Tracy Morgan's comments: can't believe it!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
for true and for serious? not just Tracy Morgan playing crazy ass Tracy Morgan?

i hope his son (assuming he's got one) never hears about this. :frown:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've always thought Morgan was hysterical and I also think he didn't really "mean" it. However, I think his comments reveal his genuine, deap-seated views about gays and I will now see him in a different light, "apology" notwithstanding. Sadly, he's lost me.

Last edited:

rainbowknight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tracy Morgan’s “joke” was a veiled attempt to cover up his homophobia. Certain people in the audience saw through it and made their opinions known.

I have more respect for Dave Chappell who doesn’t agree with homosexuality but he just came out and said it. He did not try to cover it up in jokes or anything else.

If you want to take lessons about excellent gay jokes, listen to Lisa Lampanelli “The Queen of Mean.” She always makes me laugh because she is funny.

Tracy Morgan feels the way that some men feel. However, I believe he took the opportunity to lash out at gays because of his dislike towards gays and he needed a scapegoat for issues he may be having in his career like Isaiah Washington.

I believe that it will not be the end of his career either. Now that he has apologized he will become the victim and the Gay Mafia will be the bad guys.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
These comments remind me of Michael Richard's racist rant from a few years back. Anyone heard from him since? Granted, it's not that Tracy Morgan was a superstar or anything. But I think it's probably over for him now.

More than homophobia, I can't believe that someone would "joke" about killing their own son!

uncut_1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
who cares, its just one guy, in a sea of billions who are living on a rock thats spinning circles around a giant fire ball in "space"... isnt there anything better to worry about.. ?

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
who cares, its just one guy, in a sea of billions who are living on a rock thats spinning circles around a giant fire ball in "space"... isnt there anything better to worry about.. ?

It is a b rate character actor and 'comic' we're talking about. I studied the experts, and he isn't by any means a bellweather or trailblazer in his field. Simple man, feeble attempt at humour.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media

Somehow, I tend to think that when someone talks about killing their children it may be a good time to worry. :rolleyes:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
It is a b rate character actor and 'comic' we're talking about. I studied the experts, and he isn't by any means a bellweather or trailblazer in his field. Simple man, feeble attempt at humour.

Okay. Maybe I can spell this out for you, since a few of you just aren't getting it:

1. He is an actor on a major network, which means people pay attention to him.

2. It's upsetting when anyone spews hatred.

3. It's just plain disturbing.

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay. Maybe I can spell this out for you, since a few of you just aren't getting it:

Free speech. Double edged sword. The side that does damage with this shit is opposite and equally strong when making a counter point, the balance has to exist. It's just extremes. I went to the George Carlin/ Lenny Bruce school of comedy though so....I am biased.

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Forgot to say you were correct, and that I share your opinion as well.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Thanks for saying you agree. I love George Carlin and I agree with freedom of expression. But to my recollection, Carlin never incited hate. Never said he'd kill his own child. We have freedom of expression, but you can't stand up in a crowded theatre and yell "FIRE!" without getting in trouble. You can't tell people you are planning to kill them without getting in trouble. You can't tell your employee you want to have sex with them without getting in trouble. Freedom of expression does not take away a person's responsiblity for what they do and say. I get so tired of this argument.

I agree that he has a right to say what he wants. But I still find it disturbing that he did say this.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Okay, well, probably time for me to exit this thread.... all anyone is doing is giving half-assed philosophy with regard to the phenomenon of people saying things you don't agree with. The world is made up of different people? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks. Homophobic people exist in this world? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks. We have freedom of expression in this country? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks.

Though I appreciate the "lessons" I'm being taught here, it all is beside the point. I'm angry about the fact that Tracy Morgan said some homophobic comments. A very specific situation. Apparently far too specific for those who are responding. lol

Last edited:

uncut_1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Okay, well, probably time for me to exit this thread.... all anyone is doing is giving half-assed philosophy with regard to the phenomenon of people saying things you don't agree with. The world is made up of different people? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks. Homophobic people exist in this world? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks. We have freedom of expression in this country? Really? Hadn't known that. Thanks.

Though I appreciate the "lessons" I'm being taught here, it all is beside the point. I'm angry about the fact that Tracy Morgan said some homophobic comments. A very specific situation. Apparently far too specific for those who are responding. lol

just accept the fact that not everyone cares... too many other important things in life to worry about other than what 1 guy thinks about someones sexuality...
you made a very vague opening post, others voiced their opinions.. take it for what it is, you seem upset that everyone isnt losing sleep over it

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well maybe it's not just a joke. I think the o.p. is suggesting that joke or not the comments were offensive and hurtful, as they would be were they made about someone of any particular race, gender, etc.