Tongue Soreness Update

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mattbuddy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ok - so last week I made a thread describing the pain I was having on the bottom of my tongue and how it was sore. I thought I would give an update and now ask for new advice if there is any.

I was supposed to go to the dentist on Monday but they had to move my appt to this upcoming monday now which sucks since my tongue isn't in better shape at all.

So I told you all that the sharp pain as on the bottom of my tongue towards the base of it. The pain there is no longer there, but this is the weird part... the pain and the sores have moved locations on my tongue.... that sounds gross but it really isnt. The sore started at the base, then that pain went away over night and instead the pain moved to the middle of my tongue. Then that pain went away and now it located more towards the tip of my tongue. The pain is JUST LIKE a cold soar if you have ever had one. Except there is no bumps at all. There is just this 1/2 inch area of my tongue that now hurts and its in a perfect line and it is a brighter shade of pink than the rest of my tongue. The line in width is tiny...it's about the size of floss.

I have no idea what this is....like I said it feels just like a cold soar and it has changed locations on my tongue over the course of a week. My family thinks it's just a cold sore and my friends agree, but wow this thing is driving me crazy! It doesnt hurt to chew or anything, but I am just running out of patience for this sore.

Does anyone know what this can be or anyone have similar things happen to them?

Again, like i said before there is no sexual activity goin on with me....so it's not herpes or anything like that.... I have checked on the internet and they all tell me I have herpes lol Even though I havent had sex for awhile so I know it's not that.

If anyone has any guesses or anything, I would be very intrigued to hear them!

Thanks!

2. Xcuze

Gold Member

Dude, why dont you just go to the Doctor? This isnt Large Penis Medical Board!

Im not being funny but youre not gonna get a serious diagnosis on here. Not one you can trust anyway. Have you used a strong mouthwash?

Cheers.

3. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm going on monday and I like to hear other peoples opinions on here. My last thread I got plenty of good answers. :wink:

4. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    It could be a cold sore, but it sounded like you have gotten them before. Then this would just be in a slightly different location. You said you haven't had sex for a while. Does that mean you haven't kissed anyone recently, like just before you got this?

You can have a doctor swab it to check if it is herpes 1 or 2, but if it is already healing then that test could be negative.

5. Smartalk

Gold Member

Hi,

I agree with the rest see your GP or pop along to your local GUM clinic, May be nothing but I would be doing something before now

Good luck keep us posted on how you get on

Draft saved Draft deleted