Tribute To Aussies

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
1. You're familiar with Neighbours, Home and Away, Playschool, A Country Practice, Norman Gunton, Barry Humphries, Blue Heelers, Ray martin, bert newton, Lisa McCune, Jon Burgess, Number 69, Molly Meldrum, Kerry Packer and Rupert Murdoch.

2. You know that Burger King doesn't exist. It's Hungry jacks.

3. You know the diffrence between thongs and a G-Banger.

4.You know that "stubbies" are either short shorts or a small beer bottles, a "gimp","bogan" or "geezer" is a random idiot, someone in trouble is in "strife" and you are liable to bust out laughing whenever you hear of Americans "rooting" for someone.

5. You know that some ppl pronounce "Australia" like "Strayla" and that's OK.

6. You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in "O" : arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, milko, muso, servo, smoko, speedo, righto..etc.

7. You know that there is a universal place called "woop woop" located in the middle of nowhere...no matter where you actually are.

8. You know that while we call our friends "mates" we don't use terms like "shelia" and "shrimp on the barbie", contrary to popular belief.

9. One word : Skippy.

10. You drive on the left-hand side of the road.

11. You know that all Americans think that we are all Steve Irwin clones. And Crikey! they couldn't be more wrong.

12. You have at some point in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer.

13. You feel obliged to spread salty black stuff that looks like congealed motor oil on bread...and actually grow to like it. You've also squeeze Vegemite through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.

14. You have the ability to compress several words into one -ie 'g'day and 'd'reckn?. This allows more space for profanities.

15. You have used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad. rad, sweet - to mean good. And then you place "bloody" in front of it when you REALLY mean it.

16. You know what fairy bread tastes like, and you can't imagine a childhood without it.

17. You know the first verse of the national anthem, but still don't know what "girt: means and you're OK with that.

18. You've heard the Prime Minister dismiss anyone who disagrees with him as "UN-Australian" and that's enough to have them sit down and shut up.

19. You know that Italy should have never been granted that fateful kick in the 2006 Soccer World Cup.

20. You know that the value of public holiday is measured in terms of alchohol. God bless the Queen and her 4-day birthday.

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Haha good list, pretty much everything describes my life... Except I have never heard anyone say "g-banger" before, and I hope to never endure the pain of such an encounter :)

benoc

Experimental Member
Media
Good list but I do have two un-Australian qualities. I don't really taste the enjoyment in Vegimite or Lamingtons.

And to all those non Australian's noone here drinks Fosters. Its crap and thats why we export it. Just had to clear up that misconception. Everywhere in the world I travel I see it and it bugs the crap out of me.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And to all those non Australian's noone here drinks Fosters. Its crap and thats why we export it. Just had to clear up that misconception. Everywhere in the world I travel I see it and it bugs the crap out of me.

The same goes for both Corona and Beck's...they're marketed as premium imports here in the States, but I have it on good authorities from both Mexico and Germany that these are both swill that locals wouldn't use to rinse their toilets.

Interestingly, I noticed the last time I was in London that lots of pubs had Budweiser on tap as a premium import. Most folks here at home consider Bud to be piss-water and wouldn't drink it if you gave it to them free.

Greener pastures and all, right?