't the one who brought up the comparison in the first place, so I can't once more be wrong. The comparison is just flawed, and therefore the argument.

As has been pointed out (by others, oh no) he is an exhibitionist, and he is showing off. No, I don't think it's a big deal and I have no idea if there are children running around his gym or not. If there are children then a little modesty wouldn't hurt and would, I'm sure, be appreciated by the parents. But this is a gym, not a water park.

Saying that speedos are swim gear and so he should be allowed to wear them doesn't actually do anything to say that trunks would be inappropriate. If he's there for exercise then trunks would increase the water resistance and give him a better workout.

Again, I don't care what the fuck he does, I just dislike shitty arguments.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also it's not a deformity, it's a dick.
Very beautifully put. Never forget that. And don't cave to those who'd have You cover up to assuage their own insecurities. Nothing galls me more that societal actions and attitudes that contribute to making endowed men feel the need to conceal what they have.
Sorry... but in a PUBLIC venue, the tastes of the PUBLIC define what is or is not acceptable.
Truth- men wearing speedos are showing off.The OP's sin was not indecent exposure.
It was PRIDE and EGOTISM
A blatant and self absorbed disregard for the sensibilities of others.
Sorry Phil - but I respectfully have to say I think You're wayyyy off base. For starters, if we're talking appropriate attire... If Speedos aren't appropriate at a pool, then where are they appropriate? ...And what should he have done to placate the prudish?...dive into the pool in a mink and heels?
I wear Speedos to swim quite often. Not because I'm particularly big and want to show off, but just because they're more comfortable & functonal. Baggies tend to get air in them and blow up like balloons. Also, when You do Your kick-off, they tend to feel like they're coming off You, whereas Speedos are tightly in place and never feel like they're going anywhere. I have no doubt that some men wear Speedos to show off, but I certainly never have - and, from what I'm reading, it doesn't sound LondonExhib is either.
I think the Speedos were entirely appropriate for where he was and what he was doing. I agree with Nick8 - this is truly a "get over it" situation.

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
Who cares if there were kids around? He was at a frickin' pool! Why are people so crazy about this stuff when it comes to their kids? I understand that you want to keep your kids safe and out of harm, but how the hell is a packed swimsuit - male or female - going to harm them? The fact that we're even talking about this is creepy to me...we over-sexualize the human body waaaaaay too much.

My sister and her husband are a perfect example of this overprotective parenting that is rampant in our society today. People shield their children from the realities of the outside world to a point where kids are becoming social morons, devoid of any personality or ability to relate and interact with other people. It drives me nuts! Sure, I do believe that there are situations and subjects that children should not be exposed to until they are of a certain age and are able to understand them. But to pretend in public places like pools or locker rooms that children are not going to see genitalia and bulges (both male and female) is just silly. And when they do, what's the big deal? I remember seeing naked people in the locker rooms and changing rooms at public pools and gyms from an early age...and my father made sure to teach me that I shouldn't be ashamed of being naked or seeing other men naked around me in a locker room - that it was natural. One of the coolest things he ever told me was "If you see something I have or some other man has that you don't have, you can throw rocks at it." And when we were at the pool, my parents weren't running around trying to shield my eyes from boobs or speedos. I was too busy being a kid and having fun!

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Large families should be encouraged worldwide, so more people may experience life, yet another reason to welcome breastfeeding in public.

I'm assuming this is a joke, right?

I figure the nicest thing I can do for my children is to not have them in the first place. :smile: