Tony Robbins

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by reallyhot, Nov 10, 2007.

1. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anybody know what he's packin'?
    He's very tall, and has a super deep voice...
    He was on "The Hour" yesterday... I was surprised to see how
    big he is in person, heard about him but he's bigger than I expected.

2. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    If I remember right there was an interview or something that said he was average-sized, but then had some hormonal issue or something that cause an adult growth spurt, and something to the effect of "everything just suddenly magnified". Hmm, "everything", eh? It wasn't just a simple, "I got taller". :wink:

3. agnslz

Gold Member

There was another thread on him almost exactly a year ago where I said all I'd like to say about him now.

4. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Curses!!! That damn "search" function has come back to haunt me yet again! :tongue:

5. Meniscus

Gold Member

As a general rule I mislike "motivational speakers" as I believe that they make a lot of false promises and take advantage of unhappy people in order to make themselves rich. I suspect this is also true of Mr. Robbins.

However, when I saw him in the movie Shallow Hal, I was completely taken with him. I have no idea what he's like in real life, but in that movie I found him to be utterly charming. Previously I thought he was sort of freaky looking because of his size, but then I found myself wanting to get close to the big lug.

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion about him personally or professionally.

6. bmw335

bmw335 New Member

Albums:
    Here's the scoop on this guy... he has a huge body with a very average sized (6-1/2 to 7) appendage which because of his body makes it look ridicously small. A girl might be able to overlook that if he wasn't such a coward and jerk after he's done with you. He's totally in protecting his public image even if it means he has to attack first. He wouldn't think twice about sicking his high priced celebrity tabloid lawyers on a girl he's "used" in fear that his secrets would come out to threaten her to keep her mouth shut. To answer your question no he does not have a large one (in contrast to the rest of him).

7. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Oops

Mistook this guy for Tim Robbins (thought the OP got the name wrong)

I bet Tim is the better actor of the two. Jacob's Ladder is an amazing motion picture.

8. agnslz

Gold Member

Are we to assume that you're one of his jilted lovers?:eek:

9. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wondering the connection myself

10. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

Anthony Robbins' raspy horse voice may be a result of years of overuse on the lecture circuit. According to various sources, he attributes his 6' 7" height to a condition known as pituitary acromegaly, a condition which the gland secretes excess HGH. Patients with this condition show a characteristic lower jaw protrusion.

The late actor Ted Cassidy who played Lurch in The Adams Family sit-com and guest stared in the original Star Trek (usually as alien robot monsters) ultimately died from the same congenital condition that made him 6' 10" (or 7' from other sources.) The life expectancy of someone with acromegaly is short.

Draft saved Draft deleted