Towel in the Gym Sauna?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Lynx, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Lynx

Lynx Member

Albums:
    I would be very interested to hear some LPSG Members thoughts on towels in the sauna and_or steamroom. I have no problem being nude in the sauna and I usually do so. However, sometimes when I get there I see that there are gents with gym towels wrapped around their waists and even others in swimming trunks or speedos. Then I get kind of conformist and just leave my towel on. On the flip side, if I wear my towel, I feel guilty or prudish if everyone else is nude. But then its too late to take it off without making a big show about it. What is the general behavior at your gym? My gym also has an out of town location where the saunas are mixed nude. Quite an experience the first time I got there! Maybe for another post if anyone is interested. Thanks!

2. joeweekend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My gym goes both ways. Some guys wrap up tight. Others drop the towel entirely.

I wear a towel, but I'm not obsessive about it. I like to let it slip a bit, show some pubes. Maybe if I think anyone else is interested in seeing my stuff, it'll slip a little further.
    It's really a matter of the situation.

3. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    always use a towel in the steam room. Not sitting anywhere there on bare skin. will unwrap if shaving legs.

4. Lynx

Lynx Member

Albums:
    Youre right, when I take off my towel, I open and sit on it. Trying to get my feet on it as well sometimes takes a bit of creative bending! Are you allowed to shave in your gyms sauna?

5. B_HungMarriedMale

B_HungMarriedMale New Member

I work at at gym/spa and also work out there. I sauna and steam there too. I don't wear a towel when I do. In my case however, it is not mixed. Now that would be interesting!

6. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I have a towel, but when I'm going to have a shower and sauna after gym, I just hold it in my hand and a bit in front of me so I don't show off like hell. After the shower I dry myself of and then wrap it around me so I could get all my stuff out of the locker. And then I just dry myself of without taking an effort to cover up.

7. chamisaguy

chamisaguy Active Member

Albums:
    I carry (not wear) a towel into the steam room -- sit on it folded on the wet tiles, and relax, wearing shower sandals on my feet. I've seen some younger and some older guys wear trunks in and never take them off. But I stay naked to get the full effect of the steam. I shower naked, too -- towel is hanging on a hook nearby (why do some men feel so embarrassed they shower in their trunks, too? How do you get clean?) Same for the dry sauna -- after showering, I'll wear the towel around my waist, go into the sauna and check for the general state of guys at the time -- some may be wearing their towels, so I'll stay covered. If alone or if others are untoweled, I'll follow suit.

No mixed gender sauna or steam at my gym.

#7 chamisaguy, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  8. Lynx

Lynx Member

Albums:
    That sounds like a very appropriate way to go about things!

9. Ionto

Ionto New Member

I find in Switzerland people are much more relaxed about being naked in saunas and public showers than in France. Most people seem to go into the sauna with a towel round the waist, take it off and sit on it.

10. B_BigNakedDad

B_BigNakedDad New Member

Albums:
    I carry my towel in and sit on it. I'm naked as much as I can be in the locker room.

11. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

I always sit on a towel in a sauna.

12. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Don't do the steam room, can't tolerate the vapors but I do use the sauna - was just installed in gym I go to. It's mainly a gay gym and very relaxed atmosphere!

Sit on towel and always wear foot covering.

13. valasario

valasario New Member

ive been to an onsen (japanese bath house) and its all no clothes allowed in the sauna and hot bath, but you have to cover your private part when you walk around with a small towel provided (just for modesty and to control it so it doesnt flap people in the head while you walk lol)

but in the western sauna i dont think its apropriate to go skinny dipping in public bath house though..

14. BillyPilgrimOD

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Most of the guys at my gym are not very modest at all. Nudity is not a big deal in the locker room. I just let it all hang out, unless I'm sprouting a woody, in which case I do wrap up.

However, there are certain matters of courtesy, for example if someone is using the whirlpool with swim trunks on, I'm not going to get in nude. Just one of those things. I have seen guys get in nude when there is someone in trunks in the tub, but I wouldn't do that unless I knew the guy.

As a nudist, I know that you never sit on any chair or bench without a towel under your butt. That's just plain rude.

15. valasario

valasario New Member

^
    true2 but do try to get into an onsen with a swim trunk. they'll smack you in the head
    (4 real they did that to me lol)

16. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

You should always carry a towel {shower shoes} to sit
    on in a gym,sauna or a nudist camp.
    I don't want my bare ass sitting where someone else may have been who may not be as clean as I am!
    I don't know why women/men feel the need to cover up in a sauna or steam room anyway. It's a body for God's sake just a body.
    C.B.:saevil:

17. Swordie

Gold Member

Albums:
    ALWAYS wear a towel - in the sauna so u dont burn ur tush and in the steam room so u dont get cooties.

18. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Exactly!
    What Swordie said!
    C.B.:saevil:

19. houtx48

Gold Member

what swordie said...........hot boards bare ass= ouch

20. Inter Ested

Inter Ested Member

In my Gym's Sauna everybody has a towel - but only to sit or to lay down on it. It's forbidden to enter the sauna or the steamroom with any clothes - you have to shower naked before and after the sweating-session, shorts, speedos, etc. must stay outside. In the sauna with its wooden banks you need a towel to sit down on it; in the steamroom you won't need anything but the skin on your ass :wink:.

Draft saved Draft deleted