Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A question aimed at those who speak rather fluently in both Spanish and English:

What do you call the positions (in basic gay sex) of "top, bottom and vers"?
Let's also throw in the grammatically correct way of saying "Vers top" and "Vers bottom"

Likewise, how do you refer to the more BDSM positions of Dom, sub and Switch?

Most English-Spanish online translation sites just don't seem to even mention those terms.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: deleted20643261
D

deleted20643261

Top = Activo
Bottom = Pasivo
Vers = I’ve seen/used both Inter and Vers (short for versátil in Spanish)

I’m not too familiar with the rest!

Reactions: Andrue

Andrue

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks, Latinguy12 that's a good start.

I'd also want to find other terms and their equivalent Spanish versions.
I'm thinking perhaps some in-depth Spanish BDSM web pages would be the best place to gather these.

Does anyone have suggestions for such sites? My Spanish-speaking BF is new to BDSM so he isn't really knowledgeable on such matters or websites (yet!). And translating English BDSM/gay lexicon terms through Google often fails to get the real meaning across...

All help is greatly appreciated!

titapetita

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Spanish guy here.

As stated earlier Act (activo), Pas (pasivo) and Vers (versátil) are the correct translations, although almost everyone understands Top and Bottom.

As for BDSM, Bondage is the same and Sadomasochism is Sadomasoquismo, pretty similar tbf. Although most people will say "Sado" instead of BDSM. (As in: "Te va el sado?" (Are you into BDSM?))

Dom/Sub would be Dominante and Sumiso.

Slave could be either "esclavo" or "siervo" (servant) or basically any insult you can come up with.

And Master/sir could be "amo" (owner) [as in: Lo siento, amo. (I'm sorry, master)], señor (sir) [me aprietan las muñecas, señor. (My wrists are too tight, sir)], papi (daddy) [this last one I always found cringy].

I don't know of spanish websites as I mostly use english when on the net, so I can't help with that, but if you need some more translations let me know.

Keep in mind most of this stuff gets popular on internet where people speaks mostly english, so most words are either direct translations or straight up the same (like bondage).