Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
With a forum like this that includes folks from all over the US and abroad, would it be weird to try and see if someone is near your destination that is open to having a weekend guest?

I raise and show animals and sometimes travel out of state to larger shows (Nationals, etc.) and think that instead of booking hotel rooms by myself, it would be kind of cool to meet and visit with other members that live close by.

I mean for me, If I knew that someone was planning a trip near us, and they seemed pretty cool, I would have no problem offering them a place to stay while they were here.

Is this niave, too trusting, completely off the wall...?:confused:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a very difficult question. I have met numerous people from LPSG that I would feel comfortable being their guest and would be thrilled to be their host. I have also met a few that I don't know if it would work out very well... I think if you have had some contact with people and have a working knowledge of their everyday life and their likes and dislikes it might be a safe bet.
I would be reluctant to stay with a complete stranger but that's just me. But on the other hand what I have heard about you; I would have no reservations being a guest in your home or having you stay with us...

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Depending on the people, and how well you know them and how well you get along -- I don't think it's off the wall.

If I were in Monterey, I'd meet you for coffee :)

EDIT: And your man too...

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hmm, I gues I didn't think about "the ones that wouldn't worK, lol. I guess I based my questions on the ones that I have met and have ended up being really good friends with.

Nudey, the feelings are very mutual!! :biggrin1:

and mick, you ever make it around here, coffee is on me!! :smile:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quite dear to me Heart accomodation, probably stemmed from WW Travel and i was utterly slutted off for years, upon seeing ALL these Churches etc in every country, with doors securely closed as in locked & bolted ha.
Often thought they would be ideal sanctuarys for travellers that were at a loss, some thought? ha
Dont know why i thought they should have felt obliged to offer a rest place ha.
Well i do actually, at the time.

RWC (Rugby World Cup) had visions of offering an open holliday for folk comming way down here to NZ, would have been basic living for a few weeks on an Island, However GLAD i never did take it on, as even if one lot of say Aussies, wanted to spend whatever time there, would have thrown me out completely haha, as i eventually came back to the mainland for a month, watched the games in comfort.

ALL that rave, and all i am saying is GREAT you put it out there CG, reciprocal stuff.
If i was in the USA it would be offered.
Not overly fussed re compatibility, often things work out better n expected huh?
Apart from Fares, accomodation is the bugbear wi costs huh, be a real bonus meeting the folk tho.

(see you yr partner and Hoss in NZ sometime then CG)

TheKeystonePlowboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll buy anybody a beer. That said I ain too worried if in the future I did cause I sleep light an loaded :AR15firing: I spect others feel the same whether they state it or not.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Come in, join us. Pet the doggie. Close the door. Drink this. Ignore that. Eat this. You're one of us now...

:damnit: I told you that part's supposed to be a secret :mad:

How are we supposed to get them here now?? :Eyecrazy:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you're ever trailering horses (or llamas or alpacas) from June through August between Wells and Jackpot, NV, on Highway 93, you'd be welcome to stop over and let your animals out for a couple of days to graze on real sagebrush steppe, drink artesian well water and loaf in the shade. As for you and yours, we have human food for entertaining guests. We don't expect you to eat baled alfalfa. But you're welcome to roll around and fuck in fields of fresh clover if you want. And we're a clothing optional operation.

Bring a coat. Lowest elevation on the ranch is 6,200 feet just west of H.D. Summit.

And if you decide we weren't "your kind of people" that's never a problem. I've got slightly more than five sections (3,200+ acres) to find whatever peace your looking for. You just can't steal my two ranch hands.

TallCurvyCutie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I genuinely like this idea, but am not in the position to host guests myself. As a female, I would not be opposed to staying with a guy if it was 100% understood that it is neither an obligation to nor guarantee of sex with him. Of course, staying with someone would be after extensive trust was built, regardless the gender of my prospective host. So, how about all my friends here on the East Coast and in Western Europe, hm?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've always wondered about this myself. My husband and I travel (usually not very far since we love camping and pull our own little vintage camper) so all we would need is a place to park our 14 ft camper and a place to plug in electric only. We are easy guests as we don't need to stay in someones house. But it's always nice to have a place to stay and not have to hunt around for one in a location we were thinking of visiting.

I don't have a home that is accommodating in a traditional sense because we are always remodeling something in our Victorian home. Who knows....maybe some day. I have always *liked* the idea of entertaining people in a unique way. There are many personas I'd love to toast a drink with.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
For the more frugal travelers you may consider couch surfing. The only requisite is that you, too, must have a couch. There is an entire network of couch surfers who are recommended by mutual friends who couch surf. The few times I've been stuck in Manhattan because of missed air travel connections, I've found surfing to be entertaining and a way to cement new friendships. We also have the occasional 'Mericuhn surfing on one of the couches in our Barcelona or Buenos Aires apartments. But that's once or twice a year. Usually we have Argentines needing a couch to sleep on as they club from Madrid through BCN and then down the coast. Just as long as it is mutually understood you'll spend no more than two nights (one is better), unless kismet hits and you're invited to spend more time. I'm sure there are enough LPSGers to keep a couch surfing thread going.

Just be prepared to cook a great dinner and be sure to do the dishes.

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you to ALL that have responded and especially the offers :biggrin1: Our location is posted in my profile, so if you're ever around... Welcome :smile:

To continue this thread,, the "couch" that I could use would be located somewhere close to Wilmington Ohio in mid April :smile:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wilmington Ohio is only over the mountain(range) from us. You could TOTALLY stay here!!!! (the drive is scenic... if a mild bit long [9hours or so ain't too long, is it?])

Darnnit, my limit is 8.5 hrs :frown1: just missed it :tongue:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am only 7 hrs away.:wink::smile:
LOL :biggrin1:

This may sound weird, but something like couchsurfing.com wouldn't really interest me. I guess tis place just seems like a community to me. I know, I know, nobody's real on the internet :rolleyes:.

Here, I haven't found that to be the case. Everyone that I have met has been very genuine.