Tom Cruise...Is He Really?

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think he's just a bit excentric in a very unique way, and the media can't seem to put a finger on it so they blame it on being closeted. I don't think he's gay, but anyone can be bi or bicurious these days, plus there's that wishful thinking. I think he's a good actor whatever his sexuality is.

MansRoad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i think he is but i always have, and it isnt wishful thinking either in my case, i wouldnt care if he was or wasnt, its just something about how he acts leads me to believe he is

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
A friend of mine is from Hollywood. Her father works in the industry. My friend's father met Tom Cruise several times in the 80s. He said Tom Cruise was very gay and very closeted. Tom Cruise allegedly would go to gay bars and try to hide there (i.e., attempt to pick up men while hiding his identity as "Tom Cruise"). My friend said that Tom Cruise marries women he can control but rarely has sex with them (which may explain the adoptions). She said this is why he got involved in Scientology, in hopes that it will help him overcome his homosexuality.

joe1

Expert Member
Media
Sorry, but I have to disagree about him being a good actor. Obviously, many people think that he is, but I think that he is the same character in every movie he is in. In fact he seems to have that in common with several popular actors. It is no longer necessary to have great ability as long as you can deliver monotone, balse', lines while facing certain death. (i.e, Tommy Lee Jone, Bruce Willis, etc...) Cruise is cocky, arrogant, and self absorbed. (Much like he is in real life, if the articles and interviews are to be believed.) Granted, he certainly knows how to parlay that into millions of dollars, but as for true acting ability, I think he suffers in comparison to many of the true hollywood greats.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think Scientology has ruined his acting. He's been so brainwashed and mind-controlled that he is unable to express any kind of emotion, he's just a robot in human skin. Whenever I see footage of him in an interview or on the red carpet, his face is always the same plastic smile on the same blank expression and those cold, empty eyes really creep me out.

In regards to rumours of his sexuality, I think it's just low-grade Hollywood hacks (such as Perez Hilton) who have nothing better to do than talk about people more famous than they are. They don't have any actual talent of their own, so the only way they can grab attention and the spotlight is by bitching about everyone else. Whether it's true or not, I am bored with media (and public) obsession with celebrity and I really don't care for celebrity tittle-tattle.

I hope that doesn't read like I'm attacking the OP or anyone else posting in this thread or the Celebrity forums because that wasn't my attention. I'm referring to gossip websites like TMZ etc. and the dumbed-down mainstream media who think Paris Hilton going to a party is 6 o'clock news material.

Case in point (oh-oh, I'm starting to drift - never a good sign): here in Ozland, we have a national election coming up. A couple of weeks ago there was a televised debate. Despite all the important policy-talk and issue discussion, the main topic the media reported next day was the size of a candidates ear-lobes! One print media "journalist" (I use the term very loosely) wrote an ENTIRE ARTICLE about it. When he was asked why he did it, he said his editor asked him to write about it because "it was a hot topic on twitter" WTF?!?!?! It seems the Australian media is now relying on twitter to decide what's news-worthy - God help us!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3790721

joe1

Expert Member
Media
You know-I don't mean to rant, but I SO totally agree with willow78. I am so weary of hearing about anything Paris Hilton does or anything that Perez Hilton says. How in the world did they EVER get to where they are? I would guess they sucked their way to fame and fortune. And he is right, Perez is so totally without substance, I can't understand how is stands up. It is maddening to hear about all the hollywood break ups, make ups, gossip and lies while the grown up world deals with reality. Hey Perez-time to grow up and join us! UGH!!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find him a self absorbed bore and I don't see his films or read anything about him really. He is handsome physically but that has no appeal given what he is involved with and what comes out of his mouth.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The man we see in the media today is a sad distortion of the potential he had 20 years ago; he's obviously got some real mental and behavioral issues.

Whatever attractiveness he had once is long since gone. At least John Travolta turned into a decent actor: Cruise is just a one-note mess.

Reactions: integritymatters

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The man we see in the media today is a sad distortion of the potential he had 20 years ago; he's obviously got some real mental and behavioral issues.

Whatever attractiveness he had once is long since gone. At least John Travolta turned into a decent actor: Cruise is just a one-note mess.

Hit the fucking nail on the head with this one. Cruise is past the point where some amount of therapy and medication could help. A total fucking train wreck.

Travolta was 10 minutes away from doing dinner theater until Pulp Fiction. Now he is one of the most bankable guys in the industry. But mostly he won me over after doing Primary Colors and was having an interview about how much he personally identified with the President and his eating habits/battles with his weight: "hey I feel for him. Hell I am a big guy too, but that doesnt mean I don't want a pan of brownies......to go with my ham every now and then".

Reactions: integritymatters