Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I leisurely shopped at both today and found myself pondering which has a greater concentration of hot MILF and yoga-chick minge.

I think TJ's, with it's more relaxed price points and value orientation has the edge on age-spread and diversity, but Whole Foods seems to draw the real high-end talent. Either way, you could do a lot worse than killing some time scoping the post-work-day-pre-yoga-class eye candy at one of these emporiums of sustainability.

What say the LPSG crowd?

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

I am not sure they're in the same league.

I severely punished Whole Foods for milking me dry all those years without ever rewarding me for my loyalty, and for their risible PC crap self-righteousness. These days, I only occasionally patronize them, and only for things that I can't find anywhere else.

P.S.: Oh yeah....Some hot numbers shopping there: both male and female.

Last edited by a moderator:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I used to think
Whole Foods was way too expensive, but my neighborhood stores have way passed them in price and so now I shop at WF most of the time.

Trader Joe's
I like and ocassionally shop there because of their sales
on various items (love their great monthly newspaper), but don't like their slave-like policies regarding their employees and suppliers.

Both have humpy and hot employees and shoppers, but if I had to say which was more of a pleasurable experience.....
Whole Foods would be it..

Last edited:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This yoga-chick wonders why you are not in class? My classes are about 99% female. Whenever a guy shows up, we all want to watch him as much as we can and hope that he sets his matt next to ours. It's lovely to watch a man do yoga.
You'll notice majority of the girls at the end will specifically "Namaste" for you, too.

OP: We only have Trader Joes here and I rarely shop there. If we had WF, I would shop there simply because they support Top Chef.

I leisurely shopped at both today and found myself pondering which has a greater concentration of hot MILF and yoga-chick minge.

I think TJ's, with it's more relaxed price points and value orientation has the edge on age-spread and diversity, but Whole Foods seems to draw the real high-end talent. Either way, you could do a lot worse than killing some time scoping the post-work-day-pre-yoga-class eye candy at one of these emporiums of sustainability.

What say the LPSG crowd?

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This yoga-chick wonders why you are not in class? My classes are about 99% female. Whenever a guy shows up, we all want to watch him as much as we can and hope that he sets his matt next to ours. It's lovely to watch a man do yoga.
You'll notice majority of the girls at the end will specifically "Namaste" for you, too.

OP: We only have Trader Joes here and I rarely shop there. If we had WF, I would shop there simply because they support Top Chef.

I try to pose along with ms tsunami's routine sometimes. She does hot room Bikram 3x a week and it is fucking brutal.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Any form of Hot Yoga is difficult even for those of us who do it often. My first few classes left my body in pain for a few days afterwards. I want to mention that hot yoga can cause serious injuries if you're not already around an average level two of any style who practices often. Mastering the poses is key to being able to flow and breathe correctly.

You might really like a level one Vinyasa. She obviously has the skill level to teach it to you. It could also be a fun thing to do together. I love when my hubby wants to do yoga w/me!

D

deleted15807

Whole Foods is a much better experience.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Trader Joe's I like and ocassionally shop there because of their sales
on various items (love their great monthly newspaper), but don't like their slave-like policies regarding their employees and suppliers.

Interesting...I know two people who work at TJs (one full time, one part time) and they love it. The company expects allot from their crew...but they pay well above average and offer benefits that exceed the likes of WalMart or the Kroger Companies.

Whole Paycheck can be affordable if you stick the their generic 360 brands and stay the hell away from the prepared meal area...but that is true of any store. TJs dosent have the scope and variety that WF offers...but has good off the wall products and all the basics. As far as eye candy goes...IMHO both attract above average shoppers. I have yet to be nearly run over by someone in a Rascal scooter bee-lining for the soda aisle at either store..... but I have war wounds from Kroger, Jewel and Mejier.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

All I can go by is....that some of the TJs employees in my neighborhood here in NYC (Chelsea/Flat Iron District area of Manhattan) were on strike along with those protesting the working conditions of employees of farms here in the US and overseas. This went on
for a couple of months. I know that during that time I talked with some TJs employees and after hearing their story, did not cross their picket line until the strike was settled.

I am not sure if the problem still exists, so I guess I should have not said anything.

Last edited:

Trader Joe's or Whole Foods?

welllllll.... they are two different places!

honestly, for stuff i could only get at a whole foods, i would go to a co-op or order online anyways.

...and can you get 2 Buck Chuck at a whole foods? noooooooooooooooo way. plus, TJ's frozen pizzas ROCK.

I severely punished Whole Foods for milking me dry all those years without ever rewarding me for my loyalty, and for their risible PC crap self-righteousness. These days, I only occasionally patronize them, and only for things that I can't find anywhere else.

you punished them? lol how'd that go? ;D

i totally hear you. they are a bunch of "good PR" whores.... i have a friend who lives in Pittsburgh, and during the G20 protests last year these protesters decided to try and rip up her local WF's parking lot to plant a garden. they all got stomped by police, but i still love it when people shove, or attempt to shove, that company's hypocracy in their smug faces. lol

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like Trader Joes. Whole Foods I find so over-priced and yuppie.
There is a local market in my neighborhood that I absolutely love...Oliver's. They have everything from raw unpasteurized organic dairy to Pop Tarts....organic unrefined coconut crystals to processed table sugar.

I wish every neighborhood had an Olivers Market.

Last edited: