Toxic chemicals found in Iraq!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by jonb, Jan 23, 2004.

1. jonb

Gold Member

Bush has found dihydrogen monoxide in Iraq. Dihydrogen monoxide, also known as hydroxyl acid, is a chemical, toxic when inhaled, and which plays a role in the formation of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Ewing's Tumor, chondrosarcoma, fibrosarcoma, multiple myeloma, colorectal cancer, Leukemia, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and malignant melanoma, and has been found in all cancerous growths. DHMO also accelerates the corrosion of many metals, and causes massive electrical failures.

What is DHMO?
    [pre]
    H-. ,-H
    `-O-'
    [/pre]

2. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: This is from Reuters. I hope this is considered an acceptably unbiased source.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - David Kay stepped down as leader of the U.S. hunt for banned weapons in Iraq on Friday and said he did not believe the country had any large stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons.

In a direct challenge to the Bush administration, which says its invasion of Iraq was justified by the presence of illicit arms, Kay told Reuters in a telephone interview he had concluded there were no Iraqi stockpiles to be found.

"I don't think they existed," Kay said. "What everyone was talking about is stockpiles produced after the end of the last (1991) Gulf War, and I don't think there was a large-scale production program in the '90s," he said.

A little further in the article.

No banned arms have been found in Iraq since the United States went to war against Baghdad last year.

Part of the response from the Administration.

And on Wednesday, Vice President Dick Cheney said the United States had not given up on finding banned weapons in Iraq. "The jury is still out," he said in a radio interview.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said on Friday, in response to Kay's remarks, "We remain confident that the Iraq Survey Group will uncover the truth about Saddam Hussein's regime, the regime's weapons of destruction programs."

Then further on

"I think we have found probably 85 percent of what we're going to find," he said. "I think the best evidence is that they did not resume large-scale production and that's what we're really talking about."

Kay said Iraq had a "rudimentary" program to develop nuclear weapons. "It really wasn't dormant because there were a few little things going on, but it had not resumed in anything meaningful," he said.

http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=040123&cat=news&a mp;st=newsiraqusaweaponsdc

Interesting. I've tried to give pertinent points from the article but left the response from Democratic Sens and Reps for you to read in the article.

3. jay_too

jay_too New Member

jonb..

you are bad! but I understand DHMO is also associated with shark attacks.

jay

4. Imported

Gold Member

mistergrasso: There are toxic chemicals in my garage that if inhaled or ingested could cause illness, injury or death. That wouldn't justify the army invading my garage. Was DHMO a banned substance during the Saddam regime? Was the DHMO found weaponized or was it more liely to be used in an industrial application.

Saddam is a bad man but there was nothing going on in Iraq that would justify invading it, other than a family grudge and large quantities of oil. Our country wanted to believe otherwise, despite evidence, because it feels good to see the bad guy lose in the end and we were frustrated at the elusiveness of Osama. But now that its over we should admit to ourselves what we already knew: there was no credible evidence, significant threat or international law to support our invasion.

And now that we can admit that we can stop proclaiming every discovery of a drum of insecticide or industiral acid as justification for our invasion and proof that Saddam was a threat to his neighbors, our country and the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted