Transitioning And Lack Of Libido.

D

deleted6505551

No idea if this situation falls on the asexuality spectrum honestly. And I knew it was coming from my research so it isn't a surprise. But as my testosterone drops and estrogen becomes dominant my sex drive has changed from raging to null. I'm not sure if it's gone or just changed so dramatically that I don’t recognize it anymore. The surprising part is I don't miss it. Not feeling a need to get laid is actually peaceful and I rather hope it's permanent. I do still make love with my boyfriend and it seems better somehow. Maybe monogamy is possible in my lifetime after all. Any input? Might this be a change that stays with me long term?

Thanks,
Aly

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
While I have to preface this with “talk to your endocinologist”, my first thought is that perhaps your T has dropped too low.
One reason menopausal women can get a libido resurgence is the ratio between T and E slipping.
Mental stress around transitioning, additional meds you might be taking, especially in the mental health spectrum, but also blood pressure drugs, all knock libido for a loop.

I have a general impression that nonmonagamy leans to T dominance. And privilege.

D

deleted6505551

yes exactly.

having the armchair experts diagnose you is worrying.

talk to your doctor.

I hope you get your mojo back soon!

Hey and thanks for replying. After speaking with my doctor as well as some friends in the trans community I've come to realize that my sex drive didn't really leave so much as changed to the point I had trouble recognizing it. My mojo, as you put it is back just very, very different. To be honest, I am starting to enjoy the new way. My desires manifest in a less intense, more calm way. At the same time the act itself is far more intense. So I'll call that a win. Now if my boobs would just grow faster. lol