Too many Ashleys

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
There are too many people named Ashley. Everywhere I turn, there's another fucking Ashley, Ashleigh, Ashlee, or some variation thereof. My first wife remarried, a guy named Ashley. I had an assignment recently with a supervisor named Ashley who was married to, you guessed it, a woman named Ashley. I don't know their kids' names, but I hope Ashley and Ashley showed some taste...

I come from Charleston, SC, and several times a week my business takes me back and for across the Ashley River, named for Lord Ashley. I grew up with 350 years of Ashley history and lots of landmarks named Ashley this and Ashley that and Ashley theotherthing...

I'm starting to get worked up, so I'm going to back away. If anybody named Ashley reads this and would like to change his or her name, please get in touch by PM. I will try to help you.

And you Christophers, Christians, Nicoles, and Saras: don't think you dodged the bullet. You're on my radar as well.

I think you kids with the aforementioned names should all kill your parents because they have committed the ultimate crime against humanity, which is to be utterly lacking in imagination.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HickBoy said:
There are too many people named Ashley. Everywhere I turn, there's another fucking Ashley, Ashleigh, Ashlee, or some variation thereof. My first wife remarried, a guy named Ashley. I had an assignment recently with a supervisor named Ashley who was married to, you guessed it, a woman named Ashley. I don't know their kids' names, but I hope Ashley and Ashley showed some taste...

I come from Charleston, SC, and several times a week my business takes me back and for across the Ashley River, named for Lord Ashley. I grew up with 350 years of Ashley history and lots of landmarks named Ashley this and Ashley that and Ashley theotherthing...

I'm starting to get worked up, so I'm going to back away. If anybody named Ashley reads this and would like to change his or her name, please get in touch by PM. I will try to help you.

And you Christophers, Christians, Nicoles, and Saras: don't think you dodged the bullet. You're on my radar as well.

I think you kids with the aforementioned names should all kill your parents because they have committed the ultimate crime against humanity, which is to be utterly lacking in imagination.

Whatever you're drinking, make mine a double...:tongue:

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I work in an office full of Lauras, Laurens, Lauries, and (worst of all) Lori's.

Furthermore don't end names in "i's" when they should end in "y's" or "ie's". Suck it up, you Cindi's, Randi's, Mandi's, Mindi's, and Candi's. You're all just silli.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The only Ashlee i dont like is the Simpson singer one...dont know why i dont like her...:rolleyes:

But the only english name that is sensitive annoying to my nerves is Alistair Bradford Smith...

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My first name is Claire, my second is Maude. When I changed them, I had just had a real thing for French language, and the names. Better than what my parents had picked for me. Lately I've found a website on forename statistics; Claire has only become a fashionable name recently.

On the Ashley thing: I'll stamp a "Approved & Affirmative" on that. Same for the thing with the vowel changing. I mean, reading some names I think parents were really going for an individual name with the crowbar, by flipping in some exclusive-looking vowel combinations.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HIckboy,

Every generation, region, ethnic or socioeconomic group has its personal favorites. There is little one can do about it. As a Southerner, you should know coming from Charleston the hotbead of tradition you are fighting a centuries old tradition and phenom. Now it is only exacerbated by the addition of individuals from other parts finding what you see as a curse delightful. Blame the yuppies following the Southern tradition of family names as first names and then the run off occuring as a result of television and other media. They are donning their offspring with the trappings of gentility, if only in a name. At least it isnt a blatant statement of wishing for monetary success or after some super luminary such as Lexus, Tiffany, Alexis, Blake, Mercedes. Or then there are the ethnic suffixes that clash horribly with the colonial last names of the bearer, Isha, quia ,ia .ette elle...

What is in a name? More than you ever wanted to know...

Kimiequisha

D_Melburn Pudmuncher

Account Disabled
Media
Ashley, Lindsey, Jessica. Lacey all too precious for me.
But all the good names like Shenequa' and La Queeda are already taken

The worst was my neighbors The Ryans...they had 4 boys the oldest was named Ryan Ryan.
I know a Richard Richards as well.
There was a rash of Justins Jasons and Joshs' there for awhile so
I'm a gonna' name my firstborn Euripides Pierpont and hope for the best !

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please dont I had a professor who named his son Horatio and the child has had problems ever since. What we do in whimsy they suffer in perpetuity...

rookaponz said:
Ashley, Lindsey, Jessica. Lacey all too precious for me.
But all the good names like Shenequa' and La Queeda are already taken

The worst was my neighbors The Ryans...they had 4 boys the oldest was named Ryan Ryan.
I know a Richard Richards as well.
There was a rash of Justins Jasons and Joshs' there for awhile so
I'm a gonna' name my firstborn Euripides Pierpont and hope for the best !