Torn about holiday plans (aka another Xmas thread)

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holiday time can be stressful, plus you are recovering at the moment. Honestly, go only if you feel up to going. If not stay home and rest, I'm sure your extended family will understand.

Some families don't "understand" the above statement. They take great offense when you don't show up for family gatherings and it doesn't matter whether you're half dead or not. The only time it's okay is when it's one of their own.

I know, I was part of one of these families for 17 years.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm having a good day and after I saw just how flat my tummy is after this surgery I just felt even more compelled to get dressed and see how I could fit in things I haven't in years and I feel so slobby being laid up in bed that I got gussied up.

Hubs should be here any minute to come get his girls....he just doesn't know I got ready. I can't wait to see the look on his face!

I'll let you know how it goes!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's wonderful that you feel so good about yourself! I hope that you have a nice time there and I'd love to know how it went.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
2 hours.

That's all I could take. And the last 30 minutes I laid down in the guest bedroom to try to muffle the screaming children. It sounds like a crazy day at the McDonald's Playground with only two kids. Everyone understood when we had to go. A little of that goes a long way. Plus I made out with some pretty neato gifts. Glad I did it. Now we are just sitting out some Scotch and Cashews for "Santa" and then it shall be a nice bit of quiet time. Then we do it all over again tomorrow at my parents. LOL

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yay for you! Glad it went so well for you - you got good food, you look great AND you got prezzies!

Merry Christmas, sweetie!

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Rouge, 2 days in a row? You are going to be sooooo tired. :smile: Take some comfy bottoms that you can change into and lay down when you get tired. Be sure and take your pain meds as well. You may think you won't need them but your body will tell you that you do. I'm really glad to read that you are doing so well one week after surgery. :biggrin:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I soft comfy pair of jammy pants, a long sleeve shirt and some of the most beautiful hair pretties (as I called them when I was a toddler)

That sounds nice. :smile:

I'm glad that they were understanding about you needing to leave.

Last edited: