Tom Cruise gets wet

db03

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Wasn't the prank played on Tom Cruise this week just totally hillarious???

He was squirted with water by a fake microfone in Leceister Square at his premier.

But he acted like such a drama queen after it..

Jeez Tommy, lighten up!

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by db03@Jun 21 2005, 05:49 PM
Wasn't the prank played on Tom Cruise this week just totally hillarious???

He was squirted with water by a fake microfone in Leceister Square at his premier.

But he acted like such a drama queen after it..

Jeez Tommy, lighten up!
[post=322734]Quoted post[/post]​

personally i think that kinda thing is just completely daft. the idea of spraying the biggest movie star on the planet for a TV show really shows where this world is heading, why can't they spend more time making TV shows about something other than 10 people in a house for 2 months. i miss quality television :(

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My view is that Cruise was probably really worked up about it because he was frightened by the squirting liquid. Given how celebrities are stalked by psychopaths, I think Cruise may have initially feared it was poison or acid or something awful being sprayed on him amd his emotions remained fully amped up for some time afterward. If a stranger squirted something in my eyes I'd be scared too.

SG

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think his reaction had more to do with his faith in Scientology. I understand that, as with psychiatry and openness, squirting from fake mics is frowned upon by the ol' Church of S.

;)

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy@Jun 21 2005, 06:52 PM
My view is that Cruise was probably really worked up about it because he was frightened by the squirting liquid. Given how celebrities are stalked by psychopaths, I think Cruise may have initially feared it was poison or acid or something awful being sprayed on him amd his emotions remained fully amped up for some time afterward. If a stranger squirted something in my eyes I'd be scared too.

SG
[post=322836]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think acid could make him any uglier.

*buying Tommy a Phantom mask*

Max

Sexy Member
Media
My sympathies are with him.

I think he has made two mistakes all too easily made by a foreigner. One is going anywhere near Leicester Square. The other is too readily believing that the English have ever totally embraced civilisation.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by steve319@Jun 22 2005, 03:09 AM
I think his reaction had more to do with his faith in Scientology.
[post=322934]Quoted post[/post]​
no kidding. did you hear about his fiancee "converting" too? oh, but it's trendy to be a scieontologist in hollywood these days.

notice how when mel gibson made his batshit crazy christian movie last year, he got slammed in every hole - but when tom cruise drools his batshit crazy scientology crap over everyone who interviews him, nobody gives a damn.

what the fuck is up with THAT shit.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Jun 23 2005, 06:42 AM
notice how when mel gibson made his batshit crazy christian movie last year, he got slammed in every hole - but when tom cruise drools his batshit crazy scientology crap over everyone who interviews him, nobody gives a damn.

[post=323427]Quoted post[/post]​

Because most people believe that Scientology is hogwash, they don't take it seriously.

Mel Gibson's religion is taken very seriously, and he made a very popular movie all about it. There's a big difference.

hung_big: Back to Tom Cruise...

I saw him on Oprah today (I dunno how I ended up watching that show) and he seems like one of the nicest actors out there.

He has this aura about him, where you can just sense it. Seems like an overall good guy. I think he's sexy too (*waits for comments from the cheap seats - aka Romey ;) *)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
::answers door:: Um, there are some very large men outside. They say they're from the Church of Scientology and want to see Dr Rock and Mark.

Yeah, it's easy to make fun of $cientologists and their inability to take any criticism whatsoever.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by MisterMark+Jun 23 2005, 03:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MisterMark &#064; Jun 23 2005, 03:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dr Rock@Jun 23 2005, 06:42 AM

[post=323427]Quoted post[/post]​

Because most people believe that Scientology is hogwash, they don&#39;t take it seriously.

Mel Gibson&#39;s religion is taken very seriously, and he made a very popular movie all about it. There&#39;s a big difference.
[post=323436]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
my point is that the difference exists cos people are fucking retarded.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 23 2005, 07:58 PM
::answers door:: Um, there are some very large men outside. They say they&#39;re from the Church of Scientology and want to see Dr Rock and Mark.
Uh-oh. Looks like they brought their e-meter too.

I think we&#39;re in for some trouble now....

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
If anyone here doesn&#39;t get it, it was a reference to how they tried to censor alt.religion.scientology in 1994.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it is a shame to waste the planets natural resources.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tom Cruise has perpetually proved himself a class-A idiot in the last 1.5-2yrs. He dates a girl 17 yrs his junior, jumps up and down on Oprah's couch, knocks up the girl, and tries to get her to have the baby scientology delivered, IE, no screaming, no sedatives, etc.

Then he has the nerve to react like a putz when he gets a little practical joke literally in his face. The joke of Hollywood can't take joke, what a laugh! And then he buys out the studio that canned him for acting so retarded.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I somehow don't think this is the first time he's been "squirted" in the face.

I am sure you are right and he is very highly strung about trying to keep his proclivities under wraps (which is, incidentally, what the scientology 'religion' is all about, as anyone who has ever read more than ten pages of 'dianetics' can confidently assert (and which is also why this 'religion' is so popular with the GayOldParty in DC))

but really is this what humour has been reduced to? when did unexpectedly squirting people in the face become something surprisingly (un)funny rather than something surprisingly enjoyable :) ?