Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
We should probably lift the ban that prevents women from replying to the thread.
Wouldn't do much good even if there was one to lift... you've got liiiiike.... 2? Active female politics forum contributors?
*Shrugs*

I'd love to see a crap ton more speak in here since this legitimately is a "Women's Issues" forum worthy thread just as much as a "Politics" forum thread.

Reactions: Thikn2velvet1

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why is it that some will never say anything to promote greater understanding and acceptance of transgender people, but instead will only bring up hot-button issues like athletics and restrooms as a way to present transgender people as threatening and destabilizing?

Some soul searching may be in order here.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Why is it that some will never say anything to promote greater understanding and acceptance of transgender people, but instead will only bring up hot-button issues like athletics and restrooms as a way to present transgender people as threatening and destabilizing?

Some soul searching may be in order here.
Why are you trying to destabilize a legitimate act of asking for opinions for or against said issue.... contribute legitimately or knock off your blatantly obvious trolling behavior haha.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why are you trying to destabilize a legitimate act of asking for opinions for or against said issue.... contribute legitimately or knock off your blatantly obvious trolling behavior haha.

Nothing is more legitimate than to consider, not just the question being raised, but the motivation behind it. If you don't care to address such concerns, that's entirely up to you. Others may do as they choose, without seeking your permission.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Nothing is more legitimate than to consider, not just the question being raised, but the motivation behind it. If you don't care to address such concerns, that's entirely up to you. Others may do as they choose, without seeking your permission.
And what motive are you taking from Dodson asking people for their opinions on this...

Last edited:

BillDodson

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
And what motive are you taking from Dodson asking people for their opinions on this...

they are behaving exactly as one would expect, its remarkable how accurate it is.

It's a question worth discussing, it says something about who we are as a society. I'm curious the perspective of others. I don't care where someone pees. It doesn't change my life.

Excuse me, but why can’t these questions be asked? Let alone, why can’t men give their opinion on this subject?
Women have already called out these injustices. If they feel a certain way, why are their voices being silenced? You as a man have no right to do so. How misogynistic of you.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Excuse me, but why can’t these questions be asked? Let alone, why can’t men give their opinion on this subject?
Women have already called out these injustices. If they feel a certain way, why are their voices being silenced? You as a man have no right to do so. How misogynistic of you.

Say what?

Since your response has nothing to do with what I said, I'm guessing you meant to reply to someone else.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's a question worth discussing, it says something about who we are as a society. I'm curious the perspective of others. I don't care where someone pees. It doesn't change my life.

There are any number of questions worth discussing about transgender people and who we are as a society. You chose to raise a question about how they make things more problematic for the rest of us. Perhaps, in other posts, you've raised questions about the difficulties transgender people themselves face trying to find acceptance--but I haven't seen it.

You're free to focus on what you want, of course, just as I'm free to think there are more compassionate and worthwhile conversations to be had.

Reactions: b.c.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
There are any number of questions worth discussing about transgender people and who we are as a society. You chose to raise a question about how they make things more problematic for the rest of us. Perhaps, in other posts, you've raised questions about the difficulties transgender people themselves face trying to find acceptance--but I haven't seen it.

You're free to focus on what you want, of course, just as I'm free to think there are more compassionate and worthwhile conversations to be had.
they are behaving exactly as one would expect, its remarkable how accurate it is.

There's his motive... question answered...

Kling...Well sir... you are entitled to think that. But disruption of this conversation and attempting to end it shortly after even coming into existence is not appropriate... should this situation devolve into hate speech and pure and blatant acts of hate crime equivalent talk when discussing the matter... I'll even assist you in trying to end this talk...

But... the fact stands... this is a hot topic effecting our country and perhaps the whole world... it's fair game to talk about as people wish.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There's his motive... question answered...

Kling...Well sir... you are entitled to think that. But disruption of this conversation and attempting to end it shortly after even coming into existence is not appropriate... should this situation devolve into hate speech and pure and blatant acts of hate crime equivalent talk when discussing the matter... I'll even assist you in trying to end this talk...

But... the fact stands... this is a hot topic effecting our country and perhaps the whole world... it's fair game to talk about as people wish.

I haven't attempted to end the conversation; I certainly don't have that power. I've simply questioned the premise behind that conversation--which, as you see, has only led to further discussion.

And yes, this is a "hot" topic--I said as much--largely because it affords an opportunity to present transgender people as a problem, as somehow trying to steal something they don't deserve. So while the status of transgender athletes *is* a difficult issue in need of resolution, it's also important to keep in mind the agendas being served when the topic is discussed.

Reactions: b.c.

Thikn2velvet1

Admired Member
Media
largely because it affords an opportunity to present transgender people as a problem, as somehow trying to steal something they don't deserve. So while the status of transgender athletes *is* a difficult issue in need of resolution, it's also important to keep in mind the agendas being served when the topic is discussed.

You are out of line here. There is no agenda here. This is a specific circumstance where transgendered people can be rightly seen as a “problem,” a problem for biologic women who cannot effectively compete against transgendered athletes. You utter lack of empathy for girls who have trained their entire lives only to be bested by TGed girls who have a clear genetic advantage is telling.

But again it is not surprising that in your mind the rights of one group of people should be sacrificed at the altar of Identity group politics.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are out of line here. There is no agenda here. This is a specific circumstance where transgendered people can be rightly seen as a “problem,” a problem for biologic women who cannot effectively compete against transgendered athletes. You utter lack of empathy for girls who have trained their entire lives only to be bested by TGed girls who have a clear genetic advantage is telling.

But again it is not surprising that in your mind the rights of one group of people should be sacrificed at the altar of Identity group politics.
No one is transgenderED. Transgender is an adjective. Adjectives don't have a past tense.

Reactions: keenobserver

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I haven't attempted to end the conversation; I certainly don't have that power. I've simply questioned the premise behind that conversation--which, as you see, has only led to further discussion.

And yes, this is a "hot" topic--I said as much--largely because it affords an opportunity to present transgender people as a problem, as somehow trying to steal something they don't deserve. So while the status of transgender athletes *is* a difficult issue in need of resolution, it's also important to keep in mind the agendas being served when the topic is discussed.
I'm sorry you appear to feel its detrimental to transgender people but...

The standard genders have rights just as much as transgender individuals... and the issue is that biological females are majorly unable to compete against male to female transgenders and there has been a social outcry to see their participation in female-only sports ended...

It IS a problem in this case. A problem that it is not fair at all to expect biological from birth female athletes to compete against biologically and physically superior testosterone filled transgender athletes.

"THEY" are not the problem... their being allowed to compete against biologically weaker athletes is the problem.... their biology and anatomy is the problem... when competing on the "Female ONLY Stage of competition..".... similar to the sports and olympics issues of steroid use / hgh / testosterone / doping issues. And THOSE are issues amongst biologically similar individuals who are taking supplements to get an edge...

This issue is comparable to those issues because it is athletes who are suppose to be competing against one another in as similar a "standard" as possible, leaving out the outliers of natural talent and practice making them better "through hard work".... these athletes are given an unfair advantage over the biological females because their bodies in all senses of the word are still Male.

Which is why you have movements wanting transgender participation in female sports to end until their bodies meet certain criteria and could be brought down to the level of standard female athletes of their age groups.

Just because "they come that way"... doesn't make it fair to the biological female athletes who in no way shape or form without doping can hope to have such a biological edge over the competition like they clearly do....

They are by their participation stealing something they don't deserve right now because they aren't even starting from the "starting point" of playing on equal footing with their counterparts in their anatomical makeup.

The agenda is... "How to make it fair and equal again... where biology can no longer be an excuse for such superiority"...

One answer to that IS... they should not be competing against biological females ever...

Another like i say again is... they are not allowed to compete until their biology loses all traces of superior "Male" levels of testosterone and anatomy capable to producing said superiority within their bodies.

And many many more possible reasons to.... end goal... Let them play, because it becomes "fair" again.

The agenda.... is to find the best solution... with total banishment of their participation being a last resort if one cannot be found...

And... more so... this is LPSG... not a meeting of the board of every major female sports industry and organization. SO NO MATTER WHAT.... what happens here will never effect the real world and how it chooses to address these issues... so "coming to the defense of the real world" and transgender society because you smell the possibility of nefarious intent... is not needed.

Unless one of you fuckers is some highly powerful individual in those "realms" who ended up here to research their penis haha...

:no_mouth::neutral: *Suspicious Staaaaaaaare* haha

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NCAA Policy on Transgender Student-Athlete Participation

The following policies clarify participation of transgender student-athletes undergoing hormonal treatment for
gender transition:

1. A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone
for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes
of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s
team without changing that team status to a mixed team.
2. A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for
Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition
may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without
changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression
treatment.8

Any transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatment related to gender transition may participate
in sex-separated sports activities in accordance with his or her assigned birth gender.

• A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who is not taking testosterone related to gender transition may
participate on a men’s or women’s team.
• A trans female (MTF) transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatments related to
gender transition may not compete on a women’s team.

You may review the entire NCAA policy by visiting http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Transgender_Handbook_2011_Final.pdf.

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
NCAA Policy on Transgender Student-Athlete Participation

The following policies clarify participation of transgender student-athletes undergoing hormonal treatment for
gender transition:

1. A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone
for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes
of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s
team without changing that team status to a mixed team.
2. A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for
Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition
may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without
changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression
treatment.8

Any transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatment related to gender transition may participate
in sex-separated sports activities in accordance with his or her assigned birth gender.

• A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who is not taking testosterone related to gender transition may
participate on a men’s or women’s team.
• A trans female (MTF) transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatments related to
gender transition may not compete on a women’s team.

You may review the entire NCAA policy by visiting http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Transgender_Handbook_2011_Final.pdf.
Good info.. and those people are intelligent... those rules are right now as good as can be expected.

A rule i would add... "MTF Transgender Athletes seeking to continue participating on the women's team of any sport, after having successfully met the regulations previously mentioned, shall and must comply with periodic blood tests during seasonal sports physicals and possible random testing to insure that hormone blockers are still being actively taken as prescribed by the athletes medical provider..."

Fair, on the same level as doping rules... and the school(s) can be made to pay for it if they want to raise issues AFTER the standard seasonal physicals.

Sounds fair to me.

Do you have a similar rules list as it pertains to High School Level athletics?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good info.. and those people are intelligent... those rules are right now as good as can be expected.

A rule i would add... "MTF Transgender Athletes seeking to continue participating on the women's team of any sport, after having successfully met the regulations previously mentioned, shall and must comply with periodic blood tests during seasonal sports physicals and possible random testing to insure that hormone blockers are still being actively taken as prescribed by the athletes medical provider..."

Fair, on the same level as doping rules... and the school(s) can be made to pay for it if they want to raise issues AFTER the standard seasonal physicals.

Sounds fair to me.

Do you have a similar rules list as it pertains to High School Level athletics?
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 10.26.31 AM.png

Terms of Service and Rules

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Its high school athletics rules policies info.... not discussing any specific high school aged individual(s) and or person(s)...

High school athletics rules is a talk about policy... not the seeking of stories, information, etc. On sub 18 yr old individuals.

Thank you for raising that rule... but i don't believe it applies in "this" instance... any mod viewing this can chime in if they wish.