Trimmed pussy?

Scarlet

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I find myself getting jealous of anyone who has a nice, smooth pubic region without irritation or bumps. It's especially bad when someone mentions they would NEVER go down on anyone not shaved. (Mainly lezzie friends.) I have dry, extremely sensitive skin and I feel like I've tried every shaving cream, razor and after-shave lotion (including Bikini Zone... in three different forms) and I always get bumps. Not cute. So... two questions...

Does anyone have this skin type and/or does/did anyone have this problem? Any tips or recommendations?

Second, I've pretty much resigned myself to "closely trimmed". As long as I don't have a bush, is it really that much a let down when you pull the panties down?

Thanks in advance. :)

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I use the Venus Spa Breeze razors with the gel stuff on each side. The pink ones smell the best. Anyway, I've found I rarely get any irritation while using these. I never use the same razor to shave my legs.

Tria has a neat hair remover but I think it's $500 and it only works on dark hair with light skin. Boo-hiss!

clav2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think you're just lovely, and speaking personally, I find a hairless pussy a bit juvenile and silly. I like a bit more of a natural look and enjoy the sight of pubic hair. Don't be self-conscious and be yourself, Scarlet. It's a great look.

Tau

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm the same Scarlet. Also very dry, sensitive skin and when I shave I get eczema on my nether regions as well as the awful bumps. Believe me when I say that eczema on the punanie is not a fun thing :tongue:. I keep mine well trimmed and I think it looks really pretty. I don't get the obsession with bald pussy - it kinda creeps me out because it looks like a plucked chicken so the fuzzy but unbushy look works just fine.

I find myself getting jealous of anyone who has a nice, smooth pubic region without irritation or bumps. It's especially bad when someone mentions they would NEVER go down on anyone not shaved. (Mainly lezzie friends.) I have dry, extremely sensitive skin and I feel like I've tried every shaving cream, razor and after-shave lotion (including Bikini Zone... in three different forms) and I always get bumps. Not cute. So... two questions...

Does anyone have this skin type and/or does/did anyone have this problem? Any tips or recommendations?

Second, I've pretty much resigned myself to "closely trimmed". As long as I don't have a bush, is it really that much a let down when you pull the panties down?

Thanks in advance. :)

Scarlet

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I use the Venus Spa Breeze razors with the gel stuff on each side. The pink ones smell the best. Anyway, I've found I rarely get any irritation while using these. I never use the same razor to shave my legs.

Tria has a neat hair remover but I think it's $500 and it only works on dark hair with light skin. Boo-hiss!

Seen those but hated the commercials with all the bushes and the chick moaning-singing. lol And for $500 I'd just invest in electrolysis, even if I did have dark hair. (Natural blond, so the pubes are light brown.)

D_Sandy_Krautch

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have the very same problem. The irritation gets incredibly painful and ugly. So, this is what I've come up with. Cover the area with shaving cream (men's seems to work better) while your skin is dry. Leave it on for 5-10 minutes to give the hair time to really soften. Shave it off (in the direction of hair growth if that's a close enough shave for you. If not... just do it against the hair growth). Make sure that you thoroughly dry the area when you're done. Also, buy yourself a bottle of tendskin and use as directed. when it's dry, make sure that you moisturize your skin with something unscented. I find that pure shea butter works better than anything else. The tend skin spendy but SOOOO worth it. You can buy it on ebay for significantly less sometimes. It truly helps. It took me ages to talk myself into buying it and now I wish that I had done it sooner.

P.S. If you shave again before the hair has a chance to grow back... it REALLY helps.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me I started just shaving everyday and it did get better over time. I bought a fusion razor and it was sooo much better than anything else I used. As soon as I have an extra grand to blow I'm going to get laser hair removal (not all of it though). I also started using Cortaid 10 (I think that's what it's called) and it really helped with stopping the red itchy bumps.

I like a bit of hair on the top and think trimmed looks nice. I'd go with what works for you and forget about what you think others want to see. If you're confident and well groomed all over that's what matters most.

I also prefer trimmed over shaven for men as well btw.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My personal preference is completely shaved. I've never heard any complaints about it.
I shave daily...gel shaving cream and a razor with moisturizer strips.

On occasion I use Nair sensitive area cream.

mwealex

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Completely shaven feel great when performing oral sex. Very few things better than feeling her skin. By no means is a good trim a deal breaker though.

D_Timmy Threenads

Account Disabled
Media
Scarlet, try Lush shaving cream. It's natural and unlike e.g. gillette it leaves a greasy layer on your skin. I love it.

As for completely shaved pussies: I agree with Clav2. It's a bit juvenile. I don't like it. Get even turned off by it.

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used to shave it all the time. I used to get bumps and little ingrown hairs that came with it. The stubble itched and I couldn't shave it every day because of the irritations and my hair grows super fast so it was never "smooth." In conclusion, I stopped because it was just uncomfortable and horrible and I just hated it. Nothing I did worked for the uncomfortable feeling.

In the summer I trim it up for aesthetic reasons to go out to the pool and such so it doesn't stick out like a wild tarantula from my swimsuit bottoms but during the winter though I just let it go. My bf doesn't mind he likes me natural and I'm happy with that.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions as far as products go to offer you. I'd just say do what makes you feel comfortable. It's your body and you have to live with it the rest of your life. Good luck to you.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My advice is to shave with the grain of your hair growth, not against it.

It might not feel like as "close" a shave, and you may have to do it more frequently, but it eliminates the bumps/ingrown hairs because you aren't cutting them off below the surface of the skin.

Other tips are to

• always shave during or immediately after a hot shower or bath during which you wash the area well
  • apply shave cream to wet skin and let it set about 3-5 minutes before shaving
  • rinse with warm or hot water after shaving to clean up and then immediately rinse with cold water to close the pores in your skin
  • then apply a good-quality alcohol-free moisturizing after-shave balm and let it air dry
Doing these things will help eliminate the two most common causes of your irritation, which are bacteria and surface contaminants being pushed into your pores and hairs cut below the surface level that your epidermis then closes over.

iian1972

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My wife uses something called an epalator or something like that and never has a problem, she will never use razors as she will then have the same problem. Epalator or something?? Its like an electric shaver for men.

iian1972

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
And its my job to do it for her with said machine, which is a very horny and nice thing to do together.