Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I used to go swimming with a friend who was very speedy at dropping the underwear and getting on the bathing suit. He was like lightning.
I had seen his cock for split seconds but usually he had his behind to me.
One time we went to this big wave pool and he didn't have any suit so he rented one.
There were some little kids dressing in our locker area, so he faced towards me as he did the lightning switch, I had kind of our of respect to him turned myself away, when he let out a gasp. I looked and there he was with his Way too small trunks just over his knees and his legs together with his cock sticking out over his balls. It was one of the funniest things i've ever seen! We laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. He had to go and get another suit.
I don't know why but after that he took his time and we actually started showering together and things were normal with us being nude with each other in the locker room.
I today still laugh when that visual comes up, but for him it was ground breaking as it changed who he has become.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There was a good article in Newsweek in the middle of April that talks about how the younger genreation is in a narcissism epidemic. They have grown up being taught that they are all winners, little princesses and that the world revolves around them. Once they are outside of their "support group", they become socially challenged.

I think the towel dancing wussies are a good display of this. First of all, they think that they are the center of attention. They think that everyone has to be staring at them while they change which is most likely innacurate. Guys do check each other out but 99% of the time it's just a quick harmless glance. Second, since they have been told and treated like they are top dog, they don't want others knowing that they might not measure up.

Get over yourselves guys. We were all born with the same equipment. Some may be larger and some may be smaller but when they are soft nobody really knows what they will look like hard. You are showing your lack of social skills when you cover up. It's would be the same as going to a restaurant and throwing your napkin over your head so nobody sees you chew your food. People get naked in locker rooms, it is the normal thing to do. Don't expect to be treated normal when you do something peculiar.

Are We in a Narcissism Epidemic? - Newsweek.com

Reactions: tolsty17cm

guynmn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hmm. I really don't care if you towel dance, shower in underwear, grab a falling towel like you're grabbing a ledge you're about to fall off....your body and your business. Im not going to call you out on it or comment in any way. That being said I will immediately peg you as insecure. I will also automatically rate you as "less" on the masculinity scale...inferior. The same as if you have a weak handshake or don't look me in the eye while talking.
You are in a locker room and/or showering being dressed is not the norm. In a crowd of ass cheeks and cocks you notice the one guy in briefs, not the individuals in a crowd of cocks. Makes them sort of a spectacle, the opposite of what they are trying to avoid.

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was growing up I never saw the towel dance in the locker room. First time I saw it was on a public beach and I thought--why don't they just go to the changing area, but oh well. Then started noticing it in gyms once in while. I just thought odd! But I agree it draws more attention to those guys if the norm is to be naked.

I also assumed it is one of two things, the guy is embarrassed to be seen or he is like the twinks out at bars or baths and think that someone, who they don't deem worthy, looking at them will somehow steal their good looks. Either way I just shake my head and think, "How ridiculous."

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It doesn't worry me being seen naked in the change room, but equally it doesn't worry me if other guys don't want to be.

Why try to make people uncomfortable? What's it matter to me if someone wants to cover himself up with a towel while he changes? :confused22:

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Last night at the gym I walked to the shower naked, dried off in the open, and stood under the hair dryer naked:biggrin1:

So............ nobody jumped out of a locker and painted you red for wearing fur, nobody pointed and laughed at your dick, nobody took pictures and put them on the internet and your dick didn't fall off? I can't imagine that happening in a locker room.

There was a good article in Newsweek in the middle of April that talks about how the younger genreation is in a narcissism epidemic. They have grown up being taught that they are all winners, little princesses and that the world revolves around them. Once they are outside of their "support group", they become socially challenged.

I think the towel dancing wussies are a good display of this. First of all, they think that they are the center of attention. They think that everyone has to be staring at them while they change which is most likely innacurate. Guys do check each other out but 99% of the time it's just a quick harmless glance. Second, since they have been told and treated like they are top dog, they don't want others knowing that they might not measure up.

Get over yourselves guys. We were all born with the same equipment. Some may be larger and some may be smaller but when they are soft nobody really knows what they will look like hard. You are showing your lack of social skills when you cover up. It's would be the same as going to a restaurant and throwing your napkin over your head so nobody sees you chew your food. People get naked in locker rooms, it is the normal thing to do. Don't expect to be treated normal when you do something peculiar.

Excellent post musclebare9! Your post reminds me of something similar that I posted awhile ago on this very topic of epidemic narcissism among today's youth. Here it is again:

In my day, guys were called "gay" for refusing to get naked and shower around other guys. Today, it's the other way around. My old university has given in to this new hysteria as well. When I was a student, the showers in the Athletic Centre were 100% open. Today they are a mix of stalls and Bradley showers. I really think this modesty thing among young guys is out of hand.

I would like to add one other thing though. I think this may also be a symptom of our current narcissistic society - especially among young people. I was watching an interesting story on the news the other day where 2 authors were being interviewed about this topic as they had just finished writing a book about it. Also, my old university did a study about this topic. With the amount of narcissism around these days, young people seem to assume that THEY will be the centre of attention if they are naked around other guys. I've seen a streak of it on this website among the younger guys who are hesitant to shower or get changed around their peers. The theme seems to be that "If I get naked, people will think _________ about me", or "they will ogle/stare at me." It doesn't even occur to young people that they really aren't the centre of attention that they think they are. Most guys that I have seen in the shower don't even care who is showering around them, but it certainly does draw attention when a guy is showering in his swimsuit or underwear, or doing the "towel dance".

Last edited by a moderator:

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I fail to see why any of this really matters. Who cares if a guy doesn't feel comfortable completely naked. You all say you're not looking anyway, so why is them not naked such an issue?

They might as well carry a huge flag that says, "jackass".

I agree musclebare9. Unfortunately this absurd modesty is being drilled into their heads at a younger and younger age. Here's an old post about an experience I had last summer at my AC:

I let a boy have it in the shower room today. I was finishing up my shower and the boys came in to shower before hitting the pool. I was using the open Bradley shower when they came in with their camp counsellor. The boys kept their swim shorts on while using the shower, but I was naked (like you're supposed to be when having a proper shower). I heard the camp counsellor tell the boys to "take a long shower", but none of them would remove thier shorts including the counsellor. Now I don't mind boys looking at me while I'm showering as it is just normal curiosity, but when they start acting like jerks because I'm naked I get pissed off. One of the boys entered a stall and closed the curtain (even though he was showering in his shorts). He was calling out to other boys across the shower room after sticking his head out of the curtain to look at me. Once the other boy stuck his head out, he would yell "naked man". Most of the boys used the Bradley shower poles like me except for the 3 boys in the stalls. I finally got so annoyed at this one boys ridiculous behaviour about me being naked in a shower of all places that when I was finished, I wrapped my towel around my waist, walked over to his cubicle, pulled open the curtain (I could see that he was wearing his shorts), looked him in the eye and said, "Don't be such a girl!" This kid turned beet red when the other boys who were using the open shower started saying the same thing to him (even the camp counsellor shouted out, "Yeah, don't be such a girl!"). A little humiliation is a great way to correct inappropriate behaviour in the shower room. If no one is going to teach these boys some shower room ettiquette, then I guess I will have to do it. It may seem a little mean, but this kid (older than the rest at about 14 years old) really needed to learn some respect and manners. I was not going to leave that shower room with that boy and all of the others thinking that there is something wrong and shameful about taking a shower in the nude around your own gender. I'm sure he'll think twice before acting up in the shower room again.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So............ nobody jumped out of a locker and painted you red for wearing fur, nobody pointed and laughed at your dick, nobody took pictures and put them on the internet and your dick didn't fall off? I can't imagine that happening in a locker room.

Well I got eye fucked by a hot black dude, but that wasn't exactly unwanted :wink:

stanley9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Get over yourselves guys.

Very well put. Sometimes I feel like looking right at them and saying 'you're not as hot as you think you are!'. I mean my God.

S

SirConcis

Why do normal men care about those towel dancers ?

If you go to a nusist beach and walk in front of a group of dressed people, you feel ackward because you wonder if your dress code (or lack thereof) is appropriate. THEY make you feel uncomfortable. I don't care one iota if they see me. I care that they ruin a place where it is perfectly natural to be naked in the sun.

I think this is similar in a locker room. It is one of the few places where men can be naturally naked without any sexual connotations. But when you have more and more poeople doing the towel dance, they make you feel like it is now inappropriate to be naked in a locker room.

To have one guy do the towel dance in one thing. But to have a complete younger generation doing it when it was never done in the past is worrysome. How long before nakedness in locker rooms will no longer be considered appropriate ?

Guys who wear towels like that are like dressed people going to a nudist beach and complaining about naked people on the beach. They are tryinfg to change an age old tradition of masculinity and manhood by eliminating nudity in gyms.

So what if someone takes a look at your body ? As long as nobody touches you, there is nothing to worry about.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
^^Agreed. And I think the fear is real. My generation of guys seem to trend heavily towards the towel dancers. I refuse to do that. It is stupid. We need to maintain that it is 'normal' to get naked in the locker room.

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I see this behavior in locker rooms frequently, too. Most guys are not quite this bashful, but a good number are. I personally have not noticed the "younger generation" being more dick-shy than other age groups, at least not at the gyms I use. I would say it varies a lot, and it really comes down to the particular individual. Where as I am very comfortable being naked in locker rooms and admittedly like showing off my physique and my big dick, I can't say I deliberately torture the towel dancers. Although many of these guys also try very hard not to look at anyone else in the locker room and showers (to the point of acting awkwardly), I have noticed that a lot of them are quite wide-eyed in looking at those of us who are happily naked. Go figure.

Truck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, sabbmann, you are gay. why dont females and males just share lockers?

I actually felt embarrassed for one guy today doing the towel dance in the locker room. I haven't seen a guy do it in ages until today. He was in the shower room with me and 3 other guys who were using the showers completely nude and in the open. One guy even opted to share a Bradley shower pole with me rather than use the many stalls, and other Bradley poles that were available. I was thinking to myself that this was cool that the only 4 guys in the shower room were forgoing the stalls and being open and comfortable around each other. The other 3 guys were in their early 20s. The towel dancer was the only one to use a stall, and wouldn't remove his towel until he was in the stall with the curtain completely closed. After showering, he puts his towel back on before opening the curtain. When he comes out of the stall he stops for a moment and looks at us before going to his locker. I finished up maybe a minute after he did, and can see this guy at his locker doing the towel dance. I'm thinking to myself, "Really? After seeing the 4 of us completely nude, comofortable and having a shower in the open you do the towel dance?" I can't even begin to imagine what self esteem issues this guy must have. It's obviously an issue of that rather than him not knowing if nudity is appropriate behaviour in the locker room.

Aside from being completely absurd, this type of behaviour is just unmanly, effeminate, pussy and pansy assed. Before anyone jumps on me for saying that, it's just the way I feel and always will feel about guys like this. That dude and those like him need therapy.

Reactions: ELMs22cock

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
i don't know where this all started with the putting your underwear on with a towel wrapped around you. i have never seen a guy yet that has anything different that any other guy while some are more blessed than others it all pretty mch the same. if you are so afraid someone is going to look at you stay the fuck at home and workout.

Its totally ridiculous. Why not even if you are so afraid of showing your cock,,just drop the towel and slightly turn the other way to put on your underwear? Much less acrobatics involved.