tongue piercing infection

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by little_ONE, Oct 20, 2006.

1. little_ONE

little_ONE Member

Albums:
    hii didnt really know where to put this. last saturday i got my tongue pierced and a few days after it got infected. ive been using mouthwash, he one the piercest recommended, but it didnt work, ive got a new mothwash now and ive washed it with saltwater a few times.i didnt know if that would clear up the infection or if i need to see a doctorany help would be greatly appreciatedCheers

2. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Well if it is infected you probably need antibiotics so that you do not get blood poisoning. I would see a doc asap.

3. TforTrapeze

TforTrapeze Member

Albums:
    hello, i'm a practicing piercer, and have many piercings, so do not take my word as FACT but i do know a lot about this subject so here i go:
    first of all, GO TO YOUR PIERCER, and they might refer you to a doctor, but some things piercers will be better at fixing than a doctor for piercing situations.
    you could have a few things, just from the few pieces of information you provided:

1) the post could be too short for your swollen tongue. Usualy piercers make it a habit to put a longer than natural bar for the first few weeks and then change it after that to a shorter post.

2) You COULD (very small chance) be experiencing a reaction to the metal. SOME people just don't take well to 316L Surgical Stainless Steel (the standard piercing metal), if that's the case, they will just change it and probably give you a short term anti inflamatory and you will be fine.

3) Something you ate really pissed it off, the cleansing mouthwash could fix that.

Good luck, if you have any questions, you can just message me, good luck

Draft saved Draft deleted