Toxic Masculinity

Amen! Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself. You hit the nail on the head for both "white privilege" and "toxic masculinity". And btw whoever these "scientists" are (and don't forget many scientists are paid with grants and therefore beholden to where the money is coming from) are about 40 years behind when it comes to issues of "white privilege" and "toxic masculinity". If this were the 70s OK maybe. Not today.

Peggy McIntosh's Invisible Napsack is great to use as a rhetorical device to think about privilege and racial inequality in our society and even though some of it can be empirically proven, there's never been studies done based on it with a wide group of people. Therefore it shouldn't be considered as fact.

Men: Women are always so chatty and gossipy. They'll see someone they don't like an gang up on them. We're manly men and we don't do that at all. lmfao

It's like how straight women allegedly tend to trust gay men more than straight women or straight men because of the threat of competition.

Reactions: jtm011

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh i'm not touching anything else in this thread. You guys can be free to be the example of toxic masculinity all you want. lmfao
So you just broad brush everyone in this thread because they disagree with your analysis. Good riddance if this is how you behave, I hope you develop some emotional maturity as you progress in your life. Also, because you’ve shown you throw labels onto anyone based on your own pettiness, your opinion of people in this thread gets no respect from me nor should it from anyone else here.

Reactions: Blue2627 and jtm011

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
So you just broad brush everyone in this thread because they disagree with your analysis. Good riddance if this is how you behave, I hope you develop some emotional maturity as you progress in your life. Also, because you’ve shown you throw labels onto anyone based on your own pettiness, your opinion of people in this thread gets no respect from me nor should it from anyone else here.

No. I stated all of you were in agreement that something doesn't exist when science has already deemed that it does. lol

Pretty sure there's a lot of people out there who would also say flat earthers aren't being mature. :)

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No. I stated all of you were in agreement that something doesn't exist when science has already deemed that it does. lol

Pretty sure there's a lot of people out there who would also say flat earthers aren't being mature. :)
Stop making false equivalencies, please. Non-believers of toxic masculinity are nowhere, repeat nowhere, in the same realm as flat earthers. Geology is a very well established science and the earth being round is very well-backed and proven. Unfortunately, sociology is not as well founded as geology and neither is the concept or theory of toxic masculinity.

The so called scientific proof you have on this topic is dubious since none of academia actually has a consensus on it. It’s just theories at best and not empirically established ones at that. If you want to argue for science, I’m all for that, but the science behind this topic is not set in stone currently.

Until that time, I will reserve my belief in it until something much more concrete and met with more scientific consensus emerges. You can choose to believe in it as much as you want, your threshold of proof may be much lower than mine though.

Also, you should still acknowledge that you were being petty, since there’s really no other word for that outburst of accusatory behaviour on your end.

EDIT: mistyped/misspelled word

Last edited:
Reactions: jtm011

GoingOnABoeing

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The only way what you say even could come close to being true..is if no man exists who isn't violent against others. That no man exists or has existed throughout the span of human history who hasn't and doesn't promote...things that make humanity worse.

According to what you just said every last man and boy in existence period has to not only have testosterone going through their body but be violent.

Every...last....guy. Every..last...boy.

So to see if what you said is true or not. All we have to do is find one man who isn't violent. One man who doesn't abuse others. Doesn't attack others. And minds his own business.

Can we do that? Of course.

Oh and here's something you clearly don't know. Even men's rights activists say toxic masculinity exists. And protest against it every once in a while. So if the left is somehow bad for thinking toxic masculinity is bad. Then so are men's rights activists. :)

Let me give you some advice. Learn to be more concise in your posts. You write way too much to give you any benefit of the doubt. I have to believe you are using the "if you can't convince them, confuse them" tactic. Someone who is confident in their reasoning won't need an essay to get their point across.

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Stop making false equivalencies, please. Non-believers of toxic masculinity are nowhere, repeat nowhere, in the same realm as flat earthers. Geology is a very well established science and the earth being round is very well-backed and proven. Unfortunately, sociology is not as well founded as geology and neither is the concept or theory of toxic masculinity.

The so called scientific proof you have on this topic is dubious since none of academia actually has a consensus on it. It’s just theories at best and not empirically established ones at that. If you want to argue for science, I’m all for that, but the science behind this topic is not set in stone currently.

Until that time, I will reserve my belief in it until something much more concrete and met with more scientific consensus emerges. You can choose to believe in it as much as you want, your threshold of proof may be much lower than mine though.

Also, you should still acknowledge that you were being petty, since there’s really no other word for that outburst of accusatory behaviour on your end.

Let me give you some advice. Learn to be more concise in your posts. You write way too much to give you any benefit of the doubt. I have to believe you are using the "if you can't convince them, confuse them" tactic. Someone who is confident in their reasoning won't need an essay to get their point across.

Wow. You guys are big mad. lol

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Lol? And you had the nerve to call someone a troll in another thread...

They are a troll. I'm just pointing out how men who think they are the epitome of masculinity....got all upset over words. Hey. Would you happen to know what stoicism is? Probably not right. I'm guessing you've never heard that term a day in your life. lol

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media

Well it is LPSG. Bigger is better in this neck of the woods.
Lol? And you had the nerve to call someone a troll in another thread...

Oh and just so you guys know. I'm using toxic masculinity against you. I'm not like this normally. And i won't be like this normally. Everything i've done so far to piss you guys off as much as humanly possible and will do to piss you guys off as much as humanly possible is the very definition of toxic masculinity.

Again. I'm using what you're standing up for and are defending against you to prove a point.

Now. Whose the first bitch who wants it? Crying like your nuts haven't dropped yet. Real men don't whine about the existence of toxic masculinity or liberals. They gather their shit and keep it moving. They don't complain. They don't passive aggressively get together in groups and whine about the big bad smart person ripping them a new one. Real men man up an take it.

Me telling you you aren't worth a damn according to toxic masculinity makes you better men. So whose the first pansy ass that wants to complain? Who wants to be the first t try to criticize a real man with balls of steel?

Or...you know. We can all actually be real human beings and discuss the ends and outs of this intelligently and in good faith. While presented facts and not resorting to insults and dick measuring.

Though if you don't want to do that i can just keep using toxic masculinity to keep bashing you over the skull with what men forty years ago would say about you betas complaining about something on a site about big dicks without actually believing in any of it.

Your choice. I'll have fun either way. :)

GoingOnABoeing

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
They are a troll. I'm just pointing out how men who think they are the epitome of masculinity....got all upset over words. Hey. Would you happen to know what stoicism is? Probably not right. I'm guessing you've never heard that term a day in your life. lol
Not when it comes to that. Pretty sure a bunch of men crying into their milk bottles isn't people's idea of sexy. :p

Ok. I've had enough. I'm not one for playing childish games. You are the first person I've ever wanted to put on ignore. Bye.

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You don’t know me one bit my dude, I definitely don’t consider myself any epitome of traditionally viewed masculinity. Instead I define masculinity as only my own, and my masculinity is quite coloured and seasoned with many traditionally seen as feminine things and attitudes and behaviours.

I don’t try to define anyone else’s masculinity or femininity, because a person’s connection to their gender is a deeply personal and individualized experience. And I think that’s what people have an issue with when it comes to the term “toxic masculinity“ and when it comes to you pontificating about gender identity and expression in this thread. You can’t broadbrush gender identity experiences, every man’s masculinity is different from every other man’s. There is no one single unified masculinity.

If you want to call it “big mad” for us calling out your logical flaws and holier-than-thou attitude well so be it. I personally don’t value your opinion when you continually seek to disparage others for disagreeing with you or for offering counterpoints to your viewpoints.

Reactions: GoingOnABoeing

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
You don’t know me one bit my dude, I definitely don’t consider myself any epitome of traditionally viewed masculinity. Instead I define masculinity as only my own, and my masculinity is quite coloured and seasoned with many traditionally seen as feminine things and attitudes and behaviours.

I don’t try to define anyone else’s masculinity or femininity, because a person’s connection to their gender is a deeply personal and individualized experience. And I think that’s what people have an issue with when it comes to the term “toxic masculinity“ and when it comes to you pontificating about gender identity and expression in this thread. You can’t broadbrush gender identity experiences, every man’s masculinity is different from every other man’s. There is no one single unified masculinity.

If you want to call it “big mad” for us calling out your logical flaws and holier-than-thou attitude well so be it. I personally don’t value your opinion when you continually seek to disparage others for disagreeing with you or for offering counterpoints to your viewpoints.

Ah but hey..big brain. At what point did i say anything about masculinity? Oh that's right. You got so overly emotional you forgot to actually look at what i said from the start.

The topic of the thread is..toxic masculinity.

Oh which you agreed with others in saying it doesn't exist.

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ah but hey..big brain. At what point did i say anything about masculinity? Oh that's right. You got so overly emotional you forgot to actually look at what i said from the start.

The topic of the thread is..toxic masculinity.

Oh which you agreed with others in saying it doesn't exist.
And you’ve still yet to prove it does. Have fun talking to yourself, no one cares to engage in any discourse with someone so petulant and grating.

Reactions: GoingOnABoeing