Towel-Dance Wussies...

Pierced1953

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm a true blue nudist and not very modest, love to see naked bodies, male or female. Yet I've never been interested in how someone dressess or if someone prefers to wear a towel.

Why can't we all just get along.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
I guess we can all sympathize with a man who doesn't want to get naked because he's hung like a tic-tac, or again with a guy who was brought up with super-modesty (for cultural or religious reasons). And given that, it's probably wrong to torment a towel dancer on the theory that he's hurting no one.
I think it hits on some deep psychological level when a guy goes out of his way to be that modest in those circumstances. We feel that his insecurities are bad for him and, in some primordial way, bad for the tribe of men. I also think there's a (possibly slightly twisted) feeling that we actually want the guy to feel ok about himself--that we're all men and we're not going to have a cow if he's got a tiny dick, or is modest or whatever. Tho' that may sound strange, I know a lot of grown men (tho' not always true of non-adult guys) who would make a point of being friendly and supportive in a situation like a locker room where nudity is involved. Grown-ups wouldn't make fun, and a towel dancer might actually feel better if he followed the path of just getting naked with the other guys. Indeed, there are several test(icle)MOAN-ials here on lpsg stating just that: that "once I dropped my towel and decided to be naked, I felt so much better." It's a kind of strategy to fight shame.

Reactions: chubbyjockstrap

Anton565

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with your point. I think guys also respond on a (perhaps) less deep psychological level because it's a maladaptive behaviour. The ostensible purpose of the towel dance is to deflect attention away from the dancer's dick. We all know that in reality it does the exact opposite. The behaviour is inherently counterproductive. So a guy engaging in the towel dance by definition has another issue going on that is not connected with his dick size.

tolsty17cm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is one thing at the gym which drives me crazy. I love seeing these big muscular guys who do the towel dance. I always think they look so silly and like little children. Their uber masculinity is gone once they do this. I want to look at them and say - are you worried someone is going to see your pee pee!?

Linkguy13

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I watched a guy get under dressed to his underwear and wrap a towel around him just take off his underwear. While he was putting his things in the locker, quickly got undressed completely naked save my shower shoes on my feet. I had my towel over my shoulder and walked up to the urinal to piss. He kept going to the showers. I watched him get into the shower and close the curtain and then hang his towel on the hook by the shower. I purposely took the shower directly across from him with the curtain opened while I quickly showered and wait for him to finish. He finally finished grabbed his towel dried off in the shower while I stepped out of my shower to dry off. We walked back to the locker room pretty much together. He would take a sideways glance at my naked body and give me a look that said "what the hell is wrong with you?" I just grin big which makes my eyes squint and nod my head.
Now, I just started going to this gym and I did this everyday my first week there. Monday of next week here is the guy in the gym doing his exercises and weight lifting before hit the shower. The next day the guy tells the man at the front desk I am stocking him. The man is trailing me and sees that I am doing my thing and he is doing his thing. Guy and I go to the locker room to undress and take a shower. The man that was trailing me watched me in the locker room. I changed nothing of my habits from the prior week. The next day Wednesday the towel dance guy is doing his stuff and I am doing my stuff and again the man at the desk is watching my every move. Again I changed the same way as last week naked towel over shoulder and piss before my open curtain shower. This occurs Thursday and Friday morning as well. Only difference is on Friday morning then that was following me didn't. While I was at the water cooler drinking ice cold water he comes up to me and told me that the over there said you were stocking him last week and wanted me to see if you were. I didn't see anything suspicious about your behavior so I am dismissing it to his misunderstanding. I give you this warning don't talk him to have him cry wolf when there is no wolf. I smiled and okay with a thumbs up a d went about my business and we to the locker room. There the guy is doing the towel dance and heading towards the showers like always. I too strip naked put on my shower shoes and sling a fresh towel over my shoulder and head to the shower to wash the sweat of my body. He finished before and was out of the shower and heading to the lockers before I could get the shampoo out of my hair. I quickly dry off and head to my locker to get my clothes to change into foe work. The towel dance guy finally got the nerve to ask me why I don't cover up when naked. I simply said my father taught me even though my parents are divorced that a man in a gym locker room a d showers should not be ashamed of his body, or of his gentiles no matter the size because all males have a penis, a pair of testicles in a scrotum. Aka dick and balls. Though they look different in size, shape, color, and circumcision or not; it is all the components of what makes a man a male. So, I have the freedom to walk around the locker room naked and with the shower curtains open because I understand that we all males have all the same bits and pieces to not be ashamed of nor embarrassed by. "

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a super interesting anecdote. I notice, too, that it'd been years between the last post and yours, which surprised me, given this topic, which I thought would have been popular.
So ridiculous, what you describe. He actually went to the manager and claimed you were "stalking" him?? Unbelievable.
Also, I have always wondered what it's like for the male employee to have to "observe" and then speak with you, tho' he sounded very professional. THAT has to be awkward. I'm sure such complaints are common enough in gyms/health clubs. (I mean, my suburban health club had a lot of serious "activity" in the sauna: circle jerks, blowjobs. no joke!) and I don't know if anyone ever complained.
At least the guy talked to you about what he was feeling.
Did he have a response? I'd be interested to know.
As anyone on this site would say, the towel dance is utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: Linkguy13

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This was posted in the door to the wet( shower, sauna & whirlpool) area at the gym lockerroom.
As much as I advocate for nudity in the locker room, I kinda get why a hot tub with nude guys feels somewhat different from the other situations: pools, saunas, steamrooms.
The Y I belonged to had a kind of upper-level (in terms of price and amenities) area with small sauna, steam room, and whirlpool. The whirlpool wasn't especially big and so hanging out with naked dudes there felt a little more "invasive" than being naked in the other spaces... altho now that I write that, I recall their sauna was pretty small too. Who knows?

Reactions: BigMacattack