Total Lunar Eclipse

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It should be headbang, Im in New Jersey and I can't see it yet, although any minute it should be coming over the horizon. I'm going to higher ground to get a better vantage point. See you guys after.

It's over by 7 pm here though so start looking for the moon.
Damn! I live in the concrete canyons of midtown, and can't get a view of the moon from anywhere, it seems!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here are some photos of tonight's eclipse that were just emailed to me by a friend.

moon.jpg

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I managed to get to high ground. There were lots of clouds but it poked through from time to time. Towards the end of it the clouds cleared and it had a decent showing. I've seen more clear ones in the past though. Fing clouds.

It is amazing how it appears though. Its like it transforms into something other than the moon. It becomes 3D. A glowing orb or rock hanging in the sky. A giant rocky ping pong ball. A glowing ember. I can see someone not knowing whats going on and walking outside and seeing it and going, what the fuck is that? Mars? Its kind of like the first time you see something with the help of magic mushrooms, not that I would know or anything...

Always resets my soul in some celestial way. I've always been into astronomy and the heavens. Nights like tonight are wonderful because they serve as a reminder to you that no matter what is going on in your life, there are these other events going on outside of you and this life we all live, that will continue on with or without you forever. Puts things into perspective for me. I think people who are having issues should go find a quiet hilltop somewhere in this world and watch an eclipse or just watch the sky for a night.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I managed to get to high ground. There were lots of clouds but it poked through from time to time. Towards the end of it the clouds cleared and it had a decent showing. I've seen more clear ones in the past though. Fing clouds.

It is amazing how it appears though. Its like it transforms into something other than the moon. It becomes 3D. A glowing orb or rock hanging in the sky. A giant rocky ping pong ball. A glowing ember. I can see someone not knowing whats going on and walking outside and seeing it and going, what the fuck is that? Mars? Its kind of like the first time you see something with the help of magic mushrooms, not that I would know or anything...

Always resets my soul in some celestial way. I've always been into astronomy and the heavens. Nights like tonight are wonderful because they serve as a reminder to you that no matter what is going on in your life, there are these other events going on outside of you and this life we all live, that will continue on with or without you forever. Puts things into perspective for me. I think people who are having issues should go find a quiet hilltop somewhere in this world and watch an eclipse or just watch the sky for a night.

Thanks for that Skull M - summed up exactly how I felt about the whole event.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are people watching this Lunar eclipse guilty of mass, involuntary mooning?

I'd say the ones wandering about, hoping for a break to appear in the cloud cover, are the ones mooning. (That is, wandering about aimlessly, like one moonstruck.)

Although strictly, waiting for such a break, while tediously passive, isn't aimless, so maybe it's not mooning.

Anyway, I'm sitting under the same cloud that's been following me around since Global Warming hit in January. December was nice and clear, but a bit early for this event.