Top or Bottom

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by hackalive, Dec 24, 2009.

1. hackalive

hackalive Member

Hey bi/gay guys, how did you decide if you were a top or bottom guy, and would you ever consider swapping, and why only top or bottom, do you enjoy it more than the other?

Just curious
    season greetings

2. avg_joe

Gold Member

It depends on my boyfriend. I can do both for him.

3. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love, love love to be the bottom. I can count on one hand the times I've topped...not as exciting for me. Can't really say what exactly makes me love bottoming but all those sensations I get are awesome.

4. Capitolhillguy

Capitolhillguy Active Member

Albums:
    What do you call yourself if you only do oral and never anal? There is always the presumption in gay sex that oral is only foreplay but for some of us it is the main course.

5. gbwisguy13

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I decided that I was a really a bottom by having the opportunity to try both top/bottom. I really can't turn away from being the bottom and will only top sometiems for my bf if he wants it. So, really I wouldn't swap being a bottom for anything.

6. ruggerkit28

ruggerkit28 Active Member

Albums:
    100% top, i tried bottoming a couple of times, didn't do anything for me.

but as Capitolhillguy says, oral, oral, oral, for me is the way to go

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I started as a total top and was really curious about how it felt to bottom. Over time and with a few trusted and careful partners and fuck buddies, I learned to be more versatile. Now I am completely versatile and enjoy both topping and bottoming (with my man). Only a select few men other than my husband have ever topped me--I can count them on one hand.

You could be an oral bottom if you preferred sucking rather than being sucked. Or an oral top, if the preference runs in the other direction. Depends. Does that make sense?

8. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

Then some of you need a better restaurant or diet... :biggrin1::tongue::wink:

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Overall ended up Versatile
    altho my Preference was bottom
    A former partner was a very gentle top .. and that suited me just fine
    in saying that i did not entertain an aggressive top...he either accepted me as the top .. or no nookie'
    So that ended up .. no nookie/no anything ha true
    The way it is .....with me .. and no regrets either
    -best of festives to you also OP
    enz
    as for you Capitolhillguy
    ADMIRE yr Oral biz...GREAT i say mainly also as its not really my thing
    H/J,S Giving .. has always been a fav of mine.

10. ictguy

ictguy New Member

QUOTE=Lex
    You could be an oral bottom if you preferred sucking rather than being sucked. Or an oral top, if the preference runs in the other direction. Depends. Does that make sense?
    That makes sense to me. I'm very much an oral bottom and I don't expect any reciprocation from who I'm with. That's just the sub side of me. I do like getting head from guys,however just not as much from a top. I've felt like this since the first guy I was with. Just felt like I knew my role and my place. Now when it comes (pun ? hehe) to being with my girl I'm a total top so the spectrum is wide open.

11. nick1014

nick1014 New Member

Albums:
    Pretty versatile here and I usually end up going with whatever my partner likes best. I guess if I had to come down on one side or the other, I'd be 60% top and 40% bottom for fucking purposes, but anal stuff isn't really a big deal for me. On the oral side, the numbers are reversed: 60% oral bottom, 40% oral top. But the top/bttm thing isn't really a focus at all for me. Sex is about feeling good and making a connection, so as long as those two things happen for both of us, I don't care about positions.

12. blooeyz

blooeyz New Member

I'm more of a cock than an ass man. I like oral the better than topping or bottoming.

13. RalDudeHangin

RalDudeHangin Member

I've only been with a few guys but each fuck bud I've been with for a few years at a time. The first dude I was new to m2m sex and preferred top. Had not interest in being penetrated. The second dude, was a bit more dom than the first. He basically introduced me to being sub. With that came btm'ing. He wasn't a good top tho. I didn't enjoy it much - it was out right painful at times. The third guy I was with over the years is a top and good at it. He could pound me forever (after he warmed me up). I do enjoy btm more than top. For me its the sub thing. I get off on the top getting off. If I'm fucked face down, I can hump the bed and cum while being fucked. With his weight fully on top of me, makes for an awesome nut.

14. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm with fratpack. My first time with a guy, he explained to me that he was top-only (and what 'top' and 'bottom' even meant :redface: ), and said, "With an ass like that, you're always GONNA get fucked at some point, so you should just learn now."
    I asked, "What do you mean?"
    "When you start meeting guys, you'll find out how fuckable you are."

I didn't really get it, and in some ways, I still don't. It's rare that I find asses attractive, but(t) every once in a while I see one that even I think, "Oh, I'd tap/top THAT!"

15. Torque8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I got into bi-relationships rather innocently via the course of muscle worship sessions with a couple of buds. Have never bottomed or sucked another guy off. Uncut cocks intrigue me (as I'm cut) much more than size, tho I've never had the urge to put one in my mouth. Kissing, licking and sucking mouths, ears, pits, pecs, abs and crotches is really more my thing.

16. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Choose? Is there a choice... I thought that it's similar to sexuality and can't be decided. You DECIDE whenever you do either of both, but I'm not sure preferences can be changed... You cannot choose if you enjoy it or not, you may choose a partner who can make one or the other enjoyable but..... ugh...

I'm still virgin, but I can already tell I'm versatile with a slight preference for topping. I sometimes like the fantasy of giving someone pleasure, but a bit more often enjoy the fantasy of being given pleasure and being dominant.

Well but who knows, it might depend with whom I'll be having sex, what that person will want... But I really don't think it's something one has a choice of, that's like having a choice if you like apples or bananas... if it was a choice you'd choose depending on what you'd get to eat. And believe me I heard of people breaking up their relationships just because one was 100% top and the other one was 90% bottom... 10% blew the couple apart!

17. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

If I'm fucking a guy, I'm a top, but part of it for me is bringing pleasure to the guy who is taking my cock. There's just something so hot about knowing your cock is hitting a guy's sensitive pleasure spots in an intimate way like that!

18. B_kracker

B_kracker New Member

I top and bottom..but really like to bottom..getting nailed and having a spent limp cock laying in my ass is just the greatest sensation...as far as toping my cock is not very sensitive never has been I just don't get much from topping, I would just as soon j/o with a guy if he's not into fucking

19. briman

briman Member

usually top for me i have to admit i like womens asses more often but their are some guys who have great butts to however if its tight and the guy is built, works out like guys who are in shape it feels so good esp if i can really pound him i have had guys were it feels so good putting my cock in and then every stroke i awesome, tight pussy is great also i love fucking. as for being fucked i can be fun if i can get off and the guy is not huge i marvel at guys i am banging that dont even flinch no pain, with me it hurts and if it hurts too much i not into it on oral i love both giving and receving

20. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well id like to think of myself as vers. but as some one else said on here, i can count how many times ov topped on one hand :-/

for me its not a conscious decision being a bottom, i still want to top more some time, but the only thing with me is that iv been with some many top guys that im always the bottom :) not that i mind at all because i love bottoming just wish i could top a little more often...

Draft saved Draft deleted