Tom Delay steps down

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One down.... LOTS more to go Hun.

The only problem is they've built themselves up with lots of cash, and they are well protected.

We can only hope that they don't collapse all of what the American people have worked so hard to achieve.

C

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
madame_zora said:
It's the trifecta folks! Another of the windbag cunts cracks under pressure. This is a good day for America. We can do better than these criminals in our government.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/05/MNGOUI3ND41.DTL
I don't see a problem here.:redface: Tom has not let a young lady suck his dick. As I understand it, that is the only thing that is realy wrong :biggrin1: We are under new rules: One set for Republicans and another set for Democrats.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lex said:
The sad thing is that it will take DECADES to undo all the bad karma that this administration has created. UGH.
This is true. The good thing is that Delay's own karma finally caught up with him. A shameful exit from public service for a man who literally made a career out of smearing those who disagreed with him. Yuck, good riddance. Texas can have him back.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think ugly like that can neither be created nor destroyed, it just changes forms. However, I think his next form will at least be less powerful, which is the best we can hope for at this point. I posted three articles that have happened recently, but those who can, please write! Some of our local papers don't carry "all" the stories, but they will sometimes run stories on the request of their readers, or at least publish some well written letters to editors, and a good many of us are capable of composing those.

Let the papers know you care, and you'll get a better response at the smaller ones than the national ones. People who read the "local papers" are more likely to be influenced by them as they see them as the stories that affect their lives, and rightly so. This is a time when even small voices can make a difference, so let's do what we can to bring this stuff to the public light. As we've seen, the side of sanity will have to get enough press to make people care, or even understand. We've been fighting idiocy for a very long time, hoping logic would prevail- it won't.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, ladies and gents, read the articles more carefully. Delay is still not admitting anything, including defeat. I just hope that the Abramoff investigation puts ALL the dirty dealings out in the open, for all to see.

We are not done taking out the trash, not by a long shot. For any of you who really care, please don't become complacent. We still must write mountains of letters to our House and Senate representatives; Bush has committed impeachable crimes, and must be held accountable. Likewise with Cheney. And can a Supreme Court Justice be impeached? I need to look that one up. Scalia needs to be removed, he is also a liar and a crook. He submits opinions on cases from which he should have recused himself, and brazenly ignores Constitutional law when it suits his needs. He also votes favorably toward his cronies when their cases come before the court, even in the face of overwhelmingly incriminating evidence.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unfortunately, we haven't seen the last of Slimeball Tom. Despite his announcement, he has not yet formally resigned. By waiting until after today to resign, DeLay can prevent a special election to have the unexpired part of this term filled; denying an opportunity for a Democrat to gain the seat early.

Moreover, just yesterday this happened: Tom DeLay's campaign manager (he still has one!) invited supporters to disrupt a press conference by Democratic challenger Nick Lampson. From the e-mail:

Let's give Lampson a parting shot that wrecks his press conference

And wreck it, they did. Property was destroyed, and a 69-year-old woman was hit in the face by one of DeLay's supporters. Photos and a brief video excerpt are at this link.

Assaulting old women -- there's your culture of life! ;)

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
To hear Delay tell it, he resigned because he faced an extraordinarily tough, perhaps futile, campaign to win re-election in November and since his opponent's platform is almost entirely anti-Delay, the best strategy for keeping the seat Republican was to step aside.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, this is hardly the end of Good Ol' Uncle Tom, but as Sigur Ros says so nicely in Icelandic, it's Ágætis Byrjun*- a good beginning.

Now might be a good time to GET vigilant, because once there's a chink in the glass it's easier to crack. Please don't mistake me to be saying the "war is over", I'm only saying these are a few minor rays of hope. It's more than we've had in a while, but nowhere near enough to feel anything more than a small sigh of relief.

*For anyone who doesn't know about this amazing band, check them out here-
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rikter8 said:
So...

How do you propose we take the hammer and shatter that glass?

Especially when our representatives won't listen.

( A good 80+% of them are in on the game)

The only hope we've got- the People's Court! Since these insecure, obsessive tools took office, they've hijacked the media, we need to get the voices heard of people who are NOT insane so that the blatant greed and stupidity of these fucking fundies and good ol boys can finally be seen for what it is- blatant greed and stupidity. WRITE THE NEWPSPERS AND BLOGS! Write your leaders tirelessly, even if you only get form letters, or nothing in response. Eventually these career cunts on BOTH sides worry about their jobs. If they get an avalanche of letters on how the people want them to act, they will eventually worry about maintaining their position, and hence their income.

The rationalists have been trying to play nice, but you can't play nice in a crooked game. A changing of the guard has to take place before we can begin the job of restructuing the system, which is also corrupt. It will start with electing people who are not running to get or stay rich.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
delay was about as slimy as they come. he is done. but, unfortunately, there are plenty of other "shove your face in shit" texans to take his place.

did anyone see the news that a bunch of his supporters crashed a nick lampson (his democratic opponent if he had run) rally and got violent?
freedom by their definition is doing things tom's way i guess.

lampson is a moderate and would have wiped his ass during the election in the reconfigured district he created down there. i used to live there.