Too much L-argnine?

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement' started by kaczynski66, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kaczynski66

kaczynski66 New Member

I started taking it a few days ago, and I've been taking three 500 mg(?) tablets every night before I go to bed. Is this too much? I don't want to overdo it and end up counteracting any possible effects.

2. burns1de

Gold Member

There's already a thread about L-Arginine here. 500mg three times a day is what's recommended on the bottle I bought. What's written on yours?

3. HOLLYWOOD29

HOLLYWOOD29 New Member

Albums:
    i take 20 grams a day sometimes and im still alive...

4. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take about 10 grams or more a day mixed into my protein shakes when I work out. That would be 20 or more of your tablets. Others who have a more serious workout program tell me thay take much more, over 20 grams. So, rather than questioning if 3 500 mg tablets (1.5 grams) is too much, I wonder if it is enough to do anything at all. I buy it as a powder, not tablets. The directions on one brand of the powder indicate a standard dose is two scoops = 9 grams, and that this dose might be taken with each protein supplement drink, i.e. several times per day.

By the way, buying L-Arginine in tablet form is a waste of money, unless you really want the conveneince of the tablets. It is much cheaper when purchased as a bulk powder. You can buy the powder at GNC stores for about a third of the cost of their tablets (by weight), but if you go to a good independent fitness store, the powder is costs even less. The powder can be dissolved in a drink, and has little taste, although there is a very slight impression of something like ammonia. Some of the more expensive brands add a little citric acid to give a pleasant citrus taste, but you get used to the plain version soon enough.

5. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

My directions on the Vitamin Shoppe bottle advises 1 500mg pill daily preferrably between meals. Also, I've read somewhere that L-Tyrosine is a precursor for L-Arginine and should be taken together for optimum benefit. I'm at a loss re. whether or not 1500mg daily has any negative or positive effects.

Draft saved Draft deleted