Topping bareback

josh91

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys, I hate that this is my first post here, but I'm kinda worried. I am a 20 year old university student and have a hard time meeting guys on campus, so I hookup online. There is this grad student at my school that I've been talking to quite a bit and we decided to finally fuck. I knew that he was HIV positive (he claims his viral load is undetectable and he's on drug therapy) and he made it clear that he would only top me with a condom, but I could top him without one. When we met up we decided that I would fuck him so I slid on a condom and went to work. After a while I got bored (I can't feel much through a condom) so I pulled out, ripped off the condom, and started fucking him bareback. When I got close to having an orgasm I asked him what he wanted me to do, he said he wanted me to cum in him, so I did.

I know it was very, very stupid of me to risk my health like this, but I was horny and was only thinking in the moment. Earlier that evening I had trimmed and shaved around by cock, and nicked myself in a few places. Now I am sort of worried that I could have contracted HIV.

Does anyone have any advice? Anything to calm my fears?

~Josh

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
the transmission rate is lower, but in all honesty, i would never take that chance. honestly, it amazes me that, in this day and age of information, people would still put themselves at risk like this. i work in a pharmacy with a lot of hiv+/aids patients.

this may be harsh, but what the fuck is wrong with you?

GET TESTED A-SAP!...dude, you should of known better. I hope and pray that you didnt contracted the virus.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your trim didn't affect your risk, but foregoing using a condom sure did.

On the plus side, it's much more difficult for tops to become infected, though it happens, obviously. The other factor is that studies seem to be confirming that an undetectable viral load makes passing the virus almost impossible, though that's only applicable if he was telling the truth. Seeing as he was so upfront about his status, the chances that he was telling the truth seem greater.

None of this means that your encounter was risk-free. You should get tested at 13 weeks post-exposure, though a test at six weeks is an excellent indicator.

Good luck.

jusright

Legendary Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No it wasn't clever to take it off but it's done.Go and get some advice from a sexual health clinic. what little I know is that it's statistically riskier if yr on the passive end but u can still get it if yr giving it. Usually u need to be regularly exposed to contract it. But some do pick it up from one offs.
Bear in mind it can take up to 3 months b4 it shows in yr system so depending on when this happened taking a test may not be the right thing to do. Hope this helps. :)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Ugh. I know how you feel. You get caught up in the heat of the moment, wind up having unprotected sex with someone you shouldn't (i.e. anyone you aren't in a committed relationship with), and then panic afterwards.

I was fortunate enough not to knock up any of the randoms who insisted that they loved "bare sex" and were on the pill - let alone catch anything from them. And none of them had admitted to me that they were HIV+, something that would have stopped me in my tracks.

Get tested in 13 weeks, and hopefully this experience will instil some common sense into you for future encounters.

bimetaldude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
that does not sound good. i have never done anal but swallowed a lot of loads from 95-2004 and had a lot of once encounters with women in the 80s and 90s. i tested myself first time in 2004 and was petrified. it was negative. been tested 10 times in total since then. i would bareback - i am considered a bottom. if i knew my partner was negative.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is done is done. As many others had said, please have yourself tested. It takes a while for the test results to come out, and it also takes some time for the virus to show, if you happen to be unlucky enough to catch it.

In the meantime and until you know you are clear, you may wish to take extra precautions with other sex partners who may come your way.

Best of luck to you.

avengoid1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Like people have said, it takes a while for the virus to reach detectable levels, and this time varies from person to person. There are a lot of suggestions here to get tested after 13 weeks. I believe the virus can be dectected as soon as 6 weeks after. Best thing to do is go to a clinic, explain your situation, and do what they say.

And wear condoms.

Best of luck to you.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PEP! Post-Exposure Prophylaxis.

I don't know how it works in the USA but in the UK you'd go to a sexual health clinic or the Accident and Emergency department of a hospital. They prick your finger for a drop of blood which is tested for HIV antibodies, result within one hour. If the result is negative (i.e. you weren't already unknowingly infected) a one-month course of anti-retroviral drugs is prescribed and you start taking them immediately.

PEP needs to be commenced as early as possible after potential exposure and is likely to be inefective after a delay of 72 hours (three days). You will need to rigidly adhere to the drug regime and will probably be prescribed anti-nausea and anti-diarrhoea medication to deal with it's side-effects.

You will be tested again at the end of the treatment, at three months after exposure and finally at six months (PEP can delay the production of antibodies when it has not been effective). You must regard yourself as potentially positive until a negative six month test and observe safer-sex precautions with all your partners until then.

Don't stop to think about it, get straight to a clinic or hospital now. Time is of the essence. Health professionals will assess whether PEP is appropriate in your case.

Reactions: Rcster

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
^ I agree. MY cousin did this - unknowingly topped a + guy and found out after it was over. He went to the emergency room immediately and they did this PEP test which goes down to your very DNA for immediate results. He was negative and continues to be negative. Yes, it's less risky to be a top but shit happens. I was out the other day at a local park where, in a secluded area, men lay out naked and sometimes hook up. I was laying there eyes closed when I guy came up and started talking to me. He was a thin older guy with a missing front tooth. He came over and started stroking me which I allowed. He then started kissing/licking the head of my cock (I have a PA so it's an attraction) but he never went completely down on me. He did however try to sit on top of me without a condom. His ass was already lubed. But I pushed him away and said no thanks. He just walked off.

Now I have a soar throat and wondering if it is just allergies (grass and pollen kill me) or the blowjob. A friend said however that anything from the BJ takes more than a day to show up - usually 5 days to a week.

psguy64

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Excellent advice based upon experience. Altho I do not bb with anyone unless
in a long term mono relationship, I consider myself a bottom.

D_Phil_R_Upp

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was part of a long-running university HIV study and the rates for a guy who is topping to be infected with HIV are very low. They had data from 20+ years and 10K+ participants and the infection rate was less than one quarter of one percent.

Having said that, it's just not wise to do, especially if the guy is poz. Even if you avoid HIV there are a host of other STD's.

Take a deep breath and learn from this. No orgasm is worth this kind of worry.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your trim didn't affect your risk, but foregoing using a condom sure did.

On the plus side, it's much more difficult for tops to become infected, though it happens, obviously. The other factor is that studies seem to be confirming that an undetectable viral load makes passing the virus almost impossible, though that's only applicable if he was telling the truth. Seeing as he was so upfront about his status, the chances that he was telling the truth seem greater.

None of this means that your encounter was risk-free. You should get tested at 13 weeks post-exposure, though a test at six weeks is an excellent indicator.

Good luck.

Like people have said, it takes a while for the virus to reach detectable levels, and this time varies from person to person. There are a lot of suggestions here to get tested after 13 weeks. I believe the virus can be dectected as soon as 6 weeks after. Best thing to do is go to a clinic, explain your situation, and do what they say.

And wear condoms.

Best of luck to you.

PEP! Post-Exposure Prophylaxis.

I don't know how it works in the USA but in the UK you'd go to a sexual health clinic or the Accident and Emergency department of a hospital. They prick your finger for a drop of blood which is tested for HIV antibodies, result within one hour. If the result is negative (i.e. you weren't already unknowingly infected) a one-month course of anti-retroviral drugs is prescribed and you start taking them immediately.

PEP needs to be commenced as early as possible after potential exposure and is likely to be inefective after a delay of 72 hours (three days). You will need to rigidly adhere to the drug regime and will probably be prescribed anti-nausea and anti-diarrhoea medication to deal with it's side-effects.

You will be tested again at the end of the treatment, at three months after exposure and finally at six months (PEP can delay the production of antibodies when it has not been effective). You must regard yourself as potentially positive until a negative six month test and observe safer-sex precautions with all your partners until then.

Don't stop to think about it, get straight to a clinic or hospital now. Time is of the essence. Health professionals will assess whether PEP is appropriate in your case.

the transmission rate is lower, but in all honesty, i would never take that chance. honestly, it amazes me that, in this day and age of information, people would still put themselves at risk like this. i work in a pharmacy with a lot of hiv+/aids patients.

this may be harsh, but what the fuck is wrong with you?
all of thiese. Get tested NOW, get PEP, get retested at six weeks, 13 weeks, 6 months and one year.

Hopefully you are still neg, and remember this fear for the next time you decide to let the little head do the thinking. Also check into different styles of condoms. There are some that are amazingly non sensation reducing.

And though I did find the WTF q from surferboy to be a tad harsh, I also thought it immediately. Just follow the advic given.

Hope you are ok.

josh91

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for all the comments. This happened 4.5 days ago so I guess I've missed the period for PEP. The health center at my university is closed over the weekend during the summer, so this morning would have been the first time I could get in :/. I guess I'm less concerned now that I know the risk was very, very low.

On another note, the HIV rapid testing program that I normally go to every 5-6 weeks is run through the local health department. They use 10 minute rapid tests from finger pricks and say that they are accurate 30 days post exposure. There's a huge difference between 30 days and the 13 weeks that is referenced in this thread...

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey guys, I hate that this is my first post here, but I'm kinda worried. I am a 20 year old university student and have a hard time meeting guys on campus, so I hookup online. There is this grad student at my school that I've been talking to quite a bit and we decided to finally fuck. I knew that he was HIV positive (he claims his viral load is undetectable and he's on drug therapy) and he made it clear that he would only top me with a condom, but I could top him without one. When we met up we decided that I would fuck him so I slid on a condom and went to work. After a while I got bored (I can't feel much through a condom) so I pulled out, ripped off the condom, and started fucking him bareback. When I got close to having an orgasm I asked him what he wanted me to do, he said he wanted me to cum in him, so I did.

I know it was very, very stupid of me to risk my health like this, but I was horny and was only thinking in the moment. Earlier that evening I had trimmed and shaved around by cock, and nicked myself in a few places. Now I am sort of worried that I could have contracted HIV.

Does anyone have any advice? Anything to calm my fears?

~Josh

this is the most retarded thing ive ever heard

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks for all the comments. This happened 4.5 days ago so I guess I've missed the period for PEP. The health center at my university is closed over the weekend during the summer, so this morning would have been the first time I could get in :/. I guess I'm less concerned now that I know the risk was very, very low.

On another note, the HIV rapid testing program that I normally go to every 5-6 weeks is run through the local health department. They use 10 minute rapid tests from finger pricks and say that they are accurate 30 days post exposure. There's a huge difference between 30 days and the 13 weeks that is referenced in this thread...

Unless it's been changed very recently, the 13 week potential incubation period comes from the CDC, and it's known to be extremely conservative. When I was a contributing member of AIDSmeds/POZ, I was one of about five members deemed qualified to counsel people in their Am I Infected? forum, where we discussed risk scenarios precisely like this. The response I posted earlier is essentially identical to what I'd have posted there.

It's worth noting that throughout the EU and the state of Massachusetts six weeks is sufficient for the overwhelming majority of cases and is considered definitive. Thirty days is news to me, but I am slightly out of the loop since discontinuing my membership at Am/POZ about two years ago, so it's possible that the tests have been improved.

Personally I'd expect that you'll get a negative result, but you have my deepest consideration and empathy should you wind up otherwise: good luck.

southeastone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Having lost two good friends to aids back in the days when we did not know I find it amazing that we are still reading this kind of stupidity today....my biggest worry is not for the poster who obviously does not care for his own health but for any future partners he has who are unaware of his sexual history. Sorry but this is my opinion and I think both he and the guy who allowed him to bb him need to be ashamed of themselves.

They should both be made to work in the clinics of old with people dying as a result of the actions of their dicks.