Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
He's also freakishly tall now. I think the only other actor who really shot up to be as tall is the dude who plays Dean Thomas aka Harry's token black room mate.

I think his looks peaked though in POA but went downhill from there personally. But I think Matthew Lewis aka Neville has to be the one who surprised me the most at how good looking he has become. Check out the photo of him with the cast from the OOTP.

I feel so sorry for Dan though. He always looks so short.

lol...i feel so close to Dan right now. i'm also a short dude (5'6 at the most) and know how it feels to have everyone else shoot and and become taller than you. He's a cutie though.

I don't have any interest in read a book thank you.

well, Deno, it's actually a great series to read. anyways, Draco's dad, Lucius did not die at the end...I believe he was taken to Azkaban. I can't remember. You can always go on wikipedia for more info.

Reactions: mikyang

VTAce

Expert Member
Media
lol...i feel so close to Dan right now. i'm also a short dude (5'6 at the most) and know how it feels to have everyone else shoot and and become taller than you. He's a cutie though.
I love short dudes! :biggrin1: For me, tall is generally a turnoff.

There was a pic of Felton in the recent Entertainment Weekly feature on the new HP flick (Fall Movie Preview issue, before HP was moved to next summer) where he appeared to have a nice bulge.

Tom and Dan have definitely matured into nice looking guys. IMO, Rupert has gone the other direction. :wink:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Philosopher's Stone is UK title, Sorcerer's Stone US title. The US book publisher Scholastic thought US kids would not understand PS and forced JKR to change it.

Yes, and it was a bad decision. Rowling didn't make up the philosopher's stone; nor did she make up the character of Nicholas Flamel, the creator of the philosopher's stone. Real life alchemists wrote about the philosopher's stone and spent their lives trying to create it.

Philosopher's stone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nicolas Flamel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's no such thing as a "sorcerer's stone" in magical or alchemical history or literature. But you can find the term "philosopher's stone" in any decent dictionary. Alas, rather than taking the opportunity to teach kids something, Scholastic decides to arbitrarily change it to something with more of a ring of familiarity.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although it is arguable that Hogwarts is in Scotland - JKR although English wrote the books in a cafe in Edinburgh - and the architecture is definitely more Scots than English.
Actually yes, that's true, i agree with you there.

It does seem now that the "Philosopher" is probably the rare one.
Well, yeah, that's probably inevitable, simply because there are more people in America than there are in the UK. That's how America always gets it way, just more of them. Also why it's harder to persuade them to do anything sensible.

Rowling didn't make up the philosopher's stone; nor did she make up the character of Nicholas Flamel, the creator of the philosopher's stone. Real life alchemists wrote about the philosopher's stone and spent their lives trying to create it.
I have a witch friend who says that a surprising amount of the magical terminology in the Harry Potter series is actually quite accurate.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a witch friend who says that a surprising amount of the magical terminology in the Harry Potter series is actually quite accurate.

Yes and no. There isn't much in Harry Potter that bears any resemblance whatsoever to contemporary witchcraft (or "Wicca"), and most of the spells and potions come from Rowling's own imagination. At the same time, Rowling is a well-educated woman and clearly did some research while writing her books. She seems well-versed in mythology, folklore, classical literature, alchemy, etc.

Some time ago I was reading something on the Harry Potter universe--probably on the Web somewhere--which detailed which elements of the story were Rowling's original ideas, and which were from other sources like mythology and classical literature. As I recall, there was plenty of both. But even when she borrows an idea, like the philosopher's stone, like werewolves and shapeshifters, they are fully integrated into the universe she has created.

Now, to get this thread back on track, here's a YouTube clip of Tom Felton reacting to the news that Dumbledore is gay.

YouTube - Tom Felton about Dumbledore's outing

Reactions: Djslim

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You people always have a way of taking a thread about a single person and turning it into something totally different.

HIJACK

Tom Felton , hot or not. More Tom Felton/Drakco photos.

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks, I didn't realize that. However the original pic does not have the emblem on the tie I wonder if that makes it fake, it does look like the strips are the same though.

D_Leticia Goodlaye

Account Disabled
Media
One thing puzzles me, though, I have "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". They are identical except for the title. I suspect "Sorcerer's Stone" came out first, but when Christian parents were outraged by the evil implications of sorcery, the producers quickly changed the title to something more lucrative.

I don't think so. I read a J.K. Rowling interview and she said the first American editions had many changes in the languages (without her consent), like mom instead of mum, and I think Philosophers and Scorer's might have been one of those. She got pissed and told them to keep her English as colloquial as possible (duh, the characters are English), but I suppose changing the title would have been too complicated.
Also, I don't care how photoshoped this picture might be, it's defiantly going in the 'masturbation fantasies' archive for me!

D_Leticia Goodlaye

Account Disabled
Media
One thing puzzles me, though, I have "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". They are identical except for the title. I suspect "Sorcerer's Stone" came out first, but when Christian parents were outraged by the evil implications of sorcery, the producers quickly changed the title to something more lucrative.

I don't think so. I read a J.K. Rowling interview and she said the first American editions had many changes in the languages (without her consent), like mom instead of mum, and I think Philosophers and Scorer's might have been one of those. She got pissed and told them to keep her English as colloquial as possible (duh, the characters are English), but I suppose changing the title would have been too complicated.
Also, I don't care how photoshoped this picture might be, it's definitely going in the 'masturbation fantasies' archive for me!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
strange we are still debating this issue and checking it twice like santa.