Tom Colicchio -- WOOF -- Super Chef

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First off- you have obviously never worked in a kitchen...Tom is a pussycat compared to some chefs I have worked for...(think high-stress, high-heat, high-drama + cussing and sharp knives)... So no to his 'mean streak'.

As to the non-twinks, I totally agree.

As to Tom C.? I too, don't get the fascination- I think last season one of the gay 'contestants' said he was a 'bear icon'....?? I like beefy men as well but a) he is not gay (from what I have read) and b) bear?? don't see any lurking 'furr' on him...

(speaking of, a few seasons back there was a HOT furry (straight) guy...if you go on line there are some delete scenes of him shirtless (changing coats?) Dammmmnnnn....

oh, and Padma? serious. fantasy. material.

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Catman...yeah...I've worked in a few restaurants...Colicchio is a pussycat compared to some chef's.

I think the "bear" thing with him is more regarding his body more than his "furriness". 2 years ago, the host of the reunion specials, told Tom that he was becoming a "gay favorite" on the blogs, etc. Richard from this past season added the "bear icon"...I personally just think he's got a certain something.

Andrew was adorable a few years ago. He was furry and funny. And I would roll in the sheets with Padma...she is STUNNING!

aquariangt

Just Browsing
Media
apotts, while I agree with you that pretty boy twinks are not very attractive, I have to disagree with you on Colicchio, if anything because of his crappy attitude. I love that show but think he is one of the worst parts of it - so negative and down on everyone. I agree that you need to be tough on these chefs, but he's just nasty sometimes, and he always LOVES the snarky chefs (like Marcel and Hung). I still think the wrong person won last season (Ilan) because of Tom Colicchio. Sam should, rightfully, have been Top Chef, but Tom had to cop his major 'big guy' attitude and rule him out.

Aside from that, though, I just don't find him attractive, personally. Ew. Gross. You're not the only person - a lot of people find him pretty hot and I fail to see why. To each his own though.

Take a week in a few kitchens and you'll have a newfound thinking on Tom. I've had pans thrown at me, and chefs that speak down to you like no one's business. Tom is pretty kind :)

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was just watching an episode of Andy Cohen's show "What What Happens Live" on Bravo. It was from earlier this week and Colicchio was on with Amy Sedaris. He was wearing jeans...did anyone else watch? Did anyone else notice that that man was packing in those jeans! Damn nice bulge on that hot man!!!!!

Have no clue how to do screen captures...if someone can teach me, I'll try to get some.

DickVaine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't notice, 'cause I couldn't keep my eyes off his SCARF. What was up with THAT?! Hickey? Fashionithta...?? An ascot would've been bad enough, but that scarf was one step below feather boa. He doesn't do much for me. Looks like a potato. Still a big schlong's a big schlong...

mj21045

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, the scarf was a bit much. And so were the "googly eyes" they made him wear at the end.

I actually got to shake his had at a crew regatta up in Boston. His eldest son rows for a private school and my nephew rows for a competing public school in CT. He was walking past me in a cap, leather jacket and nice tight jeans and I just blurted out "Hey Chef!". (what a dork, I know!) and he turned and said "Nice to meet you" and shook my hand and smiled and kept walking. I thought that was pretty nice of him though he was probably thinking "what a weirdo!"!

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was just watching an episode of Andy Cohen's show "What What Happens Live" on Bravo. It was from earlier this week and Colicchio was on with Amy Sedaris. He was wearing jeans...did anyone else watch? Did anyone else notice that that man was packing in those jeans! Damn nice bulge on that hot man!!!!!

Have no clue how to do screen captures...if someone can teach me, I'll try to get some.

Tom is one hot bear.

ChileCat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Here are some open source (free) screen capture utilities
Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity
CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software
http://www.picpick.org/

Here is an article on the subject.
Screen Capture Tools: 40+ Free Tools and Techniques

There is a ton of good free software for doing this. Just do a search a pick the one you think will work best for you.

Sourceforge.net is a good place to start for open source (free).
SourceForge - Download, Develop and Publish Free Open Source Software

Last edited: