Total Gym

Neziegh

Just Browsing
Media
Real gym is league better. I can't work at home, with no real reason to work. If i have to get up and go to the gym, once i'm there, i can't stop. Also, at the gym there are people. Even if i'm not that social, and i hate when it's too crowded, i have made some good friend there, and it's now fun for me to go.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If you're at all serious about working out, stick with a real gym. And if you're not serious about it ... wouldn't a home gym be a total waste of money (and space in your home)?

None of these at-home workout stations provide anywhere near the workout you can get even at a crappy gym. I guarantee you that none of the buff models shown on the Total Gym web site got that way using a Total Gym.

Also agree with what's been said here about the presence of other (ideally fit) people being an extremely motivating, and often underappreciated, advantage of gym membership.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Steve

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Total Gym doesn't seem that great to me. Stick with the real gym or buy a power cage/squat rack and a bar with some weights.

I need a real gym to work out in personally. I never use my equpment at home - too many distractions. Seeing others work out tends to motivate me. Be careful before you spend a lot of money on home workout equipment. Many times people start off with great intentions, but then don't follow through. This is why you see so much second hand workout equipment for sale in the newspapers and at garage sales.