Total Gym

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by roy86, Mar 16, 2009.

1. roy86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Does anyone have a total gym? I'm thinking about getting one and leaving my gym since it's a hassel to get to most of the time.

Any thoughts on a total gym, anyone?
    How it is, if it's cheap, great to use?

Thanks!

2. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Not sure - personally I need the flow of the gym for a good workout

I think it's the inspiration which it provides - that's just me - good luck - let's know how it goes.

3. Neziegh

Neziegh New Member

Real gym is league better. I can't work at home, with no real reason to work. If i have to get up and go to the gym, once i'm there, i can't stop. Also, at the gym there are people. Even if i'm not that social, and i hate when it's too crowded, i have made some good friend there, and it's now fun for me to go.

4. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you're at all serious about working out, stick with a real gym. And if you're not serious about it ... wouldn't a home gym be a total waste of money (and space in your home)?

None of these at-home workout stations provide anywhere near the workout you can get even at a crappy gym. I guarantee you that none of the buff models shown on the Total Gym web site got that way using a Total Gym.

Also agree with what's been said here about the presence of other (ideally fit) people being an extremely motivating, and often underappreciated, advantage of gym membership.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Steve

5. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Total Gym doesn't seem that great to me. Stick with the real gym or buy a power cage/squat rack and a bar with some weights.

6. rockyroll86

rockyroll86 New Member

Try to work out at home if you can't make it too the gym, But I just think by going to the gym keeps you motivated.

7. rockyroll86

rockyroll86 New Member

and always remember to eat the right foods, and drink lots of water:)

8. AG08

Gold Member

I need a real gym to work out in personally. I never use my equpment at home - too many distractions. Seeing others work out tends to motivate me. Be careful before you spend a lot of money on home workout equipment. Many times people start off with great intentions, but then don't follow through. This is why you see so much second hand workout equipment for sale in the newspapers and at garage sales.

9. Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann New Member

Albums:
    This is the best advice in the thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted