Top/Bottom Versatile?

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There's nothing wrong with his mentality, there's nothing wrong with yours. One is more traditional than the other . Leave him alone

Nothing is wrong with viewing the man who bottoms as the woman of the relationship?

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nothing is wrong with viewing the man who bottoms as the woman of the relationship?

No. I myself am a bottom and I don't care if that's perceived as the more feminine position. Women are great people, what's wrong with having characteristics that people perceive to be in common with them? I know in other areas of my life I am very masculine, but at the same time I am realistic enough to know that bouncing up and down on a huge schlong like a pogo-stick is not the most masculine of activities lol

Last edited:

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No. I myself am a bottom and I don't care if that's perceived as the more feminine position. Women are great people, what's wrong with having characteristics that people perceive to be in common with them? I know in other areas of my life I am very masculine, but at the same time I am realistic enough to know that bouncing up and down on a huge schlong like a pogo-stick is not the most masculine of activities lol

Totally agree with this. I don't feel demeaned by anything a top wants to do with me.

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

The only people whom allow that mentality to affect them are usually insecure. Those are not amongst the things I concern myself with on perception of "role in the relationship". I'm my partners' equal although I enjoy bottoming...

bav4

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I have no problem with being viewed as a woman. As someone above said, women are great people, and I actually prefer them as people and friends to men.

I would actually take that as a compliment if someone thought I was like a woman, I dont get why other men find it so offensive to be compared to women as though they are somehow inferior.

However having said that, merely bottoming in a gay relationship is not comparable to being a woman. There are lots of straight men who enjoy being pegged by women, so does that make the man a woman, and the woman an man in these situations? No it doesnt.

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honest answer: Most people are not 100% anything. I know some (strict) tops, who on occasion I hear through the gay grapevine, that Said-top, bottomed for a bottom. Also, there are bottom men, such as myself who enjoy toying, playing with, and fisting another bottom man. Rarely, I will fuck another dude, if he really wants me to. Sometimes, even if roles do not match, the (chemistry) might between 2 guys, which would lead to (some) sort of play, whatever the play may be.

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh and I would also like to mention something, to my straight brothers out there.

If I were ever going to be sexual with a man, no way I could be the taker. The thought of submitting to another man would be a real deal breaker. Psychologically I would think that as the taker you would have to see yourself being taken or dominated. I view men as dominant and women as passive/receptive. I can't get my mind to see another guy as a woman.

Just because a man is a (receptive), be it Oral. Anal. . whatever, doesn't mean the guy is any less Masculine. I know some Brick-Shit-house muscle body builder leathermen, who might take offense to the fact that just because they recieve, they might be viewed as fem. The Masc / Fem thing, doesn't always equate to (roles) in Gay sex. I know some 100% total tops to are some of the nelliest most effeminate guys out there.

It is my hope that some of you straight guys here, might learn something from your gay brothers by actually talking to us, and getting information directly from us versus stereotypes and what pop culture portrays gays as being.

I myself, consider myself to be a: Masculine, (receptive / bottom), gay man. I like. . I like working on cars, and getting my hands dirty. I wear (mens) clothing. I usually have some sort of facial hair and I do not man-scape my body hair. I often am attired in Carharts, Jeans, Black leather, Boots, and other masculine (gear).

No one is cut and dry, given what I said above, I will also add, that I am a human and a unique individual. I do have female friends who ask me to go out and go shopping, and do lunches with them, etc. . and usually I fall in the role as the (masculine) gay man who tells the str8 guys who do not respect the girls' boundries to back the fuck off, before they get hurt.

Just becasue a guy may be a bottom, doesn't mean he is effeminate or a Nelly-queen.

Mr. Slave

Reactions: SoaringSpirit

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh and I would also like to mention something, to my straight brothers out there.

Just because a man is a (receptive), be it Oral. Anal. . whatever, doesn't mean the guy is any less Masculine. I know some Brick-Shit-house muscle body builder leathermen, who might take offense to the fact that just because they recieve, they might be viewed as fem. The Masc / Fem thing, doesn't always equate to (roles) in Gay sex. I know some 100% total tops to are some of the nelliest most effeminate guys out there.

It is my hope that some of you straight guys here, might learn something from your gay brothers by actually talking to us, and getting information directly from us versus stereotypes and what pop culture portrays gays as being.

I myself, consider myself to be a: Masculine, (receptive / bottom), gay man. I like. . I like working on cars, and getting my hands dirty. I wear (mens) clothing. I usually have some sort of facial hair and I do not man-scape my body hair. I often am attired in Carharts, Jeans, Black leather, Boots, and other masculine (gear).

No one is cut and dry, given what I said above, I will also add, that I am a human and a unique individual. I do have female friends who ask me to go out and go shopping, and do lunches with them, etc. . and usually I fall in the role as the (masculine) gay man who tells the str8 guys who do not respect the girls' boundries to back the fuck off, before they get hurt.

Just becasue a guy may be a bottom, doesn't mean he is effeminate or a Nelly-queen.

Mr. Slave

True, but that's not what spaox was saying, I don't think. He was only talking about anal sex, and that the role of bottom in it is the more feminine role. He didn't go on to say that everything else about someone who bottoms is feminine. He was just pointing out the fact that most people, including myself, perceive the bottom role as the more feminine, in comparison with the top. You can try to jazz things up all you want but that's the truth

MisterSlave

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess I'll let this thread die, and just say. . I am an aggressive, dominant, MASCULINE bottom, who does not feel feminine in any way taking a dudes cock. . I am a dude being fucked by another dude. . plain and simple. . however the top justifies in his own head, the roles. . is his deal.

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have to agree with my friend MisterSlave, that gay sex, and all aspects of it, is a very masculine thing to behold. There are some gay tops out there that would scare the hell outta straight man in some dark alley at night. Whatever gay sex role you identify with, will be different from man, to man, to man,to man. Don't try and tell a buffed top, who works out with weights every day, that he's something less of a "MAN" because he fucks men's asses. You'll liable to find yourself embedded in some brick wall. God love the gay tops of the world.:biggrin1::biggrin1::wink:

Mr. Slave[/QUOTE]

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess I'll let this thread die, and just say. . I am an aggressive, dominant, MASCULINE bottom, who does not feel feminine in any way taking a dudes cock. . I am a dude being fucked by another dude. . plain and simple. . however the top justifies in his own head, the roles. . is his deal.

And I adore you, my friend. :rolleyes::biggrin1:

kevind33

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel like this is a label but some guys just don't get that feeling from getting fucked so some love to get fucked.But i feel like if your vers you have the best of both worlds because you can always change it up with your partner. But thats just me

Reactions: WillyLong

Amaethon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm versatile.

I don't think it's an appropriate thing at all to ask someone first. That's like going up to you and asking you if you like to suck cock or not. Would you be comfortable with someone asking you that?

Top and bottom being masculine or feminine is really just a product of people's expectations of what popular culture (yes, even the so-called LGBT culture) likes to perpetuate.

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm versatile.

I don't think it's an appropriate thing at all to ask someone first. That's like going up to you and asking you if you like to suck cock or not. Would you be comfortable with someone asking you that?

Top and bottom being masculine or feminine is really just a product of people's expectations of what popular culture (yes, even the so-called LGBT culture) likes to perpetuate.

Well we're all gay/bi/straight/bicurious/etc men and we're just trying to figure out if we're compatible or not without wasting time. I guess versatiles would be most offended by the directness of this question because they aren't really concerned much about roles anyway. But tops and bottoms don't seem to be offended or care, in my experience. But on the other hand, if you are really vers, wouldn't you want to know beforehand if a guy is also vers or not, before you have a long emotionally/sexually involved conversation with him just to find out he's bottom only, or top only?

Last edited:

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was starting to get involved with one guy who was a total top. Before we got to those questions, things seem to be moving into a serious situation with the two of us until he asked that question. I told him I didn't know because at the time I never done penetration with another male. But I would be leaning towards being verse top. I did say thought that if I was going to bottom, I better as hell top also. He didn't like that one bit and the idea of trying to compromise for an equal role in the bedroom annoyed him and that ended the whole aspect of us getting romantically involved. Since then I decided if i were going to get involved with anyone in a relationship, it would have to be verse. I'm not dealing with that whole top/bottom thing, especially if I like equal roles and enjoy both. My bf was a verse top, but topped more but had no issues being completely verse when we met and started dating.