Too much?

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Would it be too much if a guy had 1 small little basket of
Bath puff, women's body wash, women's shampoo, women's conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, curling/flat iron, blowdryer, brush/comb and maybe a few other odds and ends. (all travel sized) Of course it's all new/unopened. Again, small. I'd probably pitch everything but the curling iron/blow dryer, it would seem excessively wasteful.

I was thinking would it be a nice gesture or would that be taken the wrong way? My thoughts on it were if you stayed the night wouldn't be nice if it were an option to have a good chunk of what you need at your disposal, fix up your hair, brush, wash/dry etc.

Or would that be too much? I mean I don't think there would be anything wrong if you were in a relationship and had it for your gf. I'm just asking would that be too much for anyone else... I don't want to say random, because If i can't imagine being their friend i wouldn't sleep with them, but for sake of example.. random woman.

My intentions are good, so do you think that'd be well received or would you recommend something different? I'm all about a good experience from start to finish.

If I'm to the point of staying the night I'd appreciate a new toothbrush that's still in it's wrapper. Otherwise I'd actually like to use his soap, shampoo and conditioner. It adds to the intimacy of smelling like him.

Reactions: Hatt_101

I agree with Bonfire, a new toothbrush in it's wrapper. All of the other stuff could possibly be misconstrued. It could make a random woman feel very much like a random woman, as if you are a bit too well organized, and have a steady stream of random women staying over. It's a bit impersonal. It depends what your intentions are really I suppose.

Reactions: Bonfire

I just reread this now that I'm not quite so sleep deprived,.....

If I was some random woman and I, for whatever reason, was staying at a strange guys place for the night and he produced a pre-made, unopened, female oriented hygiene "kit".....I'd be thinking that this situation may well end in a large pit dug in his basement and lotion in a basket.

I think it's too much. I in general keep a couple unopened toothbrushes around, in case a friend needs to crash at my place. My boyfriend is a courteous person who tries to keep some kind of feminine hygiene products around in the guest bathroom. That's about as much as is reasonable, to me.

Back when I did do casual, that was as much as I expected/hoped for. I was fine with using someone else's body wash, deodorant, shampoo, etc for one shower. A whole little basket of all that stuff, a good chunk of which I wouldn't use? No thank you.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'd kind of get the feeling I was one in a long line of female guests. Someone who has a couple of fresh toothbrushes is fine (I collect them when I get my dental check ups), but more seems kind of pre-meditated.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
I just reread this now that I'm not quite so sleep deprived,.....

If I was some random woman and I, for whatever reason, was staying at a strange guys place for the night and he produced a pre-made, unopened, female oriented hygiene "kit".....I'd be thinking that this situation may well end in a large pit dug in his basement and lotion in a basket.

I don't get it, is that a reference to something? Are you saying you expect him to have you dead and buried in his basement added to his collection of trophies (dead women) and what about the lotion lol
I just have this vision of the guy going to a closet where he has a bunch of these at the ready.

<shudders>
A man that is prepared : P

I'd kind of get the feeling I was one in a long line of female guests. Someone who has a couple of fresh toothbrushes is fine (I collect them when I get my dental check ups), but more seems kind of pre-meditated.
It was pre-meditated though, the whole thought was she'd have pretty much the basics to kickstart her morning whatever her situation, a nice gesture but seems to be ill received. Which was the point of the thread, sad, but still why I asked. Do you find men who have a lot of sexual partners to be bad?

I agree with Bonfire, a new toothbrush in it's wrapper. All of the other stuff could possibly be misconstrued. It could make a random woman feel very much like a random woman, as if you are a bit too well organized, and have a steady stream of random women staying over. It's a bit impersonal. It depends what your intentions are really I suppose.
I guess it could/is being construed. My intentions were simply, wouldn't it be nice to have xxx on hand, that'd be pretty nice she'd have the basics to start her day on a good foot. :\ but turns out it's a horrible idea. What I thought to be thoughtful is taken as impersonal and slutty. *shrugs* but then again that was the point of the thread. To see how it was received.

Oh well, it was an idea. <.< was hopeful I had a good idea but had a feeling it might not be lol.

Honestly, in my eyes, I'm a woman who showers, combs my hair, puts on antiperspirant, and I'm good to go (well, and get dressed). I feel like the women who DO have more to their bathing/getting ready routine, you having a curling iron/whatever, probably won't be the kind that the woman DOES use. So, might as well keep it more basic/less over the top.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
If I'm planning on staying the night at someone's house I'm bringing my own stuffs. I have my own little ritual and like to use my own products because I know what works best for my skin/hair.

ETA: I don't think it's 'too much'... I just have my ritual; my day is kinda thrown off if it's disrupted. Oh, and like Fade, I usually don't need the hair curler/flat iron. I blow dry if I'm running late to work, but I avoid it because it damages the hell outta my hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 693987

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't get it, is that a reference to something? Are you saying you expect him to have you dead and buried in his basement added to his collection of trophies (dead women) and what about the lotion lol

A man that is prepared : P

It was pre-meditated though, the whole thought was she'd have pretty much the basics to kickstart her morning whatever her situation, a nice gesture but seems to be ill received. Which was the point of the thread, sad, but still why I asked. Do you find men who have a lot of sexual partners to be bad?

I guess it could/is being construed. My intentions were simply, wouldn't it be nice to have xxx on hand, that'd be pretty nice she'd have the basics to start her day on a good foot. :\ but turns out it's a horrible idea. What I thought to be thoughtful is taken as impersonal and slutty. *shrugs* but then again that was the point of the thread. To see how it was received.

Oh well, it was an idea. <.< was hopeful I had a good idea but had a feeling it might not be lol.
I prefer to feel special. If I'm just one of many, forget it. A man with a basket of toiletries for women is not the kind of man I'd be interested in sleeping with. I'm selective - he should be, too. 'Playas' need not apply.

Reactions: 950483

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I wouldn't presume a guy had a ton of women come and stay the night with him. Maybe he's considerate and just wants the next woman who comes to his place to feel like he thought about her needs and met them before he even met her. I would find it delightful. A man who can think that far ahead to ensure a lady gets pampered further at his house sounds like a good guy to me.

I hated it when a guy had a nasty bar of soap covered in engine grease and body hair for me to use. Can I make recommendations on products? lol And go for a multi-purpose tool like a flat iron rather than a curling iron. Just sayin' ;)

A woman could do this and no one would question all the Axe products in her bathroom.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
I wouldn't presume a guy had a ton of women come and stay the night with him. Maybe he's considerate and just wants the next woman who comes to his place to feel like he thought about her needs and met them before he even met her. I would find it delightful. A man who can think that far ahead to ensure a lady gets pampered further at his house sounds like a good guy to me.

I hated it when a guy had a nasty bar of soap covered in engine grease and body hair for me to use. Can I make recommendations on products? lol And go for a multi-purpose tool like a flat iron rather than a curling iron. Just sayin' ;)

A woman could do this and no one would question all the Axe products in her bathroom.
: D well at least one person saw it how I did, so maybe there is hope that more do. 237 views/7 unique individual replies. so perhaps 30-34 or so agree.

Idk anything about ironing hair. Can you do pretty much everything with a curling iron that you can with a flat iron in addition to more? The only thing I know is once I wanted to try having straightened hair... and it didn't come out how I was hoping. Instead of silky straight black hair I had a hairstyle worthy of google :3

my plan for soap was aloe vera body wash, gentle conditioner with aloe vera/cherry bark , and not sure for shampoo.

I currently own simple anit-bacterial body wash (rarely use it) So in the event she is either outright allergic to aloe vera or garlic/onions (aloe is in similar family and wouldn't be worth the risk imo) I'd still have her covered if she didn't want to use what I normally use.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
If you have a set up for any visitors, toothbrushes, neutral smelling shampoo and conditioner that could be seen as for your mom, neice, grandma, wife of your visiting buddy, fine.

I still don't know what women's shampoo/conditioner are. It's all pretty much the same crap with different labels.
If your shampoo is some funky dandruff/scaly space monster shampoo, get a nice bottle of Suave.
Or better yet, Whole Foods everyday 365 shampoo and a conditioner, in unscented.
This is even better if you have two bathrooms so it doesn't look like you have a lovely parting gift before the walk of shame.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
If you have a set up for any visitors, toothbrushes, neutral smelling shampoo and conditioner that could be seen as for your mom, neice, grandma, wife of your visiting buddy, fine.

I still don't know what women's shampoo/conditioner are. It's all pretty much the same crap with different labels.
If your shampoo is some funky dandruff/scaly space monster shampoo, get a nice bottle of Suave.
Or better yet, Whole Foods everyday 365 shampoo and a conditioner, in unscented.
This is even better if you have two bathrooms so it doesn't look like you have a lovely parting gift before the walk of shame.
isn't the walk of shame only reserved for negative experiences? Like the ones of "WTF was a I thinking" rather than, omg that was awesome, she/he was so fucking awesome. Or if you are either insecure/immature you just happen to be "caught" as you walk out by someone that either knows you or knows that you don't live at that house?
That's at least how I feel, hence another reason I don't sleep with anyone I couldn't be friends with because I only befriend those who are awesome in my eyes.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was ready to fuck this guy before the end of our first date, but we had a third wheel along and settled for a steamy make out against my rear hatch. We were both all about it, so there was no question about the agenda when date two called for me to go to his house directly from my job. When he'd called I'd told him I'd be dirty and would want to bathe. I was impressed that he'd put his observational skills to use. When I went to his bathroom, he had MY products, based on how I smelled when he kissed me the previous night. MY shampoo and conditioner. MY bath oil. MY shower gel. This wasn't generic women's products. It was everything I specifically smelled like. He had them lined up on the vanity with a washcloth and towel for me. After I bathed he gave me one of the most unforgettable fuckings of my life. I was most impressed.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, it's more the "I stay out without planning so I'm in a cocktail dress at 7 am in the burbs" walk o pride, too.

Not that I've done it,..cough.

Fixed it.

I hate the phrase 'walk of shame' as if one should be ashamed of an eventful, enjoyable night. I walk out the house looking like I just got fucked with Pride dammit!:p

(I agree though, it is nice to have everything needed to freshen up and take that walk looking damn good... just saying, that phrase irks ma jerky:cool:)