Trinity - The New ITV2 Show

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had the misfortune of catching about 5 minutes of this drivel last night. There really are no words that can describe just how awful it is. The basic idea of the show (from what I gathered from my short viewing) is that its set in a posh British university and involves lots of rich snobby people shagging each other and being bitchy. Intercut some shots of bums, a few close ups of the female stars cleavage, throw in some simulated fucking, add a couple of needless swears and apparently you've got a TV show.:eek:

Anyone else caught this on TV? I say caught in the sense one might catch a cold or the clap. ITV.com - Trinity

Heard about it, but won't bother now. Reggie from Radio 1's in it, isn't he?

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Trinity responds to the above post:

--------------------

Actually what I post is not "spam" at all, but hard-hitting political news from accredited news sources. Recent polls suggest that liberal posters, like the poster above, enjoy venting their political rage at high-minded, fact-checking concerned american citizens such as myself.

Questionable Poll from Fox News Inserted Here

Liberal commentors, like the one referenced above, hate when I link to recent polls suggesting that the american people hate the healthcare "public option"

Link - to the one single poll (out of 27 recent polls) that shows americans don't favor a public option

As you see, I try to stay professional and cool and high-minded (just forget, please, that I'm linking you to white supremacist websites and ultra-partisan opinion pieces), even as I am unfairly maligned. When people put me on "Ignore", it's because they can't handle the truth.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had the misfortune of catching about 5 minutes of this drivel last night. There really are no words that can describe just how awful it is. The basic idea of the show (from what I gathered from my short viewing) is that its set in a posh British university and involves lots of rich snobby people shagging each other and being bitchy. Intercut some shots of bums, a few close ups of the female stars cleavage, throw in some simulated fucking, add a couple of needless swears and apparently you've got a TV show.:eek:

Anyone else caught this on TV? I say caught in the sense one might catch a cold or the clap. ITV.com - Trinity

This sounds like where the cast of "Gossip Girl" will go when they finish high school. :biggrin1:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There has been mind numbing insipid television in the US for years...The UK is long overdo for a taste of it.
Once when I was in a video rental shop (here in the US), some British comedy show that I had never seen before was being played on the television screens around the shop. It seemed to be all about a bunch of louts who shriek at each other. I could not get any idea of why anyone would think their antics funny.

The Simpsons once had an episode in which the Simpsons are watching PBS (our one non-profit public television network) and the host who is trying to raise money touts "crappy British TV programs that you think are better than crappy American TV programs." We then see a snippet of an English program called Do Shut Up, about a family of soccer hooligans who beat the crap out of each other. Seemed right on the money to me.

Understand that I am a big fan of the best television comedy shows to come from Britain -- Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, and in a lesser league Father Jack (yes, the characters and most of the writing and producing staff were Irish, but the show was produced by a British company). But it doesn't surprise me that there is a lot of shite that is as far below those shows as most of our television comedy is below the first few years of The Simpsons, say.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This sounds like where the cast of "Gossip Girl" will go when they finish high school. :biggrin1:
I thought the exact same thing!

I'm taking bets on how long this show will be around? Two episodes? Three? Maybe a push at four?
One can only hope. If the success of these types of shows in NA is any indication, then this show won't be going anywhere for too long a while.:frown1: