Toxic Wwe Fans

Demitri Jones

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How many of you in the whole lgbtq+ are genuinely hardcore fans of the wwe? Do you feel that the average wrestling fan is openly racist and/or homophobic? It seems the entire wrestling community is full of violent white men ready to pick a fight over something as petty as a pride shirt?
I know the wwe has misrepresented gays in ignorant stereotypes meant to be seen as harmful but when they get an actual gay man on the roster(Darren Young), they neglect him before dropping him entirely. I blame the lazy writers that have no interest in writing storylines even halfway decent, they'd rather just write garbage for the washed up "stars" and whoever vince mcmahon can milk for easy money.
I haven't actively watched for quite some time, I was a huge fan as a kid but it doesn't appeal to me in the way that it once did and nowadays it just looks like pure trash that gives me second-hand embarrassment as opposed to most of the old material.
I don't know what the writing room looks like but i suspect that i won't be surprised with what i find.

Reactions: Scally Lover

Demitri Jones

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How many of you in the whole lgbtq+ are genuinely hardcore fans of the wwe? Do you feel that the average wrestling fan is openly racist and/or homophobic? It seems the entire wrestling community is full of violent white men ready to pick a fight over something as petty as a pride shirt?
I know the wwe has misrepresented gays in ignorant stereotypes meant to be seen as harmful but when they get an actual gay man on the roster(Darren Young), they neglect him before dropping him entirely. I blame the lazy writers that have no interest in writing storylines even halfway decent, they'd rather just write garbage for the washed up "stars" and whoever vince mcmahon can milk for easy money.
I haven't actively watched for quite some time, I was a huge fan as a kid but it doesn't appeal to me in the way that it once did and nowadays it just looks like pure trash that gives me second-hand embarrassment as opposed to most of the old material.
I don't know what the writing room looks like but i suspect that i won't be surprised with what i find.
I honestly think the mcmahon family and triple h being trump supporters plays a huge part in the disgusting way that wwe fans like to act. It says a lot about the company and their interests compared to a few of the wrestlers they have working for them. We live in a country that's pretty much founded on gate-keeping and exclusion so i guess it's not really surprising that the billionaire ceo is the way he is and does the things he does. Almost like how a conservative political figure can be openly homophobic and just downright ignorant when it comes to racial oppression but then later gets caught fucking guys on the low