Tonight in Toronto

D_Dierks Bentwilly

Just Browsing
Media
My night in Toronto consisted of unexpected meet-ups with a girl I haven't seen in years. Her name is Judy; I was her TA for two symesters back when I was finishing grad school.

I remember her being pretty, but she looked exceptionally cute tonight -maybe it was her clothes, her long black hair, or the way she lit her own cigarette. She has a boyfriend so this was strictly a social calling.

I met her tonight at the Red Room near Spadina and College. We shared a few beers and smoked nearly a half pack of cigarettes before ordering food. We must have talked for 2 hours before I even noticed that the sun was going down. Toward the end of our meal she mentioned that she hated the way that Toronto smelled. For those of you who don't know, Toronto smells like cultures pressed upon cultures. Korean BBQ mixed with street meat, Indian food, fish markets, spilled beer and car exaust. Personally, I have always kind of enjoyed it.

We walked through a park on our way back to her apartment. Along the way we flirted and, in not so subtle ways, talked about how we had each had feelings for one another at various times throughout knowing each other.

I'm sorry, this is really unfocused. Basically, I really wish I had of kissed her.

I shouldn't drink on weekdays. Or at least, I shouldn't come home alone while drunk on weekdays.

How was your night?

Current agenda: cigarette, scotch, guitar, book, bed.

Jason

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love that smell. It's not exactly the most intoxicating scent, per se, but it brings back all kinds of intoxicating memories.