Tot Killed for Bad Manners!

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There isn't anything on this earth that can give justice to that poor little girl. That poor excuse of a step father and mother should receive the harshest sentence handed out by the courts.

againredundant

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Recently the choice of "life without parole" became an option for juries in Texas, so there is a chance that the case will not end with the death penalty. Within the last month someone locally was given that sentence after killing someone when the state wanted the death penalty. So it does happen.

As far as the idea that the death penalty is somehow just more violence and has some sort of moral equivalence to murder or abortion, I have to keep in mind a couple of points: First, neither the fetus nor the murder victim has done anything to deserve being killed. The murderer has earned the penalty. In this case, assuming the facts being reported are true, he has earned it several times over.

Second, the inherent sense of justice can justify the punishment. Would it have been justice to allow the Auschwitz guards to live until old age given what they had done? Would it in this case? A jury who will have to endure hearing the details of what happened will have to decide.

If we meted out merely revenge in full measure then we would be devaluing life, including our own. The death penalty, in extraordinary cases however, is justice. That it must be carried out in accordance with the constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment restrains the passions of the community and prevents defendants from being treated the way they treated their victims.

In Texas a plain old-fashioned murder cannot get you the death penalty. There have to be specific aggravating factors to get there. One of those is murdering a child. I don't know of any excuse for that crime, unless the defendant is truly insane and does not realize what he or she is doing.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DEATH PENALTY

:AR15firing:
:AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing::AR15firing:
I totally agree in crimes like this and in cases of murder (not self defense), rape, torturing another person.

People get angry yes, but in no way this child should have ever been treated that way.....Period! I hope both of the "parents" are punished severely!

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
There isn't anything on this earth that can give justice to that poor little girl. That poor excuse of a step father and mother should receive the harshest sentence handed out by the courts.

With nothing but 'belief' about justice in an afterlife which cannot be proved to exist at all, you set criminals free by the death penalty. They believed life had no value and you'll prove they were correct by taking theirs away from them. When we allow ourselves "retribution" and "death penalty" thinking of that kind it is the living who pay the price.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Recently the choice of "life without parole" became an option for juries in Texas, so there is a chance that the case will not end with the death penalty. Within the last month someone locally was given that sentence after killing someone when the state wanted the death penalty. So it does happen.

As far as the idea that the death penalty is somehow just more violence and has some sort of moral equivalence to murder or abortion, I have to keep in mind a couple of points: First, neither the fetus nor the murder victim has done anything to deserve being killed. The murderer has earned the penalty. In this case, assuming the facts being reported are true, he has earned it several times over.

Second, the inherent sense of justice can justify the punishment. Would it have been justice to allow the Auschwitz guards to live until old age given what they had done? Would it in this case? A jury who will have to endure hearing the details of what happened will have to decide.

If we meted out merely revenge in full measure then we would be devaluing life, including our own. The death penalty, in extraordinary cases however, is justice. That it must be carried out in accordance with the constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment restrains the passions of the community and prevents defendants from being treated the way they treated their victims.

In Texas a plain old-fashioned murder cannot get you the death penalty. There have to be specific aggravating factors to get there. One of those is murdering a child. I don't know of any excuse for that crime, unless the defendant is truly insane and does not realize what he or she is doing.

Murder is murder. Killing for retribution or vengeance is murder as well, and so is the death penalty even when it is the state that does it. There is no escaping it and no way to justify it either. There are things worse than death, quite often life is worse than death. To give someone death is to get rid of them as if their life didn't have any more meaning than the one they took, and if that's the case then our lives mean nothing either.

On a related note:
I often find it fascinating that so many Christians are pro-death penalty. What part of "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you" and "Love your enemies" do Christians not understand?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This makes me sick to my stomach. If I hear of one more boyfriend, stepfather or other freak who should not be around children killing someone's child, I am going to puke. Recently, there was a case of a little boy who was beaten for almost 20 hours by his mother's boyfriend while she was over in Iraq. THe father was as well. Why did this fool have access to the children? When women allow children to be hurt because they just have to have a man, they need to strapped into the chair right along with that freak of whom they are so enamoured .

THere was a case near me of a young girl who was adopted by my cousin's best friend and her freak of a husband. He, in fact, requested that they adopt a little girl. WHen they broke up, she kept sending the little girl over for visitation with him over the child's violent protestations. It all broke when Oprah had a program on childhood sexual abuse and she started screaming at the top of her lungs, "I am going to tell everyone what you have been doing to me". She had to be put in a psyche ward. We told her fool of an adopted mother not to marry that trash in the first place, but she just had to have him. The little girl freaked out at her adoptive father's parents' house. Ironically, his own sister years before had accused her father of the same thing. Mother dear threw her out of the house for lying about her man! Well, when the child was examined it was shown that she had been raped anally, vaginally and orally by this fool. Her mother then fell out on the floor. If I had been there, I would have kicked her and thrown some water on her to wake her up. THere is no way she couldnt have known that a tiny little girl like that wasnt being abused .Her ex was a great big man. THe little girl is now grown, but she will never be able to have children thanks to the monster she once called dad. When I heard what had happened, my hand itched for a butcher knife....:mad:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There are alternatives to the death penalty that would entirely remove the financial burden from the tax payers but that would mean prison reform and there are so many people making money from the way prisons are currently being run those people would lobby to prevent it from changing. The tax payers are being made to believe that it's an either/or problem without ever being told that a third alternative exists. That's typical though of the system we live in.

Curious. What is the 3rd alternative?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If someone is capable of doing this to an innocent then that person forfeits their humanity. Animalistic behavior merits the most humane method we have of dealing with animals who attack children. He should be put down.

General population.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope and pray there is a special place in hell for people like these.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why do we kill people to teach people that it is wrong to kill people?

Seriously folks, the use of the death penaly and other retributive measures is positively correlated with the level of violence and murder in industiralized nations. We need to step back and consider action-> outcome as opposed to relying on action->reaction. We need to ask ourselves, is getting the last "word" more important than that reducing risks to the vulnerable?

For all it's (obnoxious, unconstitutional, and incorrect) claims to be a "Christian Nation," the U.S. takes a very Old Testament view of how to respond to abhorrent acts. To (more or less) quote one of the questions on the GOP debate last night: "What would Jesus say about the death penalty?"

Equus14, I think I like you.

Dave

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This makes me sick to my stomach. If I hear of one more boyfriend, stepfather or other freak who should not be around children killing someone's child, I am going to puke. Recently, there was a case of a little boy who was beaten for almost 20 hours by his mother's boyfriend while she was over in Iraq. THe father was as well. Why did this fool have access to the children? When women allow children to be hurt because they just have to have a man, they need to strapped into the chair right along with that freak of whom they are so enamoured .

THere was a case near me of a young girl who was adopted by my cousin's best friend and her freak of a husband. He, in fact, requested that they adopt a little girl. WHen they broke up, she kept sending the little girl over for visitation with him over the child's violent protestations. It all broke when Oprah had a program on childhood sexual abuse and she started screaming at the top of her lungs, "I am going to tell everyone what you have been doing to me". She had to be put in a psyche ward. We told her fool of an adopted mother not to marry that trash in the first place, but she just had to have him. The little girl freaked out at her adoptive father's parents' house. Ironically, his own sister years before had accused her father of the same thing. Mother dear threw her out of the house for lying about her man! Well, when the child was examined it was shown that she had been raped anally, vaginally and orally by this fool. Her mother then fell out on the floor. If I had been there, I would have kicked her and thrown some water on her to wake her up. THere is no way she couldnt have known that a tiny little girl like that wasnt being abused .Her ex was a great big man. THe little girl is now grown, but she will never be able to have children thanks to the monster she once called dad. When I heard what had happened, my hand itched for a butcher knife....:mad:

Many phrases come to mind:
He needed killing :biggrin1:
Hangings to good for him :smile:
He had a hunting accident :cool:

When mothers don't believe their own sons and daughters when they tell them that they have been molested my heart weeps for the children and I simultaneously become enraged at the alleged mother.
You have one job as a parent to keep your children safe from harm. Hell even a bear and a wolf do that!! If you can't or won't do that then I feel that you not only lose your right to live in civilized society you should lose your right to live.

njqt466

Big en

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I see your point; but I still feel people like that stepfather need killing!

But NJ don't you think sitting in a jail cell for 50 years to life is much more punishing than to kill them in 20 sec. They are out of their misery instantly. I say let them rot in jail having their liberty, their movement, their life hemmed in until they are no more. :smile:

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media

There are several kinds but for example: A self-sustaining work farm who's intention is to teach agriculture to the inmates, and turn a profit, while sustaining the lives of those who are interned there. This could make enough money to pay for G.P.S. monitoring (which is quite cheap now), guards, and general inmate upkeep. Those people who are interned but more trustworthy would do the work and even have enough to pay for those who require isolation. The problem of government contracts and overly priced goods sold to the prisons could be eliminated and therefore reduce costs.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Why do we kill people to teach people that it is wrong to kill people?

Seriously folks, the use of the death penaly and other retributive measures is positively correlated with the level of violence and murder in industiralized nations. We need to step back and consider action-> outcome as opposed to relying on action->reaction. We need to ask ourselves, is getting the last "word" more important than that reducing risks to the vulnerable?

For all it's (obnoxious, unconstitutional, and incorrect) claims to be a "Christian Nation," the U.S. takes a very Old Testament view of how to respond to abhorrent acts. To (more or less) quote one of the questions on the GOP debate last night: "What would Jesus say about the death penalty?"

Equus14, I think I like you.

Dave

Thank you! The death penalty exacerbates the problem and solves nothing, but the simple elimination of a problem individual. If we kill killers then we are no better and our example is that life has no value.

Thank you for seeing what I see.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You say you're pro-life but feel that you have the ability to determine that someone "deserves" death. No, he did not show respect for the life of a child and in return you will show him that you are no better than he is should you support the death penalty.

A murderer is still a human being and he will learn nothing if you kill him.

You support the war. Innocent people are being killed there without discrimination. That's murder. Your support for the war supports the killing of innocent people, including children. That is no better than supporting the man who killed his own child whom you now supported killing.

You're a contradiction and unfortunately a typical one.

No, he will learn nothing if he's killed, but I would prefer he be killed than spend his life in jail. If he spends the rest of his life in jail, so be it; he'll get three squares a day, workout, read, watch movies, and maybe even earn a degree. :rolleyes: The innocent child he killed will get none of the above.

He started out as a human being, but his actions were that of an animal. I support war in order to protect our own country from harm, but in no way do I condone the killing of innocent people or children which can be the unfortunate result of war. There's a huge difference between being mostly pro-life and pro death penalty. It's kind of obvious.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
That is tragic. I hope that the parents can have their behavior corrected. Maybe the death penalty is too harsh but I hope they can learn from their mistakes.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is tragic. I hope that the parents can have their behavior corrected. Maybe the death penalty is too harsh but I hope they can learn from their mistakes.

Sadly, the real mistake was made by the child's father when he allowed this teenaged baby-mama to move his daughter across the country so she could shack up with some guy she'd met online.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Sadly, the real mistake was made by the child's father when he allowed this teenaged baby-mama to move his daughter across the country so she could shack up with some guy she'd met online.
Of course that is a large part of the problem. But in reality we can only move forward from this point. They both need a lengthy reintegration back into society. Maybe they wont ever be able to go back, but the least they can do is try.