Transferring Pictures from a Mobile Phone to a Computer?

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Does anyone know how to do this? My camera has been broken, but I got some great shots of the place I hiked yesterday with my phone, and really want to put them on my computer.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mobile service providers have it set up so you cannot directly connect your phone to your computer. You have to send them to your e mail by their service.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mobile service providers have it set up so you cannot directly connect your phone to your computer. You have to send them to your e mail by their service.

That is true. I have Verizon and send my pics to PIXplace and then email them to myself from there.

There are mobile data transfer sets that allow you to go directly from phone to PC and they are expensive.

You can also find torrents of the software that you need to do it without the Mobile service. Once you have hacked your phone, you can add your own ringtones, charge it from your computer, etc. Be advised that once you do that, the mobile provider will no longer give you customer support on the phone.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't live in America, so I don't have any idea how your service providers work. My computer has a bluetooth dongle, so I simply bluetooth my photos from my cellphone to my computer. I select the image, go to my menu, click on send and then bluetooth, a list of my paired devices comes up, I select my computer and it sends it across.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My last phone was capable of connecting to my computer to do file transfers with a cord which came with the phone. It was also able to search for bluetooth devices and I'm pretty sure I could have transferred files via blue-tooth, but I definitely didn't know how. With other phones, I simply sent myself the pictures via email, or I uploaded them to the phone service provider's page, and then dragged the images to my desktop from there.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think mobiles in the US must operate quite differently to those in Europe. In Europe if your phone is WAP enabled there are no problems in sending emails from it.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My last phone was capable of connecting to my computer to do file transfers with a cord which came with the phone. It was also able to search for bluetooth devices and I'm pretty sure I could have transferred files via blue-tooth, but I definitely didn't know how. With other phones, I simply sent myself the pictures via email, or I uploaded them to the phone service provider's page, and then dragged the images to my desktop from there.

That's usually how I do it, with a USB cable connection. I can use Bluetooth, IR or WiFi or take the data card out as well.

Having to email them and, presumably pay data charges purely due to cellular provider restrictions (read greed) seems entirely unreasonable!:eek: