Tot Killed for Bad Manners!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Mother's lawyer: Child killed for failing to say 'please'

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- The stepfather of a 2-year-old girl lost control and beat her to death because she wouldn't say "please" and "yes sir," an attorney for the girl's mother said Wednesday.

A body found last month in Galveston Bay is believed to be that of the little girl, Riley Ann Sawyers, though DNA tests are pending.

Her mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, and stepfather, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, were arrested Saturday.

Trenor's attorney, Tommy Stickler Jr., also said Wednesday that Trenor is pregnant.
    According to court documents, Trenor, 19, told police she and her husband killed the girl in July and hid her body in a shed before dumping it in the bay.

Stickler said Zeigler, 24, was overwhelmed by his sudden fatherhood and didn't know what behavior to expect from a toddler. Trenor moved with her daughter from Mentor, Ohio, to Texas in June to be with Zeigler, whom she met online.

Zeigler wanted his wife to spank Riley with a belt when she failed to say things like "please" and "yes sir" or "no sir," Stickler said Wednesday. Zeigler didn't believe Trenor was doing it, however, because the 2-year-old's behavior wasn't changing.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch Riley's grandmother recall "a very wonderful little girl" ยป

The fatal beating happened after Zeigler stayed home from work to make sure his wife was following his discipline plan, Stickler said.

In her statement to Galveston authorities, Trenor said the girl was beaten with leather belts, had her head held underwater in a bathtub and then was thrown across a room, her head slamming into a tile floor.

Although the affidavit said the couple abused Riley over a four- to six-hour period, Stickler said it wasn't a continuous event. Instead, Zeigler grew increasingly enraged as he spanked Riley and she kept forgetting to do things the way he wanted.
    "There was never an intention to beat Riley to death," he said.

At one point, Trenor wanted to call an ambulance but Zeigler wouldn't let her, saying they would both be arrested if officials saw her injuries, Stickler said. Instead, Riley was given some over-the-counter pain medication.

When Riley later stopped breathing, Zeigler performed CPR on her tiny body, Stickler said.

Neal Davis III, Zeigler's attorney, said Trenor's story isn't believable.

"She is placing all the blame on Royce, but I think that once the facts come to light, once the timeline's established and the evidence is combed through ... I think her credibility is gonna become a big issue," Davis said.

Trenor and Ziegler were arrested after investigators spent weeks trying to identify the girl they dubbed "Baby Grace," whose body was found in a plastic box floating in Galveston Bay. Riley's paternal grandmother in Ohio had called police, thinking a sketch of the dead child might have been the granddaughter she hadn't seen in months.

Trenor and Zeigler remained jailed Wednesday on charges of injury to a child and tampering with evidence. Bail was set at $350,000 each.

2. No_Strings

Gold Member

Everyday, a license for parenthood seems more and more amicable. :mad:

3. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

DEATH PENALTY

:AR15firing:
    :AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing:

4. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I'm a fan of enforced sterilization / scrotum slashing after reading this. Seriously, parenthood is overwhelming, but there's a lot more brewing under the surface if a father can inflict so much abuse on a child before realizing what he's doing.

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I can sympathise with a parent who's snapped in a moment of anger and just lashed out with one hard slap, what I can't understand is a parent who subjects their child to this kind of relentless abuse.

6. odd_fish_9

odd_fish_9 New Member

The charges don't seem to match the story very well. One or the other needs serious revision.

7. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Yeah, you'd have to be awfully estranged from your own humanity.

8. againredundant

againredundant New Member

Here in Texas we are often criticized for leading the nation in death penalty cases and executions. Given the issues that surround capital murder cases I think it should be a punishment sparingly imposed and only when the evidence is overwhelming and the crime horrendous.

As a Texan I will be proud to add this one to the list however.

9. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

I'm of the opinion that use of the death penalty only further removes us all from having respect for life itself and it only serves our primitive sense of vengeance. Our actions speak louder than words. We talk of how so many of us are 'pro-life', but support war and the death penalty. Killing anyone, including murderers, is not being the example of how we would rather people behave. If we devalue life in this manner then we become no better than those who fall under the death penalty themselves.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

I see your point; but I still feel people like that stepfather need killing!

I dont want my tax dollars being spent to keep him a alive.

Single moms that marry angry, psycho monsters like this guy; and stay with them knowing that their children are being hurt need to be slapped up side the head.:mad: Many women feel that a bad man is better than no man at all and that just isn't true.

It;s harder to get a fishing license than a marriage license in most states. Maybe we should switch that around . . .

11. Osiris

Gold Member

Let's set the headline straight for starters...

TOT KILLED FOR BEING A TOT

I have a little guy and a little girl. They both get willful and at times they can be downroght rude. Does that mean I beat them to death? Of course not. If I did that everytime my kid was defiant or flippant? They would be dead 10 times over.

This stepdad? No, he deosn't deserve that title. The "spermsack" who married this child's "delivery apparatus" should die and the "delivery apparatus should spend the rest of her life locked in a cell surrounded by pictures of her dead daughter. And even though I am not a big one on abortion for the sake of abortion, PLEASE do not let her have the child she is currently pregnant with.

12. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Hooray for the Lone Star State.

I am pro life except for rare cases, I support the war and the death penalty. Murderers don't deserve to live. Did this man show respect for that child? He deprived someone of life and left friends and loved ones to suffer. A murderer's life should be devalued especially when he/she kills an innocent child or anyone for that matter. Call it primitive or uncivilized but he made a choice--a bad one. He should have thought before he acted.

13. ratone1

ratone1 New Member

PLEASE LET ME PULL THE LEVER ON THE ELECTRIC CHAIR

14. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Just a further example of the casual and monstrous cruelty we are all becoming more immune to year by year. What can you do, you know, unless you actually witness it happening?

15. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

So you think the state should kill the unborn child before the mother gets the chance to? What about foster care? :confused:

16. Osiris

Gold Member

I would prefer to make sure the baby was fully adopted, but there is no guarantee. The foster care system is so badly overburdened and broken that I could not stand to add another child to it. On the upside, infants get adopted first. We would just have to hope she doesn't go on a parent quest when she gets old enough to.

17. sortofbigthen

sortofbigthen New Member

Yes, because this story really suggests Texas needs more violence...

18. B_Sativa

B_Sativa New Member

In a dry flat land out west! Las Vegas, NV
    The mother is just as much at fault for allowing him to treat her child in that manner. Sometimes a woman is better off single....than allowing a man to beat her children or disapline them in a way that she is not comfortable with. I don't want my tax dollars supporting either one of them...hate to say it but probably already was supporting all three of them. What is happening to our society?

19. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

There are alternatives to the death penalty that would entirely remove the financial burden from the tax payers but that would mean prison reform and there are so many people making money from the way prisons are currently being run those people would lobby to prevent it from changing. The tax payers are being made to believe that it's an either/or problem without ever being told that a third alternative exists. That's typical though of the system we live in.

20. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

You say you're pro-life but feel that you have the ability to determine that someone "deserves" death. No, he did not show respect for the life of a child and in return you will show him that you are no better than he is should you support the death penalty.

A murderer is still a human being and he will learn nothing if you kill him.

You support the war. Innocent people are being killed there without discrimination. That's murder. Your support for the war supports the killing of innocent people, including children. That is no better than supporting the man who killed his own child whom you now supported killing.

You're a contradiction and unfortunately a typical one.

Draft saved Draft deleted