Transformers

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
With Bayformers, a.k.a. TINO (Transformers in Name Only) coming out here in Korea in just a couple hours... I found that in spite of the fact that this movie will probably suck (or in the poorly chosen words of the tragically unhip Steven Spielberg, "Transformers will blow your ass."), I am still getting psyched to see it. I spent a little while on YouTube finding old clips of the original show and the awesome 1986 film. and a bunch of funny stuff too, of course. Thought I'd share some of my favorites.

First some fan-made trailers for the '86 film, done in the more contemporary overhyped style. I especially like the first one, even though the guy who did it had to redo some of the dialogue which I think hurt the overall effect because he was having trouble isolating the audio.

YouTube - Transformers: The Movie (1985) Re-made Trailer

This one's not as good, the editing isn't as well done, , but at least he's got original voices there.

YouTube - Transformers The Movie : Trailer Remix (1986)

The Fellowship of the Rings reimagined as a TF film:

YouTube - Transformers Lord of the Ring Trailer Mashup

A few classic scenes from the film:

YouTube - Optimus Prime Vs Megatron US 20th Anniversary Version.
YouTube - the death of optimus prime
YouTube - My Favorite Transformers the Movie Scene

That second one still makes me cry... I don't see that happening in the Bay version. Speaking of:

YouTube - Michael Bay's Transformers Spoof

A South Park/Transformers mash up about the Return of Optimus Chef:

YouTube - The Return of Optimus Prime.

More return of Optimus funniness. This one is f'ing hilarious if you remember the original show.

YouTube - The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime

This guy Dr. Smoov has uploaded several similar videos. A couple of the other good ones:

YouTube - Shockwave's Burden
YouTube - Heavy Metal Fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-aTbHsZJ9g

This one's just random:

YouTube - Transformers spoof-Lowrider

and this one reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. She was a huge Transformers geek and would have loved to be one of the people in this video:

YouTube - Real transformers

Not Transformers, but I thought you guys would appreciate this. Leader 1 getting gang raped:

YouTube - The GoBots Unintentional sex scene (Robo Gangbang)

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm a little young to remember the original, but I loved the spin off Beast Wars: Transformers when i was a kid. I'm not too excited, but I'll definitely go see it when it's out.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow I feel old, but that brought back memories.
I really never 'got' Transformers. That said, I don't remember much at all before the age of 8 or 9, so I have no idea if I'd even seen them when I was younger. :redface:
They would likely have been around before you were.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Spielberg hasn't let me down yet.. I am a big fan, look at JAWS... one of the greatest movies ever!

1. It's been a long time Spielberg did JAWS.

2. He "executive produced" this. He signed on AFTER the movie already had two producers (Murphy and DeSanto), a director (Bay), and a rough script. I doubt he had much influence on the picture.

3. I just got back from seeing the movie. Definitely much more Murphy and Bay than Spielberg in the mix.

4. Also, it sucked. I'll post a review in my myspace blog in a couple hours.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I really never 'got' Transformers. That said, I don't remember much at all before the age of 8 or 9, so I have no idea if I'd even seen them when I was younger. :redface:

The Transformers are five years older than you are, and had already peaked in popularity well before you were 8 years old. Though you are old enough to have been around when Beast Wars was the highest rated animated show in Canada. TF popularity has waxed and waned and the property has manifested itself a dozen different ways (including several different UK-exlusive comic series) but they never really went away completely. '85-86 was the apex, though.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Review posted.

www.myspace.com/ryan_nay

Newest blog, entitled "Damn You Michael Bay"

Muchas gracias. Though somewhat crestfallen, I'll be taking your advice and skipping the ticket booth on this one. When the DVD rip shows up on IsoHunt, that's when I'll get around to seeing just how right you are.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oz10 said:
I hoped and I hoped that there would be some saving grace. Michael Bay movies have as much plot as the little booklets Holy Rollers leave in libraries and the post office, but I thought I'd get enough Transformers to ignore all that and just stare at the screen like a kid. Now I want the movie to tank so hard that the people who created it are forced to make make CW shows, get caught in a To Catch A Predator sting, and eventually kill themselves in disgrace.

We can hope.

Many of the reviews have been fairly positive... saying that you CAN actually do what you described (turn your brain off and enjoy the action)... I couldn't. Even if I could I just don't enjoy the way Bay directs action scenes. That's supposed to be his biggest strength but he's still not very good at it IMO. I considered making my review a little less harsh so as not to hamper anyone else's ability to enjoy the film, but I really feel strongly about what I wrote. This movie could have been so much more. They totally screwed the pooch.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
First, two disclaimers: This type of movie doesn't grab me much, and the earlier movie and TV show were never on my radar screen.
That said, I found the movie reasonably good ... not great, but not an abomination, either.
(I can't, however, say that it 'hangs' well in my head this morning ... something any really good movie will do.)
This was my first exposure to Shia LaBeouf -- and I think he's a rare talent who's going to have a big career. Real charm and an intelligence that projects very well on the screen.
But then, that's what pretty well everyone seems to be saying ...

Dazza

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those trailers were fab. The second way gave away too much of the plot though. The lord of the rings one worked really well!