Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This is something that I forgot it exists...... a triangle... it's (often) a monogamous ... or should I rather call it duogamous ... relationship where there are 3 partners.. instead of two like in the classical concept... So yeah law in most places doesn't allow such a relationship, but we're not talking about marriage here, it's a normal love relationship.

I lately discovered that a person I know (not so close to call him a friend) has a relationship with 2 other guys. And he's not a slutty person, he lived all these years with one partner with whom he had a great relationship, true love! But now he has a new partner and the old partner shares the feelings for him too, so now they are 3.

At first, I felt it was wrong, but then after deeply thinking about it, I discovered how beautiful this can be. It's not an open relationship AT ALL. It's like monogamy, expect with 3 instead of 2. And come on, it's already hard to find one person to truly love.... and in a normal relationship... finding 2 people you love can mean the end of love with both! So isn't the fact all these 3 people truly love each other something beautiful?

I know I sound strange, perhaps I'm just so excited cause I thought that now that I accept that I could perhaps fall in love with a guy ... well why not a triangle? With a guy and a girl... No open relationship, be satisfied with both of my partners of both genders.
Then again I suppose the chances for such a relationship to work or even start are so small, that I'd have better chances finding a woman born as a hermaphrodite with a fully developed large penis........ which I guess would be fun too heh

But anyways, what are your thoughts about this type of relationships? I wrote this whole thread cause I realized it's not so bad after all and if it works then it's wonderful!

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
Emotionally strong threesomes can in fact work. I was in a great MMF menage for three years. We had no sex outside of the relationship, but I do not think that sexual exclusiveness is a necessary element.

As a bisexual, it was incredible to have it all together. There was occasionally some jealousy, but we worked that out. The sex was great. Usually it was the three of us together, but each of the three pairs also would have sex separately. It was a deep emotional relationship very much like a marriage.

We eventually broke up over the issue of lack of acceptance by families and uncertainty as to whether we were comfortable having children as a threesome. Now, many years later, I think that we were overly concerned about those issues, and that it could have worked out fine. I was married to my wife when the other guy came into our lives, and I am still married to her.

Our friends accepted our threesome just fine. It was a very exciting period in my life, and it was great being something other than plain vanilla.

I do think that people are capable of sharing lovers, and that twosomes are not the only way to go in life. I think that, as bisexuality becomes more accepted, there will be more and more plural relationships. Also, plural relationships of a single gender. I also think that plural marriage should and will be accepted, eventually. More of that is discussed on the thread "http://www.lpsg.org/133057-beyond-gay-marriage.html."

Also, check yout the link below about sharing one's wife with a close male friend.

Last edited:

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a concept, I believe triadic relationships are amazing, if for no other reason than the complex emotional and logistical aspect of it. Look at how many dual relationships out there fail... to hold a triadic one is a thing of beauty. In practical terms, I've never been in one nor known anyone to be in one, and so I don't know how many out there actually last. I would assume that society's pressure would make this a short lived experience for most if not all. I am also all about "queering" things, and I don't mean that in the sence of "turning things gay". I like to defy tradition, and this to me is a prime example of how beautiful lack of standardization can be.

On an aside, I realise this is also rare, but how many people out there have heard the coment that one person loved 2 people very much (even if not equally) but had to chose. If triadic rels were accepted, this may not be such a curse to those in that situation. Quite the opposite.