Too long legs... How to solve?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Blades25, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Blades25

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi! I have a little problem, even if it is not a real problem, thinking better...
    Anyway, my legs are too long for a male body. I mean, in proportion with chest.
    What I can wear not to let see this thing?
    Thanx :D

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

How tall are you and what's your inside leg, it's hard to decide if your legs really are disproportionately long or it's just that you feel they are.

3. txnrude

txnrude Active Member

Albums:
    Ok I am not sure I understand the question, are you saying due to your long legs your pants ride up in the crotch and you are asking what types of pants to wear so that this does not happen? If I understood that correctly then you have 2 options, find a "big & tall" type store, maybe an online store will ship to italy, or you will need to have them tailers to bring the inside down.

4. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

Procustus brand jeans might be the answer.

5. Blades25

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm 68.89 inches and my legs are 34.64 inches (this is the lenth from feet to balls).
    The problem is that I don't want the others to see these legs are too long, so I want to know what kind of pants/jeans wear to create a sorta optical illusion to make them see my proportions are masculine. I hope this time I explained better :) Maybe I'll put a photo later.
    Thanx to you all :D

6. LA8PV

LA8PV Member

Hmm.... a long dress would conceal your legs. Nobody would be able to tell how long they are. ;-)

Ok, now I'm serious: Long legs on a man can be sexy.

7. Blades25

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I don't agree :) Long slim legs are sexy on a girl. Boy body need to has a big chest and, according to me, male legs gotta be as long as chest. The more this proportion is respected, the sexier and hot a boy is. And I can see it anywhere where I walk: I am attracted by boys whose crotch is very low. And I think it's the same for every gay and women.

8. 9inchcanadian

9inchcanadian Member

Albums:
    Erm. Legs same length as chest? wouldnt this make them a midget?
    and i can assure you its not the same for this gay!

9. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Um... you could try wearing your pants lower, and purchase shirts that are longer... but if I were you, I'd just accept your body for what it is and get over it.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Nope you are wrong and twisted. I strongly suggest therapy. Seriously you have a body dysmorphic issue. This means you look in the mirror and see flaws that do not exist in reality. They exist only in your head.:redface:

11. Blades25

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You just have to see this following pic to notice that there is this proportion
    http://www.segrelles.com/lessons/vseg_truco2_ima5.gif
    4 parts from head to crotch, 4 parts from crotch to feet. And you can easly see that women's shoulders are less tall than men's ones,so the fact is that women's legs are longer in proportion.
    In particular, due to the different shape of the two bodys, it seems that female legs start from the belly-button, while male legs start a little lower. Boys, it's like this, it's not inside my brain, I don't need therapy :p
    Anyway, thanx for your help and answers :)

12. bboy24

bboy24 Member

34 inch legs? That's nothing, boy. When you walk around with 41 inches of leg like me, then you can say that your legs are "too long". Although, all the girls and guys I know say they wish they had my long legs and to quote them "six foot long arms." :D
    I agree with the others, be happy with your body. Leg length is not really something you can control so don't stress about it. Without my long legs, when I do breakin' and bboyin' I couldn't do some of the things I am able to do.

13. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    According to the link you just posted, you are classically proportioned with your crotch almost exactly in the middle. If you deviate from that standard, it's by less than an inch. The standard you posted would have body twice as long as the legs. For example, 35 in legs and 70 inchs of height.
    70 divided by 35 is 2.000
    68.89 divided by 34.64 is 2.0176
    Sounds like dysmorphia to me.

14. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Meg is right. You need to dress in such a way it makes your torso look longer. You want to take attention away from your legs. Choose neutral or dark trousers. Then, wear longer shirts that are not inwardly tucked. For your shirts, pick brighter prints, patterns, and colors. I have done this for years. It helps a lot.

15. Blades25

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hip-Hop style, for example.
    Thanx boys, really. I thank you both for wear advices and for the doubt about my dysmorphophobia, I'll better think about :) And you're right, I have to like my body just the way it is. ;)

16. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Here's another tip.. if you tuck in your shirts, stop. Allowing the shirts to hang longer will take the emphasis off your legs. Also, wear a solid color pant and a vertically striped shirt. The vertical stripes on the shirt will give the illusion that your upper body is longer. :smile: I love watching "What Not to Wear"... I learn so much! Hehe.

17. Kassokilleri2ff

Wear longer shirt. ^_^

Draft saved Draft deleted