Tot Killed for Bad Manners!

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well said sister. In his defense however, he did say most, not all. And you must admit there are those who are hypocritical, although anyone who takes the time to get to know you knows you live your life true to your convictions and that my lady makes you a much stronger person. You don't cave.

I tried to warn you tallbig, but you don't listen.
I make a comment about her faith ( christianity) and she has a right to answer me back .
I dont have a problem with that. That is to be expected.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bullshit. That's just the same rephrased bullshit excuse.
"Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven."
If being Christian doesn't make Christians better people then it has no value and no purpose. That makes it nothing more than hoping for a better place to be once this life is over. That's like afterlife insurance, and as we all know, insurance is a scam.

Some christians are better people because of of christianity but i think that those believers are minority. I agree with what you said.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But NJ don't you think sitting in a jail cell for 50 years to life is much more punishing than to kill them in 20 sec. No, because I as a taxpayer am being punished more than he is. My tax money will go t o support and sustain him. They are out of their misery instantly. I say let them rot in jail having their liberty, their movement, their life hemmed in until they are no more. :smile: I believe that all human life starts out precious, however many grow up and intentionally make very bad choices. <---- Understatement of the year.

Sadly, the real mistake was made by the child's father when he allowed this teenaged baby-mama to move his daughter across the country so she could shack up with some guy she'd met online.[/quote]This is happening more and more, I don't understand it. :confused::eek: I'm leery of giving out my cell number to people online moving cross country would be a lot for me.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
This is exactly why this world is in the shape it's in, to many bleeding hearts. If those that committed these terrible crimes were actually punished instead of kept up the rest of their lives (at great expense to you and I of course) I strongly believe that the crime rate would drop. Someone that kills a child like this poor little girl is a piece of shit in my book and doesn't deserve to breath the same air as I do. Why should we show them any mercy, this poor child didn't get any.

Really? Explain why the rate of crimes that would garner the death penalty in this country is lower in countries that have no death penalty. I say it is because we devalue life in this country and that makes such crimes higher.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Some christians are better people because of of christianity but i think that those believers are minority. I agree with what you said.

Since they are using their own judgment as to what 'better' means. It is their judgment that makes them better, not some arbitrary religion which could just as easily have been some other religion or no religion at all. Inspiration to make better choices comes in many forms and only those who are prone to seek it will find it, and they will find it, it is only a matter of time. They really are just acting on their own nature and virtually anything can be a catalyst for them to realize it, sometimes just getting older does it. So no matter what they attribute their reasons for being a "better person" are, they were always a better person, they just hadn't realized it yet. So I attribute nothing specifically to any religion as 'making' anyone better. These things are just a trigger. Atheism was my trigger, and I make better and more moral choices now than I did as a Christian.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since they are using their own judgment as to what 'better' means. It is their judgment that makes them better, not some arbitrary religion which could just as easily have been some other religion or no religion at all. Inspiration to make better choices comes in many forms and only those who are prone to seek it will find it, and they will find it, it is only a matter of time. They really are just acting on their own nature and virtually anything can be a catalyst for them to realize it, sometimes just getting older does it. So no matter what they attribute their reasons for being a "better person" are, they were always a better person, they just hadn't realized it yet. So I attribute nothing specifically to any religion as 'making' anyone better. These things are just a trigger. Atheism was my trigger, and I make better and more moral choices now than I did as a Christian.

Yes . The morality focus on religion is limited
Iam a naturalist . My morality isnt limited to humans it also in concern to all living things.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you think of animal abuse?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Iam not most christians but i was a christian the first 15 years of my life .
I presence the falsehood of many christians in the churches i go.
Many people that go to church dont live accordint to Jesus teachings.
Nominal christians are about 2 billion but real christians are really a minority of that.

Hi,

I didnt mean to sound so ferocious. I have just gotten sick of Christian bashing around here. Yes, there are a number of people out there using the name of CHrist and being anything but like him. But there are others who are actually following his teachings and trying to make the world a better place. In any church in America I am sure you will find both kinds. I try to be the woman God would want me to be and I know that I fail many times but that does not mean one should stop trying or that others should judge all people who say they are Christians by the ones who abuse the name of Christ.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
Don't you suppose the torture of trying to make these people normal would be worse than putting them out of their misery? If only it was legal to make them die the same way their daughter did.

Can you not even see the problem you have in your statements here? First of all you've given up on them without even trying, and then you have a wish for the legality of an 'eye for an eye'. If their lives are not worth our time and have no value it's no wonder that they felt their child's life was not worth theirs and had no value.

Is that the kind of person you are? Is that who you choose to be?

If so, I'm glad I do not know you.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A good possibility is that these "other countries with no death penalty" actually punish their criminals quite severely at times from what I've read and heard. They don't turn theirs back out on the street so they can repeat the same crime over and over again as we do. I think this is what leads a lot of "small time" criminals into other things, no fear of the system. They don't set them up in an air conditioned country club where they can sit and watch tv, lift weights and go to school, buy and sell drugs on the inside (it's easier there than on the streets) and get three meals a day.
We have laws and rules to live by, if you can't live by those rules you need to go somewhere else, killing someone other than in self defense should be punishable by death, no excuses, no exceptions case closed, we need as people to start taking resposibilty for our own actions and quit blaming everyone and everything else for what we do. I have no sympathy for anyone who abuses or kills a defensless child, these people need to be punished, sitting inside a cell the rest of their lives is not punishment, they need to made examples of and maybe, just maybe this would put a stop to the nonsense if they knew this was what would happen to them if they committed this terrible crime.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I didnt mean to sound so ferocious. I have just gotten sick of Christian bashing around here. Yes, there are a number of people out there using the name of CHrist and being anything but like him. But there are others who are actually following his teachings and trying to make the world a better place. In any church in America I am sure you will find both kinds. I try to be the woman God would want me to be and I know that I fail many times but that does not mean one should stop trying or that others should judge all people who say they are Christians by the ones who abuse the name of Christ.
I dont mind your responses . It wasnt ferocious to me. All people must have a oportunity to defend their views. I accept that i make a mistake of saying Most instead of Many . Is unfair to say that most christians are frauds . More accurate is to say that many are frauds, like many are legit christians too. I apologize.:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont mind your responses . It wasnt ferocious to me. All people must have a oportunity to defend their views. I accept that i make a mistake of saying Most instead of Many . Is unfair to say that most christians are frauds . More accurate is to say that many are frauds, like many are legit christians too. I apologize.:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Not a problem, sweetie. We all should hope to have lively yet civil discussions.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
A good possibility is that these "other countries with no death penalty" actually punish their criminals quite severely at times from what I've read and heard. They don't turn theirs back out on the street so they can repeat the same crime over and over again as we do. I think this is what leads a lot of "small time" criminals into other things, no fear of the system. They don't set them up in an air conditioned country club where they can sit and watch tv, lift weights and go to school, buy and sell drugs on the inside (it's easier there than on the streets) and get three meals a day.
We have laws and rules to live by, if you can't live by those rules you need to go somewhere else, killing someone other than in self defense should be punishable by death, no excuses, no exceptions case closed, we need as people to start taking resposibilty for our own actions and quit blaming everyone and everything else for what we do. I have no sympathy for anyone who abuses or kills a defensless child, these people need to be punished, sitting inside a cell the rest of their lives is not punishment, they need to made examples of and maybe, just maybe this would put a stop to the nonsense if they knew this was what would happen to them if they committed this terrible crime.

If those other countries punish their criminals severely, including their killers, without the use of a death penalty and the rate of people who kill is less there then why MUST we kill killers at all? Clearly your argument doesn't hold water.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you missed my point here. Our prison system is soft, we coddle our criminals, other countries don't. In other countries prisoners don't lay around all day doing nothing, they are made to work, sometimes tortured and even killed by those that guard them, these places are hell on earth compared to our country club prisons. They fear going there, they serve years upon years for what someone here would serve months for the same crime.
As I said before we have laws, man-made and Gods. I believe both are pretty plan and easy to understand. You take the life of another your punishment should be death.
My question to you is why should we have to keep these people up for the rest of their lives when they choose to commit these terrible crimes

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jesus.
Between this and the concentration camp story, I wonder what some people think the experience of parenthood would be like. From seeing friends and family, there seems to be a lot of repeating of oneself. If someone can't handle that, having kids may not be the way to go in life. Damn.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media
I think you missed my point here. Our prison system is soft, we coddle our criminals, other countries don't. In other countries prisoners don't lay around all day doing nothing, they are made to work, sometimes tortured and even killed by those that guard them, these places are hell on earth compared to our country club prisons. They fear going there, they serve years upon years for what someone here would serve months for the same crime.
As I said before we have laws, man-made and Gods. I believe both are pretty plan and easy to understand. You take the life of another your punishment should be death.
My question to you is why should we have to keep these people up for the rest of their lives when they choose to commit these terrible crimes

I think you missed MY point. When I said that there were countries where the murder rate was lower that didn't have the death penalty I wasn't talking about 3rd world countries. There are many industrialized nations that treat their prisoners as human beings, still don't have the death penalty and yet their country has fewer crimes of the nature that would garner the death penalty in this one.

Below taken from link:
http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?lang=e&id=ENGACT500122007

7. The Deterrence Argument
Scientific studies have consistently failed to find convincing evidence that the death penalty deters crime more effectively than other punishments. The most recent survey of research findings on the relation between the death penalty and homicide rates, conducted for the United Nations in 1988 and updated in 2002, concluded: "... it is not prudent to accept the hypothesis that capital punishment deters murder to a marginally greater extent than does the threat and application of the supposedly lesser punishment of life imprisonment."

(Reference: Roger Hood, The Death Penalty: A World-wide Perspective, Oxford, Clarendon Press, third edition, 2002, p. 230)

8. Effect of Abolition on Crime Rates

Reviewing the evidence on the relation between changes in the use of the death penalty and crime rates, the study conducted for the United Nations cited above stated: "The fact that all the evidence continues to point in the same direction is persuasive a priori evidence that countries need not fear sudden and serious changes in the curve of crime if they reduce their reliance upon the death penalty".

Recent crime figures from abolitionist countries fail to show that abolition has harmful effects. In Canada, for example, the homicide rate per 100,000 population fell from a peak of 3.09 in 1975, the year before the abolition of the death penalty for murder, to 2.41 in 1980, and since then it has declined further. In 2003, 27 years after abolition, the homicide rate was 1.73 per 100,000 population, 44 per cent lower than in 1975 and the lowest rate in three decades. Although this increased to 2.0 in 2005, it remains over one-third lower than when the death penalty was abolished.

(Reference: Roger Hood, The Death Penalty: A World-wide Perspective, Oxford, Clarendon Press, third edition, 2002, p. 214)

Not to mention that the list of countries who still perform the death penalty are also a list of countries who are KNOWN to be either Islamic, have authoritarian regimes, and/or are more primitive 3rd world cultures.

Death sentences are known to have been imposed in the following countries in 2006:
AFGHANISTAN, ALGERIA, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BELARUS, BENIN, BOTSWANA, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CHINA, CONGO (Dem. Rep), EGYPT, GUINEA, GUYANA, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRAN, IRAQ, JAPAN, JORDAN, KAZAKSTAN, KENYA, KOREA (North), KOREA (South), KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, LAOS, LIBYA, MALAYSIA, MALI, MONGOLIA, MOROCCO, MYANMAR, NIGERIA, PAKISTAN, QATAR, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SOMALIA, SRI LANKA, SUDAN, SYRIA, TAIWAN, TANZANIA, THAILAND, TOGO, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, UGANDA, USA, UZBEKISTAN, VIET NAM, YEMEN, ZAMBIA

In 2006, 91 per cent of all known executions took place in six countries: China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan and the USA. Kuwait had the highest number of executions per capita of population, followed by Iran.

Do we really want to be on this list?

Why should we let them live rather than kill them? Because we are more humane than they are. It's not about THEM it's about US.