Tom Cruise: Shut the fuck up.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Many congrats Mulebear.

I've had a similar experience though different diagnosis (manifesting the same fears you did) and found that indeed one certain medication "saved my life".

Tom Cruise? Shut the fuck up.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I actually saw a commercial for Narconon. That's the Scientologist solution for drug detox and sobriety. I forget what pseudo-science it involves, but I know it puts the participants in serious risk for health problems. You just don't force a junkie to go cold turkey, give him some vitamins, and expect him to lead in prayer to the great Mothership in the sky. Of course, some sites on the Web are way more precise in the specific dangers of the organization.

Let's start with Google's findings.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dr Rock said:
why is it ... that when mel gibson starts drivelling on about jesus and the pope, he gets roundly slammed by every media reviewer on the planet, yet when tom cruise goes apeshit over his love for l. ron hubbard and scientology, he's praised for his "conviction"?

All this fuss over something that basically started as a bet between L. Ron and Robert Heinkein....Heinlein bet Hubbard that he couldn;t come up with an off the wall non Judea/Christian, in the present US society, that people would embrace in any real numbers. Heilein lost that bet.....

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, I want to save you all $30,000...the going rate to learn the great secret. We all come from VOLCANOES!!!! See? and you didn't even have to get scanned by the tin can with the $5 Radio-Shack analog meter !

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
davidjh7 said:
Oh, I want to save you all $30,000...the going rate to learn the great secret. We all come from VOLCANOES!!!! See? and you didn't even have to get scanned by the tin can with the $5 Radio-Shack analog meter !

Are there nuances and subdivisions within this Volcanoism religion of yours, David, along the lines of Vesuvians, Popacetapetlists, Fujians and St.Helensians (the latter obviously drawing more heavily on some Christian teachings)? :rolleyes:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
alex8 said:
Are there nuances and subdivisions within this Volcanoism religion of yours, David, along the lines of Vesuvians, Popacetapetlists, Fujians and St.Helensians (the latter obviously drawing more heavily on some Christian teachings)? :rolleyes:

Hey, it is not MY religion!:eek: Besides...I saw the gaurds at the main temple or whatever you want to call it in Los Angelos. Please...powder blue uniforms, that look like they came out of a bad 1960's Japanese monster movie....:rolleyes:

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
davidjh7 said:
Hey, it is not MY religion!:eek: Besides...I saw the gaurds at the main temple or whatever you want to call it in Los Angelos. Please...powder blue uniforms, that look like they came out of a bad 1960's Japanese monster movie....:rolleyes:
Or they play for UCLA.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK said:
You know what's really got me so damn curious; Katie's a self admitted staunch Catholic for all tents and purposes, and she's allowing herself to be suckered into this scientology birthing bullshit.

And on a personal note, the question of whether or not Tom may be gay is all circumspect on his past relationships, and his devotion to them.
Just love, ............. LOVE all this anti-Scientology rhetoric... yet if this was doctrine of Islam.. you pansy and "delicate" libs would keep your pieholes shut, so as to NOT OFFEND the Muslim populus. You know it, I know it, the American ppl know it.

Too funny, as you love to blast Christian fundamentalists, and folk like Cruise/Travolta/Beck/et al... yet it's silencio on the practicum of Islam. You're own political correctness will blind-side the whole of us, and soon.

Laughable... too busy wasting your time on Hollywood out-of-touch-with-reality-celebs... the same celebs many cheer on their soci-political blathering, despite no background/academia in the matter. Wake up, folk.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Katie has been brainwashed and am glad Nicole Kidman got out/away when she did.

I think Tom's a few cards short of a deck.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
faceking said:
Just love, ............. LOVE all this anti-Scientology rhetoric... yet if this was doctrine of Islam.. you pansy and "delicate" libs would keep your pieholes shut, so as to NOT OFFEND the Muslim populus. You know it, I know it, the American ppl know it.

Too funny, as you love to blast Christian fundamentalists, and folk like Cruise/Travolta/Beck/et al... yet it's silencio on the practicum of Islam. You're own political correctness will blind-side the whole of us, and soon.

Laughable... too busy wasting your time on Hollywood out-of-touch-with-reality-celebs... the same celebs many cheer on their soci-political blathering, despite no background/academia in the matter. Wake up, folk.

meh, I blast everybody. I don't discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, of stupidity level. Humans are a stupid species. That's my claim, and I'm sticking to it!:biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
faceking said:

What a pile of shit, imho. :smile: I don't think you need to hunt far on these boards for condemnations of Christian and Islamic fundamentalism and extremism. In fact, it's a regular topic of debate. Do a search for "fundies", "Islam", "extremism", etc., and you'll find enough reading material for several hours.

Meanwhile, to claim that this discussion of scientology is irrelevant when that pseudo-religion is practiced and promoted heavily by those in the entertainment media who have a huge effect on the lives of many ... is surely more than a little short-sighted.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
faceking said:

I think your a mean old poophead!

GET OFF MY ROOF!!!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
What a pile of shit, imho. :smile: I don't think you need to hunt far on these boards for condemnations of Christian and Islamic fundamentalism and extremism. In fact, it's a regular topic of debate. Do a search for "fundies", "Islam", "extremism", etc., and you'll find enough reading material for several hours.

Meanwhile, to claim that this discussion of scientology is irrelevant when that pseudo-religion is practiced and promoted heavily by those in the entertainment media who have a huge effect on the lives of many ... is surely more than a little short-sighted.

HurraH!!! Someone finally says something about the "power" of the Scientology "group/religion/cult"!!

Alex is Very Correct Faceking. Scientology is pretty dominant right now in Hollywood as well as other heavily populated cities.

Mainstream Celebrities such as :

Mr Cruise, and his "Wife" Katie Holmes
Kirstie Alley, (who blasted rolling stone's recent piece on scientologists)
The Travolta's
Jenna Elfman
Nancy Cartwright (bart Simpson)
Issac Heyes, (Chef on south park, who left due to the scientology episode)
Chris and Danny Masterson
Beck
Bernadette Peters
And that is just SOME....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_Scientologists

Celebrities are promoting this fairly hard as well. I know I have mentioned that Director's of this Religion (spielburg) only hires fellow Scientologists for his films. You want to become an Actor? Join the group, pay the cash, and you can get the Best Supporting Actor Role in War of the Worlds II: Revenge of the Octopi.

Oh, and something else worthy to Note IMO. Tom, was recently on Diane Sawyer, and they were talking about the "silent birth". Oh man, I have never heard a man backpedal like this. If someone has the link... by all means post it, but tommy was talking about, how the silent birth is a beautiful thing how it is about welcoming the child into the world with silence and peacefulness.

The best part was when he stated that,

"This isn't about the mother being quiet, the mother is allowed to scream all she wants" when before, Cruise was claiming that everything had to be quiet. I guess the religion was re-written for Hollywood. Though, if I recall.. Leah Remini had hers videotaped, and it aired on tv. I don't remember hearing a single word uttered.

Sorry, random thoughts everywhere.. I just wanted to get it all down!!!:biggrin1:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bernadette Peters, a Scientologist? :eek:

What is this world coming to???