Tom Cruise: Shut the fuck up.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't heard any praise of Tommy boy.
He's joined a cult.
That's how people act when they've been brainwashed.
A big part of it is to violently defend the cult. And, predictably, most people either stay away from him or, if they have the unenviable task of having to interview him, they have to steer clear of the elephant in the middle of the living room. As long as he's bringing people into the movie theaters, he can go pretty much unchallenged.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr Rock said:
why is it ... that when mel gibson starts drivelling on about jesus and the pope, he gets roundly slammed by every media reviewer on the planet, yet when tom cruise goes apeshit over his love for l. ron hubbard and scientology, he's praised for his "conviction"?

Ineresting point you have there, Al. Yes, Major Tom ( He is clearly circling the upper stratosphere) seems to be an untoucheable but I mean that in good way He is the top listed actor and seems not to be able to to do any wrong. But Mel is castigated....

NAughty

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
why is it ... that when mel gibson starts drivelling on about jesus and the pope, he gets roundly slammed by every media reviewer on the planet, yet when tom cruise goes apeshit over his love for l. ron hubbard and scientology, he's praised for his "conviction"?
Yup. At least Judeo-Christian religions don't involve intergalactic space rulers and speak of events that happened hundreds of TRILLIONS of years ago on other planets.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
I used to think that Tom Cruise was sexy,but now I just think that he is annoying and weird,I don't see why Katie Holmes is putting up with him:confused:

Well Honey_Grrrl, I would bet it is all the money and publicity he is giving her. When they break up after this "Child" is born, she is going to be very in demand.

I think Tommy is due for a little Psychiatric evaluation.... but what do I know? I am not a scientologist.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Well, Tom is still sexy and handsome.

he's just also not certifiably CRAZY.

Not unlike a LOT of people, sadly.

I thought so too for a long time Lex. I was just about in LOVE back when I first saw "Risky Business". But there's a look in his eye now (when interviewed by Matt Lauer) and when I saw a clip of his manic episode on Oprah at which time he lost all semblance of physical appeal for me.

Most recently Mr. and Mrs. Travolta have joined (cautiously) the Cruise/Scientology bandwagon and are questioning all apsects of the psychiatric community and psychiatrically prescribed drugs. I think the focus is on children with A.D.D. for the moment... but it smacks of this whole cult thing.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fuck that, the whole bit! Old tommy boy has been going off the deep end in the past 12 months, what with his relationship to Katie Holmes, their impending love child, him making an absolute ass of himself on OPRAH's couch, and then insisting that Katie give birth via scientology, I.E., no screaming, no sedative, no direct communication with the child for at least 24 hrs, and no visitors at all.

He was a putz b4 he began dating her, and he's gonna keep on being a putz afterwards.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK said:
Fuck that, the whole bit! Old tommy boy has been going off the deep end in the past 12 months, what with his relationship to Katie Holmes, their impending love child, him making an absolute ass of himself on OPRAH's couch, and then insisting that Katie give birth via scientology, I.E., no screaming, no sedative, no direct communication with the child for at least 24 hrs, and no visitors at all.

He was a putz b4 he began dating her, and he's gonna keep on being a putz afterwards.

WELL said Chuck. I can't say enough bad things about this man.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
:biggrin1: Mmmmm.........yes,very valid point,heee heee,yeah,his "child" alright lol

When He and Mimi Rodgers divorced, she stated that hey never
consumated their marriage.
And He and Nicole Kidman adopted children.

Does anyone even think thats he's straight ? Never mind fathering a child
Thats almost as good as Michael Jackson saying that He fathered children.....

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jeff black said:
Well Honey_Grrrl, I would bet it is all the money and publicity he is giving her. When they break up after this "Child" is born, she is going to be very in demand.

Yeah, I think the contract they made was not about marriage...it went something like this I think. "You marry me and we get tons of publicity. You end up a name people actually know in the press and my guards won't kill your family.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
CUBE said:
jeff black said:

Yeah, I think the contract they made was not about marriage...it went something like this I think. "You marry me and we get tons of publicity. You end up a name people actually know in the press and my guards won't kill your family.

Oh that is True cube. And with so many producers and Directors Converting to Scientology (Mr. Speilberg for example)... I hear they are giving roles to fellow Scientologists first.

It's a great way for Katie to become the next Charlize Theron, or the next Susan Sarandon, or Julia Roberts....

I liked Katie before this. Now I am bored of her.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know what's really got me so damn curious; Katie's a self admitted staunch Catholic for all tents and purposes, and she's allowing herself to be suckered into this scientology birthing bullshit.

And on a personal note, the question of whether or not Tom may be gay is all circumspect on his past relationships, and his devotion to them.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a person who is currently taking medication that helps me stay focused, a medication that has had a huge positive impact on my life, I would like to say to Mr. Cruise and his Scientology friends...

Please go quitely into the night.

Find a secluded place of serene beauty.

Make yourself comfortable.

Relax.

Stretch your arms and legs.

Once you feel that you have become flexible enough, promptly bend over, tuck your head between your legs, and then proceed to shove your fat, bloated cranium up your squirrley ass.

Once said noggin is fully implanted, inhale deeply.

Do not exhale.

Ever.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Mulebear said:
As a person who is currently taking medication that helps me stay focused, a medication that has had a huge positive impact on my life, I would like to say to Mr. Cruise and his Scientology friends...

Please go quitely into the night.

Find a secluded place of serene beauty.

Make yourself comfortable.

Relax.

Stretch your arms and legs.

Once you feel that you have become flexible enough, promptly bend over, tuck your head between your legs, and then proceed to shove your fat, bloated cranium up your squirrley ass.

Once said noggin is fully implanted, inhale deeply.

Do not exhale.

Ever.

My goodness Mulebear, that was quite a comment!!! :biggrin1:

But It does Bring up an interesting topic...
Do people really need meds?

In my personal opinion, and with my years of Psychology behind me, I have noticed that, while some disorders should have Meds as a requirement, today's doctors are over medicating far too much.

Things like ADHD and such can be treated with therapy and other learning/ cognitive techniques. It doesn't always need to be treated with meds.

Having said that, Tom Cruise is a Lunatic. He needs to think about what he says, and realize that things like Post-partum depression should be treated with drugs.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As long ago as 1965, the Parliament of the State of Victoria, Australia, concluded that:

Scientology claims to be 'the world's largest mental health organization'. What it really is however, is the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy. Scientology is evil; its techniques evil; its practice a serious threat to the community, medically, morally and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill.
Source: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/andrhome.html

It may be well known to many that scientology has long been refused the status of a religion in Germany, deemed instead to be a commercial enterprise. Numerous "celebrity scientologists" (with commercial links to both Cruise and Travolta) put their name to a scurrilous open letter that sought to defame German democracy by claiming that "in the 1930s, it was the Jews, today it is the Scientologists".
Sources:
http://www.humanrights-germany.org/letter/index.htm
http://www.scientollywood.org/

In fact, the German Embassy in Washington DC notes that:

In its ads and writings, the Scientology organization claims it is internationally recognized as a religion, except in Germany. This is false.Among the countries that do not consider Scientology a religion are Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, and Spain, as well as Israel and Mexico.
Source:
http://www.germany.info/relaunch/info/archives/background/scientology.html

Just my 2-cents-worth for the day. :rolleyes:

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jeff black said:
My goodness Mulebear, that was quite a comment!!! :biggrin1:

But It does Bring up an interesting topic...
Do people really need meds?

In my personal opinion, and with my years of Psychology behind me, I have noticed that, while some disorders should have Meds as a requirement, today's doctors are over medicating far too much.

Things like ADHD and such can be treated with therapy and other learning/ cognitive techniques. It doesn't always need to be treated with meds.

Having said that, Tom Cruise is a Lunatic. He needs to think about what he says, and realize that things like Post-partum depression should be treated with drugs.
You are correct that some medications are over prescribed, but this does not mean that the same drugs shouldn't be prescribed at all.

As for ADHD, it really isn't hard to tell from my post that ADHD is my particular problem and I tried living without medicating it for 40 something years. Therapy and learning various techniques to stay focused did help, but it was not enough. Finally breaking down and going on medication (something I was loathe to do) was something I saw as last ditch effort to correct my problem.

I hated the idea. I was afraid that it would change my personality, but even more fearful was that if it was my last chance and it didn't work, would I be doomed with being a misfit for the rest of my life. I took the chance and started using medication. A month later and my world had completely turned around for the better. My fear of becoming someone else did not happen. I am still the same person, but now I am focused and consistently getting things done to completion. My self esteem has increased and I no longer see myself as a sham who was somehow fooling the people who really believed in me.

Medications do not work for everyone, but they shouldn't be written off because some doctors misdiagnose and overprescribe. As you said, it doesn't always need to be treated with meds, but sometimes it does.