Treadmill help

Harry Head

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So I am new to this site, and I am new to the big wang club. I never really measured until I started getting comments. Anyway, I show about five inches, and I am having comfort issues running on the tread mill. I tried briefs today for support, but it wound up chaffing my crotch. With boxers, I just rubbed too much against my shorts. What do you fellow runners suggest? I really love running at the gym, but I've had a lot issues with adjusting.
Thanks

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I am new to this site, and I am new to the big wang club. I never really measured until I started getting comments. Anyway, I show about five inches, and I am having comfort issues running on the tread mill. I tried briefs today for support, but it wound up chaffing my crotch. With boxers, I just rubbed too much against my shorts. What do you fellow runners suggest? I really love running at the gym, but I've had a lot issues with adjusting.
Thanks

My daily cardio includes 45 to 60 minutes on the treadmill. Am commando for the most part outside the gym. As crazy as it sounds, I wear RL Polo cotton briefs while running. I've found that nylon and mesh always lead to a bad case of chaffing. On MWF when I do my resistance training afterwards I switch to 2(x)ist with contour pouch. BTW, I detest jock straps cause both straps always seem to move up my crack.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe it depends on what kind of briefs you wear. I always wear briefs of a synthetic, sweat-wicking material, and I have never had any problem with chafing. (By the way, the verb that you guys want is "to chafe," not "to chaff." To chaff someone is to tease or kid him.) Here is a kind that I particularly like, from Terramar. I wear these under spandex shorts and I never have to worry about my crotch soaking in sweat. I don't think that cotton is a good choice for underpants for gym wear.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
.....I don't think that cotton is a good choice for underpants for gym wear.

I said, "As crazy as it sounds..." Mesh, nylon and other synthetics really do a number on me cause generally by the end of my run, I'm wetter in the groin area than I am when I get out of the pool in a Speedo.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I said, "As crazy as it sounds..." Mesh, nylon and other synthetics really do a number on me cause generally by the end of my run, I'm wetter in the groin area than I am when I get out of the pool in a Speedo.
Well, mesh is a weave, not a material, but I would guess that you are talking about nylon mesh. Nylon is not a wicking material, so your experience is not altogether surprising to me. But I don't think that you should generalize to other synthetic fibers. The briefs that I referred to are made of CoolMax polyester, and no material will keep you drier.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a problem with traditional jocks and the 'bunching' material on my balls, I wear cotton boxer briefs during work out, gives me better support but more room (wiht out the hellish ball 'bouncing' of commando..).

Sometimes I fold the pouch over (hard to explain) to give better room/support. Nothign worse to me that having your cock flop out at the gym...(well....depends on where you are and that a whole other thread)

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The intent of my first post was merely to describe what works well for me. As a personal trainer for 15 years, I agree with most experts that an ideal garment should be close-fitting, nonirritating, and able to wick away moisture. Rather than state “as crazy as it sounds”, perhaps it would have best been phrased: “I’m an exception to the general rule.” I also wanted to avoid a lengthy discussion on skin conditions and infections that may result from running and jogging, such as eczema, heat rash (prickly heat), allergic rashes, jock itch, etc. Heat, perspiration, changes in body temperature, intensity of the workout and stress can exacerbate all of those skin conditions and infections. Perspiration helps to regulate our body’s temperature by cooling us down as it evaporates through our skin. Wearing tight-fitting shorts in fabrics such as nylon and polyester can trap sweat, raise the temperature of skin, cause the skin to swell and in turn plug sweat ducts. “Heat rash” occurs when these blocked ducts force sweat to trickle into your skin rather than out of it. In general, this problem usually develops on clothed areas of your body, such as the abdomen, neck, upper chest, back, groin and armpits. Most of us have experienced “jock itch” which differs in that it is a rather common infection caused by a fungus or yeast.

Individual factors can also play an important role: age, % body fat, fluid intake, intensity level of training, concentration of oil glands, etc. Except for a pumper’s ring, I don’t shave the forest in my groin area. Some of you do, while others perhaps have little body hair.

Despite the fact that I’m not a “Fabric Aficionado” that relies heavily on spell-checker, cotton works well for me. I know the difference between open- and closed mesh weaves, as well as natural and synthetic fabrics. At one time or another, I’ve probably tried everything available in the Undergear catalogues, Academy, and department stores.

My running shorts are Nike (95% cotton, 5% Spandex), my tops are Nike FITDRY, my socks are Nike self-wicking and yes, my shoes are Nike Airs.
From May to October, I also swim 2 miles daily (a carryover from swimming in H.S. and college). Thus, I’m also familiar with “bikini bottom”, however that infection doesn’t apply here unless you continue to wear cotton briefs after heavy perspiration. Likewise, “Acne mechanica” which results from rubbing, heat, pressure and sweating caused by heavy protective padding in athletes is only rarely seen in runners.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks

try these

Slingshot Bikini (w/ c-ring) - Pouch - Comfy Underwear that Fits!

Cotton Pouch Boxer - Pouch - Comfy Underwear that Fits!

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't run and even try to stay away from the treadmill even though I do the hill program once in awhile on one. I mainly spend about 45 to 60 minutes on the eliptical machine. Although I am about 5 1/2 inches long soft I don't seem to have problem with sensitivity while on either. I wear boxers under gym shorts or pants. Maybe I wear my pants a little tighter than others that do have this problem so there is not as much movement. Maybe a jock would be of some help with your problem.

Harry Head

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks guys. I switched back to boxers for the last few days, but still falling out and having the same adjustment problems. This usually results in a weird leg kick and a pull. Anyway, I am going to go shopping this weekend for some kind of relief. Thanks again.

cyberczar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I sometimes wear speedos under my running shorts. They provide more support. There's no way I can freeball anything. I absolutely must have support or I get extremely uncomfortable.