Tried a cock ring tonight - for the first time

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What do they do? Just give you a harder boner?

No they help keep the erection.

The same results that industialsize mentioned can be obtained from squeezing the base of the penis with your hand. I use it as a method of preventing ejaculation. If I do this for an extended period of time, when I do ejaculate it is very explosive.

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
They probably work by pooling blood, they make the preasure inside the penis force the blood out quick enough to match what blood is coming in that's why the penis becomes harder but does not eventually burst. I'm pretty sure they could cause single capillaries or even larger blood vessels to burst. Could the capabilities of the penis to withstand higher preasure be improved over time so that tighter rings can be used?

I know that pumping and rings are used in treating impotence, medically they are treatments which help more then damage the patient.

orbit03

Just Browsing
Media
I've played with one while alone, but haven't tried it on for the wife. I would like to try it on some night and see if she notices a difference. I think I need to wait for the right time (ie, she's had a little to drink. ;) ).

Dazza

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wearing them regularly for short periods shouldn't cause you any harm. It depends how long you wear it for and what size it is.
If it is making your cock go blue, feels cold and numb thats a sign that its a bit too tight! Leave it on any longer and you risk your cock literally clotting off and dropping off!
If its the right size it should decrease the amount of blood leaving the penis and make you erection stronger and harder. As long as the capillary refill time is less than 3 secs (press on the head of your cock and see how long it takes for the color to return) then its ok. If you find you cannot lose your erection then its too tight and you are in trouble.
I wear one every now and then and have had no problems with it. Your run into problems if you leave it on for hours with an erection.
My cock looks insane when I use one, see my gallery for a pic (the one where I am sat down). My wife loves it but my cock gets quite fat and she has trouble squeezing it in.:tongue:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The black thin rubber ones or leather ones obviously are more "forgiving" than metal ones or hard plastic ones. I love the black, thin, rubber ones.

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Lake Los Angeles (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Adrian:

The only time you have to worry about damage is if it is too tight so that blood circulation is acutally CUT OFF or it is so tight that you forget it is on too long because you start to go numb and become unaware of it. the key is to get one (i prefer the elastic ones (jelly or silicon (i think) instead of the metal or leather ones that can't stretch) and size it so that it feels FIRM but not TIGHT. Also if you feel ANY discomfort like a burning sensation (kinda like the pins and needles sensation you get when you fall asleep on your arm or hand) then remove it immediately and get one slightly larger in diameter because after you go numb you wont get the cues you are having problems until it may be to the point of real damage. A good rule of thumb for sizing i feel is safe is to measure the circumference at the absolute base of your penis (i like to wear my ring BEHIND my balls, to keep the ring from riding up and to also cover the most shaft possible, so when you measure there you will usually get a LARGER number), calculate the diameter and get an elastic ring about 1/4" (to 1/2" depending on the "stretchiness" of the material) SMALLER than the diameter you calculate for starter. If you experience no problems or after your penis gets somewhat "trained" in experiencing the ring you can try 3/4" smaller or even more. But once again be AWARE of it. I find you actually get a better feeling and overall experience (especially at the point of ejaculation) with the CORRECT size and not the TIGHTEST one you can bear because the blood in your penis is still allowed a high degree of circulation.

I dont need one to maintain an erection and if i decide to use it i put it on after about 15 or 20 minutes of having and maintaining an erection. That way my penis is at its fullest and you can gauge the best fit. The difference in the feeling of engorgement slightly past what your cock acheives without one can be quite exciting, like having the ullitmate raging, extra veiny, fierce-looking hardon. This also excites my partner. You may also notice a slight increase in size especially the head, which my partners also appreciate.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The difference in the feeling of engorgement slightly past what your cock acheives without one can be quite exciting, like having the ullitmate raging, extra veiny, fierce-looking hardon. This also excites my partner. You may also notice a slight increase in size especially the head, which my partners also appreciate.

yes yes yes!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd think it has the same risks/effects of cutting off the blood circulation to any other part of the body. Blood carries oxygen and since living cells of your body need oxygen, cutting that off is like any oxygen deprivation. The best I guess one could compare it to is a penis tournicate. Like a bad laceration, a tournicate is used to stop the blood from flowing. Unfortunately, when that is achieved, the body part that is also effected by the lack of blood and oxygen is adversely effected. With too tight a restriction, in this case it's not a hand, foot, but your penis.

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Lake Los Angeles (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
transformer

wearing a cock ring that is sized properly is not even CLOSE to the same pressure applied to STOP bleeding. it's like comparing apples and oranges.

as with a LOT of activities, doing it to the EXTREME can have dire consequences. cock rings along with dildos (one could say those are unsafe too depending on how thick, long, how much lube is used, etc.) are probably the oldest and the most common sex aids/toys sold.

you can squeeze your penis too hard mastubating and cause damage. does that mean we should not jack off? you can overdose on alcohol and DIE. your car has the potential to kill you instantly if are reckless. moral of the story just dont go to the EXTREME with this activity either.

the keys are PAY ATTENTION to your body and DONT go too tight and/or wear it for overly extended periods. no problem.

clarkma86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think anyone on this thread has really covered the issues with cock rings very well...

In the penis, most of the blood enters nearer the core of the penis and most of the blood leaves near the surface of the penis. To get/maintain an erection, the body naturally restricts the veins that allow blood to leave the penis, creating a high pressure in the penis, hence, erection! A cock ring further restricts the blood vessels that allow blood to exit the penis (since they are on the surface and can be restricted easily by external, physical pressure) to create an even larger flow differential, creating even more pressure, which means more engorgement, stiffer erections, and a nominally larger size (basically, you're going to get the most out of your penis as is possible with one of these things).

The problem with this is that, like any part of your body, the cells in your penis require oxygen for their respiration, and, without an adequate supply of it, will start to die off (this is called gangrene). Inadequate flow will result in inadequate oxygen supply for any part of the body. One example of inadequate flow causing gangrene is due to frostbite, which happens when extremities are exposed to cold temperatures for prolonged periods of time. The body, attempting to keep the overal body temperature up, will withdraw blood from this area of high heat loss. If that area remains cold for an extended period of time, gangrene (massive cell death) will occur.

In the penis with a cock ring, the lack of flow comes from restricting the outflow of blood from the penis too much. With the flow restricted that much, the blood will stagnate in the penis, leaving it oxygen depleted and rich with waste products (which would be carried away under normal operation). The general rule of thumb is that you shouldn't wear a cock ring for more than 20 minutes of time, because that's when you start running risks of complications due to oxygen depletion in blood.

I hope that explains it to anyone here who's confused...

Oncamale28

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My understanding is that they can damage the circulation of blood to the penis and cause nerve damage reducing long term sensation down there. I certainly wouldn't let my cock near one.
I suppose this is would be possible if you got one that is way too tight, but i've used one from time to time for years and it has done absoutely no dammage or loss of sensation...