Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been wondering about some members of the site in that area. Of course, if the power lines are down and the roofs are gone from their houses, we are probably not going to hear about it from them, at least for a while. :eek:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Our power, cable TV, and internet went out three times this week. Some falling trees destroyed homes, and hail broke the windshields of almost every car in my neighborhood. Fortunately, I was in the next town, where damage wasn't quite as severe.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Power, cable/ internet have all been on and off here in NC for the past couple of days. So far today there's just a lot of wind and grumbles, but we are still under a torando warning. So everything's going good here, my thoughts are with those that have been impacted by the storm.

CuteBoiSAV

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It got windy here, that's about it. As they usually do, the storms broke up on approach. (something about this Georgia knook that keeps us here safe.)

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the 273 dead, and anyone touched by these storms.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our power, cable TV, and internet went out three times this week. Some falling trees destroyed homes, and hail broke the windshields of almost every car in my neighborhood. Fortunately, I was in the next town, where damage wasn't quite as severe.

Eeek! Glad you made it OK.

chatterbox2010

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa area was hit really hard and then the same cell moved its way into GA (where i'm from) and killed several people here too. We are under a state of emergency in a few counties north of me. Sad sad stuff.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The storms have devastated people, families, communities, and the nation. Two weeks ago, a series of tornados crippled North Carolina. Not fully understanding the magnitude and severity these storms would cause, our state was not prepared for what was to come. Fortunately, for me, I survived the storm with no damages. Sadly though, my parent's home was significantly damaged and it does not seem that help or repairs will come nearly soon enough. But those things can be replaced.

As I sat last night worried about the approaching storm coming yet again from the south and wondering what potential devastation it would inflict, I had no idea of the horrific turmoil others were presently enduring. As I've sat and watched the news, my heart aches. People have lost so much. Communities have completely been demolished. Lives destroyed. Children left desolate and alone...

Even through our sorrows and distress in NC, we are blessed. The sentiment, "I don't know how anyone survived," adequately describes my disbelief in what I have seen. How does one survive such an atrocity? I cannot phantom what those who have been affected are enduring. All I can do is pray for them. But even still, I felt helpless, again, but in a more dreaded way. It is a difficult feeling to be helpless and even worse, unhelpful…

I hope that people remember those who are suffering and offer assistance in whatever way you can. My parents, who practically lost their home, felt it imperative today to send donations to Alabama to help others. They’ve realized and have taught me that material things can be replaced but life cannot. In the infinite wisdom of my mother “…even though you suffer, someone else is suffering more.”

If you can, please help in whatever way you can to these families and communities. They need food, water, clothing, medical supplies, and your prayers....

atlsouth7

Experimental Member
Media
I'm in west GA and we dodged the really destructive storms that devastated AL and north GA. We had an hour and a half last night with continuous lightning/thunder the weather people says sometimes goes with a tornado and got abt 2 inches rain, no hail though. Thoughts and prayers to those directly affected though.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's estimated that this was the longest tornado touch down in history...something like 213 miles on the ground and up to a mile wide. My family is in the metro Atlanta area and one brother is north of the city...they are all ok.

This is what's going on in my neighborhood...

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's estimated that this was the longest tornado touch down in history...something like 213 miles on the ground and up to a mile wide. My family is in the metro Atlanta area and one brother is north of the city...they are all ok.

This is what's going on in my neighborhood...

Hmmm, just seeing the top photo, I say your city is in trouble, with the city planners building under-water... Sheesh!

CuteBoiSAV

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Update from SC.... we just got double tapped, for lack of a better phrase. The first set of storms collapsed just before 4pm, but we are getting some nasty wind and rain now, and the sky is deciding to be a weird yellow color. (it's still raining so I'm not thinkin' tornado, been through enough to know what to look for.)

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One of the authors at my press has her street flooded and tree on the power lines so no electric. She is going to McDonalds to use their wifi and reassure us that she's alive and well. That's Alabama...

Nudeyorker is wise to be scared. I celebrated my birthday in the storm cellar more than once due to tornado warnings, as a kid. But they don't usually start up this early in the year.

Last edited:

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This year has been very wild with storms that is for sure. A friend mine that lives in SC is so afraid with all these storms she can't sleep. The family is talking about moving to Seattle now.

My thoughts and prayers are with those in the South that are going through these storms.

D_Adam_Baldwon

Account Disabled
Media
Now I've heard the death toll is near or about 300 people, it depends what source I'm reading. It's just shocking to see that big of a death toll in modern times. Usually a death toll like that happened before people had any warning at all. But they said even with 24 minutes warning it wasn't enough for some to seek appropriate shelter. My thoughts and prayers to those who were effected.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hello from tornado ravaged North Alabama. My area (the top two counties in NW Alabama) faired pretty good in comparison to all of the surrounding counties. A county south of us is reporting 150+ deaths (Franklin county, AL....Phil Campbell, Hackleburg in particular), but the numbers haven't been confirmed by the officials from the state. There are trees down on houses within 2 blocks of my house. Actually watch a funnel cloud form and go over the house, but thankfully minimal damage. We were without power until late last night, and we are the lucky ones. Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant was damaged, and 90% of the power lines that run to the Huntsville Metro area (around 600k people) were destroyed, therefore 100's of thousands people are without power and water indefinately. We're running out of gas, and since we are the largest area not totally demolished in Northern Alabama, everyone from surrounding areas are flocking here. We're running out of food, gas, and bottled water now. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. We are far from out of the woods. Expect the death toll in Alabama to well exceed 200 people over the next couple of days, as there are still hundreds, if not thousands of people still unaccounted for or missing (including some non-immediate family members of my own). God speed