Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome!

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by B_lilylabia, Feb 25, 2008.

1. B_lilylabia

B_lilylabia New Member

Albums:
  2. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK that's wierd and kinda scary

3. photodudeuk

photodudeuk New Member

Albums:
    My gut feeling that this is BS

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I call bullshit.

5. seahorses

seahorses Member

I never seen such a bigger load of crap in all my life...Well no, I suppose there's a few other opinions previously boradcast through this might organ that can be considered equally as ludicous, but really! It’s a known fact that infants become familiar with masturbation (Yes, I bet there are some that don’t realise babies experience pleasurable feelings of a sexual nature) while laying face down in their cots. I suppose the next thing people will be claiming is this leads to cot deaths. Why, it might even be the Lords way of punishing the little tinkers for their wayward behaviour? I mean it seems alright for law abiding legal married adults to indulge in the missionary position; you don’t hear of many of them up and dying, even though technically they’re masturbating using somebody else’s body.

6. chrisj428

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Erm...

In all honesty, that sounds just a litle too familar for comfort. :nervous:

7. lonestar692000

lonestar692000 New Member

Albums:
    Agreed.

8. B_lilylabia

B_lilylabia New Member

Albums:
    Someone posted a comment on my site in response to this article, as follows

"I, unfortunately, suffer from this condition. I’ve been masturbating prone since I was 7-8 and I’m now 22. I cannot feel anything unless I masturbate prone or with a lot of pressure on my penis when using my hands. It has made me absolutely miserable."

Maybe it's not bullshit after all.

I don't claim to know anything about it, except that masturbating face-down seems to be pretty normal common behaviour, and why shouldn't it be - it's very effective after all. But, my understanding is that it only becomes an issue when it's the only way a man can reach orgasm, as indicated in the above comment.

Lily

9. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    My preferred method and yes it has caused some issues. Wife liked to be on top and I had lots of difficulty reaching orgasm. I just had to be on top.

10. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

You are right- I have read this somewhere before.
    I have seen stranger things in the medical community....TRUST ME.
    Just as you think never say never - someone comes in and add validity to the information.

11. LuceroJuarez

LuceroJuarez New Member

I was the one that made that post. With guidance from HealthyStrokes.com, I hope to restore my ability to feel sexual pleasure and to orgasm. It truly is terrible, and anyone that currently practices it should immediately cease what they are doing.

12. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

I am glad you were able to find some support and get assistance. Thank you sharing your story. I would not have ever know this condition existed.

13. LuceroJuarez

LuceroJuarez New Member

Thank you for the reassuring words, but it may be too late for me, unfortunately.

14. B_lilylabia

B_lilylabia New Member

Albums:
    "Go Ask Alice!" has this to say on the subject:

"Dear Worried about TMS,

Although the name itself might bring up a touchy subject, rest assured that Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome isn't as scary as it sounds. In 1998, Dr. Lawrence Sank proposed a theory of sexual dysfunction called Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome (TMS). In his journal article, he described the cases of four men who had erectile dysfunction and delayed orgasms (anorgasmia) while having sex with a partner. He claims that these disorders came about because the subjects usually masturbated while lying face down — the men tended to rub their penises against their hand, the surface of the floor, bed, pillow, or whatever they were laying on, in order to ejaculate. Once they were retrained to masturbate laying face up with their penises in their hands, their anorgasmia and erectile dysfunction supposedly became a thing of the past.

Pro-prone proponents of masturbating shouldn't worry about taking this theory lying down. Sank's theory isn't widely recognized in the medical community, and there hasn't been follow-up research to see if his claims are valid. Other researchers have cited that problems with getting and maintaining an erection or ejaculating may be related to more pressing issues, such as how often a guy masturbates. However, because sexual dysfunction can be caused by stressors in a person's emotional, psychological and/or physical well-being, there might be other issues at hand.

Masturbating is healthy and normal, as long as you're not getting hurt and it's not interfering with other aspects of your life. Feel free to enjoy yourself in whatever position you like best! But, if you're having problems enjoying the ride, it may help to try different techniques."

The last paragraph is where the issue lies - if it is interfering with other aspects of your life, then it is a problem.

Lily:shysmile:

15. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, you have people coming to a large penis support group talking about their 25" penises as well. Should we believe them too? :wink:

16. B_lilylabia

B_lilylabia New Member

Albums:
    No, course not! But I do like to keep an open mind about most things I read or am told about - it's very easy to be cynical and critical of others and I'm of the opinion that those who are so quick to doubt are probably recognizing something within themselves - it takes one to know one, so to speak.

There will always be bullshitters in all walks of life - there's no getting away from that, but in so far as people on this forum exaggerating their cock size, I couldn't give a damn - the proof of the pudding is always in the eating you know!

Lily
    :stups:

17. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ain't it the truth!

18. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I have to examine this from a purely medical point of view. Though damage to some structures would in theory be possible, if this were to be completely believed as written conventional heterosexual intercourse under the right circumstancese could be considered a cause of this as well.

What I find fascinating about this is that it never really cites the cause of the problem which is interference with the circulation of blood into and around the base of the penis. The reasons for this would be the same as damage done with enlargement devices such as pumps or interference with circulation resulting in localized anoxia from improperly done manual manipulation techniques.

I have grown to absolutely despise crap like this because it tells a story, but it, at the same time does not really tell the whole story, instead causing panic or fear based on incomplete information.

This almost looks like somthing that would be written by one of those "fine journalists" who write for the tabloids to sell papers.

The ONLY rule that always applies is to be careful of anything that can interfere with the circulation of oxygenated blood to any area of your body.

The rest of this belongs in "File -13"

19. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    My BF had this. It was a HUGE pain in the ass to get over it.

When we first started dating he couldn't come at all. He could only come the TMS way.

Eventually, with a little help from me, he got over it.

20. B_lilylabia

B_lilylabia New Member

Albums:
    It's always helpful to hear a medical point of view, as there is often a lot of scare-mongering concerning "rumours" such as the existence of TMS.

One thing though, in your professional opinion, would you discourage the use of 'cock-rings' due to the restriction of blood flow that they obviously cause?

Lily
    :33:

Draft saved Draft deleted