Too much L-argnine?

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement' started by kaczynski66, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kaczynski66

kaczynski66 New Member

I started taking it a few days ago, and I've been taking three 500 mg(?) tablets every night before I go to bed. Is this too much? I don't want to overdo it and end up counteracting any possible effects.

2. burns1de

Gold Member

There's already a thread about L-Arginine here. 500mg three times a day is what's recommended on the bottle I bought. What's written on yours?

3. HOLLYWOOD29

HOLLYWOOD29 New Member

Albums:
    i take 20 grams a day sometimes and im still alive...

4. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take about 10 grams or more a day mixed into my protein shakes when I work out. That would be 20 or more of your tablets. Others who have a more serious workout program tell me thay take much more, over 20 grams. So, rather than questioning if 3 500 mg tablets (1.5 grams) is too much, I wonder if it is enough to do anything at all. I buy it as a powder, not tablets. The directions on one brand of the powder indicate a standard dose is two scoops = 9 grams, and that this dose might be taken with each protein supplement drink, i.e. several times per day.

By the way, buying L-Arginine in tablet form is a waste of money, unless you really want the conveneince of the tablets. It is much cheaper when purchased as a bulk powder. You can buy the powder at GNC stores for about a third of the cost of their tablets (by weight), but if you go to a good independent fitness store, the powder is costs even less. The powder can be dissolved in a drink, and has little taste, although there is a very slight impression of something like ammonia. Some of the more expensive brands add a little citric acid to give a pleasant citrus taste, but you get used to the plain version soon enough.

5. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

My directions on the Vitamin Shoppe bottle advises 1 500mg pill daily preferrably between meals. Also, I've read somewhere that L-Tyrosine is a precursor for L-Arginine and should be taken together for optimum benefit. I'm at a loss re. whether or not 1500mg daily has any negative or positive effects.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice